• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NASHVILLE, Tenn (WTVF) — Conservative talk radio host Phil Valentine has died following a lengthy battle with COVID-19. He was 61 years old.

Recently Valentine voiced skepticism about the COVID-19 vaccine.

In December of 2020 he tweeted "I have a very low risk of A) Getting COVID and B) dying of it if I do. Why would I risk getting a heart attack or paralysis by getting the vaccine?"

He even recorded a parody song - Vaxman - mocking the vaccine.

In July, he told his audience he had COVID and he expected to be back soon.

www.newschannel5.com

Outspoken conservative radio host Phil Valentine dies after battling COVID-19

Longtime conservative talk radio host Phil Valentine has died from COVID-19.

Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
oh-no.gif

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
As was his god given right! o7 what a patriot!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I wonder if these sorts of deaths will even move the needle on antivaxxer opinion. I suspect not
No. They just go into conspiracies about how ventilators kill people and that he probably got the vaccine in secret and that gave him covid.

His death will convince very few people, if any at all because most of the people left without the vaccine are hardcore into conspiracies, and yes that includes Trump supporters.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Welp.

And absolutely good of that article to remind ppl of his stance on the vaccine and Covid in general. Yeah, he came to his senses after the fact but it was literally too lil too late ...oh well.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Welp.

And absolutely good of that article to remind ppl of his stance on the vaccine and Covid in general. Yeah, he came to his senses after the fact but it was literally too lil too late ...oh well.
And his "senses" would have lasted about a week. The people that tune in to him don't want to hear about the vaccine. They want to be lied to. They want to be angry. Listeners would be dropping like flies and he'd stop that shit real quick. Their whole life mentality is rotten to the core and it very rarily changes. The power and the money is what they live for. Or in his case, died for.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
My thoughts and prayers are with all the people he convinced not to get the vaccine that also died or are suffering long-term complications due to COVID.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It's just God calling one of his most powerful spirit warriors home a little early. 👼

I'm sure the COVID diagnosis was a lie promulgated by Big Science to make this guy look bad.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Even if he survived, his quality of life would have been shit. He went through an agonising month for both himself and his family and friends for no reason.

Millions of people are suffering without having the vaccine, mostly due to a lack of access or are immunocompromised or not eligible in some other way. On top of that so many are ending up in the hospital and needing treatment not just for Covid symptoms but other diseases and conditions like cancer that are not able to get their care thanks to these anti-vaxxers.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't understand. Why did he spend a month in hospital? I thought he distrusted medical science, since he was against the vaccine.

Last month:

"Yes, the rumors are true. I have COVID. Unfortunately for the haters out there, it looks like I'm going to make it. Interesting experience. I'll have to fill you in when I come back on the air. I'm hoping that will be tomorrow, but I may take a day off just as a precaution. It'll be a game time decision."

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get how people let themselves get brainwashed to believe mocking vaccines and dying is a better idea than just getting a vaccine.

humanity is just urg.

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad more of the republicans don't get high on their own supply like this one. I do love how these z tiers weren't let in on the real grift. Should we tell Phil that weve all actually been vaxxed? Nah.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I just don't get how people let themselves get brainwashed to believe mocking vaccines and dying is a better idea than just getting a vaccine.

humanity is just urg.
They get other vaccines though. Plenty are required to attend schools or colleges, or the military, or immigration. It's just this vaccine, because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.