• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The phrase that stands out to me is "without due process, mistakes are made."

I agree with this, and it's why I try to adhere to "innocent until proven guilty." Yes, for too long certain scenarios were far too ignored and certain victims had no voice. So what we should have learned is to be better listers. Do not immediately dismiss an accuser, but do not immediately vilify the accused. Sadly, we are well beyond the slippery slope and firmly in the muck.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
There's a good book on this by Jon Ronson, "So You've Been Publicly Shamed".

Video is actually rather good. Give it a chance.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Good vid. Thanks, OP. Vid talks about public shaming back in the day vs. now mostly.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The comparison to vigilantism is apt. People feel it's necessary for perceived offenders to receive any punishment.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
So are they just paying you affiliate money to advertise this outside YouTube? The info section of this video is basically ad space.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the videos doesn't really have a lot to say for itself and just comes across as a bit wishy washy tbh.

yes, mob mentality is bad when the target is undeserving but that example of the guy who killed the lion? so fucking what. the guy is a piece of shit and if he has to live with the constant reminder that what he did was cruel then so be it. He's not being denied his liberty over it. Maybe the next person who thinks of doing it won't.

edit: also like half the video is just ads at the end. And I think I'm the only person who watched it.

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Op this is a bad faith thread. You cannot expect people to watchba video with no context or summary. Hell you haven't even given a reason to watch it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So are they just paying you affiliate money to advertise this outside YouTube? The info section of this video is basically ad space.
That's Youtube these days. Also ads are now part of the video like this one near the end thanks to adblockers and poor ad rates. I never see served ads since I'm on YT premium or whatever it is called.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to make an OP based on a video don't just drop a link and call it a day. Tell us why you think the video deserves discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.