• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In Modern Warfare, players can choose to enable crossplay, allowing players to play with friends on all three supported platforms, so the game offers an opt-in choice.

2. A COD Account is Needed:

Remember, you will need a COD Account to play Modern Warfare, if you don't have one already you can create one here.

3. Matchmaking and Balancing:

In Modern Warfare, crossplay has been designed to factor play balancing across differences in controller type. No one should feel an unfair advantage. Plus, players have choices on which control device they wish to use on any platform. Here are some examples you may experience:

· You can decide to use keyboard and mouse on PlayStation® 4 or Xbox One.

· You can decide to use a controller on PC.

· PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play against each other, provided they all utilize controllers, or all utilize KBM (a keyboard and mouse).

· You can place into a lobby where there are no control scheme filters, allowing you to play with players using both controllers and/or KBM across up to all three supported platforms.

We'll also see the removal of Season Pass along with plans to release free maps and content post-launch.
Most Post-launch gameplay content, including new multiplayer maps, new multiplayer modes, special ops missions and more will release simultaneously across all platforms. We look forward to further detailing how post-launch content plans will operate prior to Modern Warfare's launch on October 25th.
For the very first time in our partnership with PlayStation, PS4 players will have an exciting Day 1 advantage. More details on how Call of Duty will continue to support PlayStation as the best place to play Modern Warfare will be rolled out soon.

So crossplay will be enabled by default if you have a COD account already linked to your platform ID. You can turn it off and you can choose to only play with controller users, only with KB&M users, or a mix.

There won't be a season pass, all gameplay DLC will come at the same time for all platforms, and the PS4 will get an exclusive boost of some kind on day one (some are speculating that its double XP).

Now unfortunately we all know Activision and know that horrifying microtransactions are likely to come quickly after launch, so don't think this is all altruistic.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't trust Activision and their after release monetization plans anymore.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Crossplay sounds absolutely awesome. I can finally join my PS4 buddies using my PC + controller combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.