• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Code Vein, or The Surge 2?

• Code Vein

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • The Surge 2

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • Both

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 32 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Just curious about what you all are more interested in.

I tried the Code Vein demo, and it really feels like my character should be moving faster than they actually do in-game. Although I have to admit that the customization for Code Vein is stupidly extensive, and that I'm a big fan of it.

The Surge 2 looks like it's going to be The Surge, but better. While the first game was alright, it definitely had some variety issues that the sequel seems to address. I'm probably going to pick up both once they're on sale, or something.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I hated Code Vein demo, and the first Surge was okay. The trailers of Surge 2 showed a ton of improvement, so if I had to chose, that would be S2 without a doubt.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more interested on The Surge 2 but well get it later maybe, right now? Neither.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I put Code Vein the the, "Absolutely no interest" column, and The Surge 2 in the, "Potentially interested if they made drastic improvements" column. So going with Neither until they show a lot more of The Surge 2.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Between those two, The Surge 2 but I haven't bought Greedfall yet so probably that first.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I never played the first Surge but Surge 2 looks like it'd be pretty decent. Meanwhile Code Vein actively turns me off just based on its aesthetics. I don't like the weird sci-fi element of Surge 2 either tbh so I'm not interested in it all that much.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who played the code vein demo, I'm steering away from that. It had potential but the combat lacked major aspects to make it feel satisfying. The biggest issue I had with it is the hit detection/reaction from enemies. It lacked it in a major fashion which feels really off.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I'm more interested in Code Vein but too much other stuff takes priority right now that I'll maybe look at it when it's cheap if it's reviews at least somewhat well.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted neither. Code Vein demo was woeful and so was The Surge. Expecting very little from the sequel.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Neither look great, and will probably drop in price like a stone, but if you're truly craving that type of game than probably The Surge

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly neither. The code vein demo was just terrible and the first surge game was below average

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Surge all the way. Liked the first game a lot despite all of its flaws, so really interested to see how they improved.

Code Vein on the other hand... I was looking forward to it, but Beta and Demo both did pretty much nothing for me. Game just doesn't feel good to play for me.

Oct 27, 2017
If this screenshot cannot sell you on Code Vein, it is probably worth waiting for reviews then:
original.jpg

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
i actually enjoyed the surge so i'll be picking up the second one. I really like what i've seen from the trailers so far

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Code Vein look a little mediocre in those gameplay videos. Like the Surge so the sequel is a no brainier.

Status
Not open for further replies.