• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely have no idea how people enjoy this nevermind say its superior to Pepsi.

Coke taste like someone tried to wash Pepsi.

Just be normal era

rude

Oct 25, 2017
You're supposed to get the diet flavored ones.

new-diet-coke-flavors-today-main-190114_58315d607ff42932f9c037f193d3a520.social_share_1200x630_center.jpg

Matador

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 12, 2019
I can't tell the difference, I just drink diet of whichever sometimes.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
both coke and pepsi are trash.

drink Almdudler and/or Fritz-kola. they are superior

wenn die kan Almdudler hab'n, dann geh' i wieder hoim!

idk if you get Almdudler outside of DACH countries. but i guess you do for Fritz-kola.

wfNcx9u.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Are we talking real sugar or that high fructose corn syrup shit?

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Pepsi, Pepsi max, Cola, Zero Cola, Light Cola etc all taste exactly the same. They put the same liquid in different bottles. People think they taste differently, it's placebo.

TalkingToast

Oct 29, 2017
I can't tell the difference, but my favourite colour has always been blue.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I agree with OP.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Drink Mexican Pepsi and coke. They actually use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and it makes a big difference.

I know this is a reaction thread that will probably get locked but seriously if your supermarket has the Mexican version buy them instead.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
OG Coke is the only coke worth drinking.

Not US coke tho. Basically any other countries Coke.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Drink Mexican Pepsi and coke. They actually use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and it makes a big difference.

I know this is a reaction thread that will probably get locked but seriously if your supermarket has the Mexican version buy them instead.
This is great advice for Americans. But for the rest of the world, this sentence is basically "ANY OTHER COUNTRY EXCEPT AMERICA".

That said, both are bad and I only drink zero anyway. #TeamKeto

Chilled Coke with some lemon juice/lemon in it = godlike
Vanilla / Cherry >>>> Lemon

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'm fine with this zero thought reactionary thread existing because this exquisite piece of troll art wouldn't have been written without it.
Thanks! But honestly didn't mean to troll, of course they taste differently but for me it's almost non existant, never cared enough, people are like "hey I got cola but it's light hope you dont mind" and I'm like "whatever". Never understood people saying they like one but not the other.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! But honestly didn't mean to troll, of course they taste differently but for me it's almost non existant, never cared enough, people are like "hey I got cola but it's light hope you dont mind" and I'm like "whatever". Never understood people saying they like one but not the other.
Becase they taste different and people like different tastes?

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Pepsi is too sweet. At least in Brazil. The other brands here are terrible, like "supermarket generic brand".

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Pepsi. Yeah buddy.
However:
Ginger ale > Dr Pepper > Cream Soda > Sprite Remix > Root Beer > Pepsi > Coca Cola

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
All coke style drinks are kinda awful. Makes my teeth feel weird. That said, Coca-Cola is the least bad of them.

both coke and pepsi are trash.

drink Almdudler and/or Fritz-kola. they are superior

wenn die kan Almdudler hab'n, dann geh' i wieder hoim!

idk if you get Almdudler outside of DACH countries. but i guess you do for Fritz-kola.

wfNcx9u.jpg

Now this... THIS is a good soft drink.

I also love to drink kvass whenever I'm in Eastern Europe.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Growing up I used to despise Coca Cola and prefered Pepsi just because it tasted better. As I grew older and distanced myself from sugar, I noticed that Pepsi Max or Diet Pepsi is great for the first 3 sips and then it just becomes to disgustingly intolerable by the half-way point. Diet Coke - on the other hand - has a much more fuller cola flavour that's not reliant on sweetness which makes it great for folk like me who aren't used to very sweet/high sugar. Diet Coke is my - go to - soft drink now.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree. Well, drink the superior Coke with sugar instead of corn syrup (if you're in the States) and get back to us.

As for diets, I like Coke Zero, but sometimes switch to Pepsi Max because the carbonation level and taste is slightly different.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Are we talking real sugar or that high fructose corn syrup shit?

High fructose corn syrup Coke is the only good tasting Coke. The Mexican (cane sugar) version is far too sweet and entirely lacks that little bite. Same goes for the sweeteners used in Zero and Diet.

I have 2-3 ice cold small cans a week. No fountain or bottles. It's really the only pop I drink.

160127_em_minisodas.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
This tread, nuke it from space. I regret looking at it.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Every high fructose corn syrup soda tastes worse than its actual version. I am grateful for this fact because it meant I end up quitting soda after moving to the U.S. because it all tastes so awful.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Ok, I get ya, but it is fun to read as troll post.

I drink a lot of soda, and for me I can immediately tell when I've been accidentally served a sugar soda and not a diet one. The mouthfeel is completely different, as is the aftertaste. With sugar sodas, the former is heavier and creamier, the latter lingers longer. I find it repulsive. I know lots of people in the opposite direction, where they can immediately tell when they've been served diet and similarly find it repulsive. It's probably the sort of thing that you know if you drink way too much of it like I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.