• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Kyanrute also why getting mal to confirm turmoil doesnt work is because he could still have the role, but be scum.
Only slight hesitation I have on turmoil is the claim.

Scum were given fake roles. Chuggs hinting at something happening when he dies and turmoil going with the lie he went with doesn't make sense. He should already know what fake claim to go with. But that could be a mixture of turm not reading.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Kyanrute also why getting mal to confirm turmoil doesnt work is because he could still have the role, but be scum.
Only slight hesitation I have on turmoil is the claim.

Scum were given fake roles. Chuggs hinting at something happening when he dies and turmoil going with the lie he went with doesn't make sense. He should already know what fake claim to go with. But that could be a mixture of turm not reading.
wait, how do you know scum were given fake roles?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I already told you how you could avoid the bomb if I were the bomber: Don't go into the rooms I was in. Or do you now believe the bomber could place the bomb in any room? because that would increase the number of suspects significantly.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
But if malus is telling the truth we lose a decent power wasted on a player resigned to their fate already. If malus has a different target already I wouldn't mind him being shot.

Make him to do the townie thing - just consider him dead. wee, if you are on board, give malus a time. He has until that time to change his target. At the time or when malus says he has switched, shoot him. If he refuses to change the target or the time is met, shoot him. The onus is on malus to accept his death and do what he can to benefit town with his powers.

I already told you how you could avoid the bomb if I were the bomber: Don't go into the rooms I was in.

That is such a wuss move that misses the high roll of just shooting you and lynching turmoil. What's better than tanking the bomb? Getting rid of it for once and for all. Tanking the bomb is the default move now and we have the opportunity to roll for a better outcome. I say roll, but based on what we know, the odds should be at least moderately good if not better.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Make him to do the townie thing - just consider him dead. wee, if you are on board, give malus a time. He has until that time to change his target. At the time or when malus says he has switched, shoot him. If he refuses to change the target or the time is met, shoot him. The onus is on malus to accept his death and do what he can to benefit town with his powers.

That is such a wuss move that misses the high roll of just shooting you and lynching turmoil. What's better than tanking the bomb? Getting rid of it for once and for all. Tanking the bomb is the default move now and we have the opportunity to roll for a better outcome. I say roll, but based on what we know, the odds should be at least moderately good if not better.
From my understanding, mal can only switch targets at night?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Did he mention that? I thought he avoided the question and/or people were thinking that he could change it during the day since this all was being a talking point. If he can't, just pewpew away.

malus

Oct 30, 2017

And where are you getting those odds from? TearablePuns is currently not in the room he was on N4 when the bomb was set and he hasn't even claimed yet.

TearablePuns go to the quarters.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Maol isn't the bomber, I refuse to believe that Fran created the role and then decided to throw some vigi shots which don't help the win condition but instead hinder the bomber in every way as a freebie. If we've reached the point where you believe that then I've got some arsonist doctors to sell you.

Pros of shooting turmoil: really doesn't want to get shot, if we end up lunching malus afterwards and he's town then he can give us info on a third person.

Pros of shooting malus: If malus is town it'll confirm turmoil's alignment (death leading to a double lunch isn't a scum role). If turmoil is town we get a double lunch tomorrow if we end up lunching him.

My opinion: Shoot turmoil, he really doesn't want to get shot and a double lunch isn't that great. The possibility of a role confirm is very good and it'd be a shame to waste it on probably scum turmoil (I feel like this is the scenario that scum turmoil wants, to waste malus' shot (though that doesn't mean that malus isn't just neutral) I don't think he's mentioned how shooting malus will confirm himself which is really weird).

I told yall it's a good idea to wait for a bit before doing updates to the claims list. Never know what will go down, I'll try and do it post kill.

Heads up I might not be round for EOD as it happens just after I get off a train, should be around half an hour beforehand though.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
sigh I dont want to waste malus shot

I have been telling malus to change his target a long time

I have been telling you to lunch me a long time

why the fuck no one reads*

* guilty af too

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Why are you so trigger happy in getting rid of me Kalor. You know that I am town and most agree with that notion

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Not gonna waste my breathe on maol anymore. Everything is there for the non blind. I hope I'm right on mao simply to throw it in your faces for you guys to stop going the "this role must be town!!!" mentality. It's dumb. I was just a scum day vig in a NORMAL game. And I got by largely because town went "I don't see this being scum role" for a large majority of the game.

And mao giving out guns doesn't hinder him, if he never gives them out. You think it's a coincidence the first person he gives a gun to is also the person who said she didn't believe he was scum in her lonely nightchat?

The fact that he is trying to rely on the role being town only, from a wiki page should be a red flag.

Siri play U Guessed It by OG Maco

*truffleshuffle*

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna waste my breathe on maol anymore. Everything is there for the non blind. I hope I'm right on mao simply to throw it in your faces for you guys to stop going the "this role must be town!!!" mentality. It's dumb. I was just a scum day vig in a NORMAL game. And I got by largely because town went "I don't see this being scum role" for a large majority of the game.

And mao giving out guns doesn't hinder him, if he never gives them out. You think it's a coincidence the first person he gives a gun to is also the person who said she didn't believe he was scum in her lonely nightchat?

The fact that he is trying to rely on the role being town only, from a wiki page should be a red flag.

Siri play U Guessed It by OG Maco

*truffleshuffle*
What are you saying then ?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also turmoil could be lying about double lunch and in fact cause lunch free. Or sommit. But malus' claim says the alignment doesn't appear with the role data. If we see his role and it's double lunch we will enjoy that, but if it's a no lunch day what will we do.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will shoot in like 30 minutes or less because I got work. And i'm not caffeinated yet so i'm real irritable.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Also turmoil could be lying about double lunch and in fact cause lunch free. Or sommit. But malus' claim says the alignment doesn't appear with the role data. If we see his role and it's double lunch we will enjoy that, but if it's a no lunch day what will we do.
If it's a no lunch day then we'd just have to eat the hit. Nothing much else to do.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do we want to check turmoil when almost everyone is scum reading him already? Wouldn't it make since to check a different potential bomber or someone trying to blend in?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right, this looks like it was a REALLY good productive discussion. We would all kill the other one, yeah? so which should die of 100% accurate bullet?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil tried to hammer himself so he's not a lynch bomb. That would be dumb and he's not dumb.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Malus has died

Welcome to Conspiracy Mafia 2!

You are one of the chosen and that means that you are TOWN.

You are an Oracle. During the night phase you can use the command SEE: PLAYERNAME. If you are night killed the role of your last target will be revealed in the game thread.

You also can vote during the day phase.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Your game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...und-like-a-crazy-person.165845/#post-28425089

Please confirm reception of this role by PM or in the game thread.

If you have any question or doubts you can send me a PM. Have fun!

You can continue