• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of threads here and on reddit posting about bugs, performance etc with little to NO communication from FromSoftware Inc. A game can be great but at a certain point, the developers need to start taking some action...

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, while id prefer faster patches, they patched the games 1-2 days after launch, and had a PR release about the bugs.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
The link to a google search of FromSoftware was something, alright.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
From has never really been the most communicative of devs and even with Elden Ring's massive success, I don't really expect that to change. That being said I'm sure they're aware of the bugs and performance issues and are looking into what they can do about it, but it's going to take time. Contrary to what many people seem to believe, they're not a massive AAA studio either.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what you want? Fixes take time. It isn't like they are just going to leave it in this state. DS3 got its major patch like 20 days after launch if I remember.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Timeframe aside, I think some people need to reset their expectations as to the amount of patching this game is likely to get and how likely it is that many bugs even rise to From's level for patch-worthy.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
It took them a year to drop a Pro patch for Dark Souls 3. Seems par for the course with them or they are taking the Nintendo approach of "if it ain't broke and people still play it, why fix it?".

It took them a month to "fix" Bloodborne load times so I'd say give 'en a month at least. After they ain't coming back until they drop an expansion.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
first-time-james-franco.gif

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sometimes I don't understand what you people want from devs.

Less crunch? Your problems fixed immediately? Less frequent, larger patches? More frequent, smaller patches? More communication, even if they don't really have anything to say?

"We're aware of the problems and are working to fix them."

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/message-about-some-performance-issues-elden-ring

There. That's likely the last thing they actually have to say on the matter because they're working to implement fixes. Jesus christ, gamers.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
Forbidden West has been for three, launched in much better state and we are at 1.07.

it's a 1st party Sony game so gets special access to certification. Also 3 weeks and already up to patch 1.07 doesn't speak volumes about the state of that game at launch if it has required that many updates.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Still waiting for a major update to start on PS5.

Getting the big games on day 1 is like being a beta tester these days, It's more annoying than before.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't wait to get that horizon comparison off.

They most likely working on it can't say much else other than their initial apology and we're working on it. They do need better Qa tho

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya

Less crunch? Your problems fixed immediately? Less frequent, larger patches? More frequent, smaller patches? More communication, even if they don't really have anything to say?

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/message-about-some-performance-issues-elden-ring

There. That's likely the last thing they actually have to say on the matter because they're working to implement fixes. Jesus christ, gamers.
Honestly a good take. There have been less than ten full work days in Japan since release.

Couldn't wait to get that horizon comparison off.

They most likely working on it can't say much else other than their initial apology and we're working on it. They do need better Qa tho
QA doesn't have the power to fix bugs. Without access to their bug database there's nothing you can reasonably criticize the QA staff for.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

I bet one of the biggest regrets the industry has is that it allowed themselves to set a standard of constant engagement with gamers. It's a constant deluge of not-good-enough sentiments if updates and patches are not shoved down our throats and if they're not constantly telling us that they're coming.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The only glitches I encountered really were some odd dungeon boss glitches (like one spawned with half hp and didn't react so it was a free kill). That was maybe like 2 in total, though.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There has been like 3 patches already, each with a post detailing them, and a post about them still working on fixes.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Let's not forget that all of the Dark Souls games have been offline since January and From still hasn't communicated when we can expect a fix for the security exploit that will allow them to come back online.

I know we're all in love with Elden Ring and people in here want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they're dropping the ball in a couple of areas at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.