• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Thought this was as an interesting read. It gives some updates on developing for next gen, ease of development tools and how quickly they hit 120fps

some quotes

SSD

"The drive is so fast that I can load data mid-frame, use it, consume it, unload and replace it with something else in the middle of a frame, treating GPU memory like a virtual disk. How much texture data can I now load?

"Obviously, that SSD drive is incredible. It's not like a PC SSD, it's more than that. Being able to load data so ridiculously fast is not only really impressive but as a developer, it's very interesting.

In the future, I'm really excited to see how this technology is going to change the face of videogames because I really believe it will."

120fps

"Firstly, I was very surprised at how quickly we were able to configure for 120fps and get it up and running. More importantly, I was shocked at how quickly we could hit 120fps! We hadn't done any optimization for it at this stage but the game was frequently hitting 120fps."

news.xbox.com

Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Dirt 5 - Xbox Wire

When it launches this holiday, Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console the world has ever seen. One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
No shit. People who think the XSX ssd is shit because the PS5 is faster are wrong. Next gen is gonna be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.