• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
From the Destiny 2 Stadia announcement when the cross play feature was mentioned.

D8ZDd18XoAcFtQQ.png

I think it is worth its own thread as the cross play/cross save topic can sometimes lead to arguing over who is truly to blame.

It's important that this is as clear as possible so that there is absolutely zero debate as to why cross save has not been announced for PS4 yet. It is only on Sony and no one else.

If anyone wants this to change, you'll need to make noise. It's very clear that they are still not listening.

Edit: Sorry, I said "cross play" at one point by mistake.

Last edited:

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
BHAHAHAHA!

Definitely for the players!

Sony, change your ways. You're looking like the out of touch ones now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Fuck this, change this Sony. I don't even care about destiny, but this is ridiculous at this point.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This kind of shit is a bad look for Sony. They refuse to get with the times. The future is this kind of stuff and they really need to get on board. Otherwise, we are entering the arrogant PS3 Sony and we saw how that went.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You'd think after so many people lighting fires under Sony's ass over stuff like this that they'd get a clue. Hopefully things change sooner rather than later.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Pending Approval does not mean holding back.........geez
Sensationalist thread title to create false uproar. Can we just wait and see?

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
when i first read it, i thought sony was going to just manually approve each transfer instead of just flat out not doing any transfers

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of shit is a bad look for Sony. They refuse to get with the times. The future is this kind of stuff and they really need to get on board. Otherwise, we are entering the arrogant PS3 Sony and we saw how that went.

Are we though. Not even the Cross play stuff has hurt sony in any way. They only budged because they noise got too loud.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
They paid a lot of money to get the Destiny fanbase on PS4, and they aren't going to let them free anytime soon.
Pretty much this. The exclusivity on certain content may be the main sticking point, since, realistically, all of your stuff is stored on Bungie's servers and you just have to link to a Bungie.net account for it. It should be trivial to allow it, so hopefully this is just "we haven't heard back from them yet"and not Sony being shitty about it.

(pending comments from people assuming only malice)

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well....yeah. They've done this since day one and we've all complained about it for years. I don't know what else needs to be said. At least not between us.
Maybe we should get Sony's attention instead.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they would try to be more diplomatic in assigning blame. They just threw Sony under the bus as they should Lol

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
so is this cross save/cross play? like I can go back and forth from platform to platform as many times as I want? Or is this save transfers e.g. send my character from xbox to stadia?

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Doesn't surprise me. Part of the reason I've been migrating from their ecosystem. It's a shame because my D2 character is on PS4 and I'm not playing the intro story again, so if I can't transfer my character, I just won't play D2 again at all.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Fuck off. I don't want to be stuck on your damn platform. Have stopped playing any multiplatform games on their console.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Make sense. if you had a PS4 Pro and a Xbox one X. why would you even want to play it on the Pro when you have the better X version.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
This just shows how insecure they are about their community and population, not letting their consumers leave their platform, blocking it with bullshit like this.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Pantsuit Emporium will remember this

Seriously though, its this kind of stuff that would make me choice Xbox when next gen comes along.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Pretty much this. The exclusivity on certain content may be the main sticking point, since, realistically, all of your stuff is stored on Bungie's servers and you just have to link to a Bungie.net account for it. It should be trivial to allow it, so hopefully this is just "we haven't heard back from them yet"and not Sony being shitty about it.

(pending comments from people assuming only malice)
I see absolutely no reason to call Sony out in this trailer, other than hoping that public outcry changes their stance.

Which means they already heard the pitch and said no, or have just had cotton in their ears for the past few months.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
There was a time when I would expect something like that coming from Nintendo because their struggle with online in general
Now every time something out of touch comes it's always Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.