• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Remedy has published its financial results for the first half of 2021, and reported a slight 3.3% increase in revenue to reach €17.5 million.

The operating profit at the Control developer during that period was mostly the same as last year, going from €3.16 million to €3.15 million.

The report also highlighted results for the three months ended June 2021, with revenue growing 3.2% to €9.4 million, and operating profit increasing 10% to €2.3 million.

Remedy CEO Tero Virtala noted in his comments that Control's royalty revenues were "slightly higher" in Q2 2021 compared to Q2 2020, following the release of the title's Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S in February.

He added that Control has now reached 10 million players worldwide since its original launch in August 2019. The last milestone shared about Control sales was in December last year, with two million copies shifted then.

Cash balance by the end of Q2 2020 was €60.6 million, which Virtala said provides Remedy with "stronger means to execute [its] strategy and carry out [its] ambitious long-term growth plans."

www.gamesindustry.biz

Control continues boosting Remedy's financials

Remedy has published its financial results for the first half of 2021, and reported a slight 3.3% increase in revenue t…

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Can't understand why this game is so popular. It's gameplay loop is and aesthetics is boring is fuck. Atmosphere for the game sure is weird and special i'll give it that but otherwise a mediocre game through and through.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Jun 24, 2021
I'm guessing that's very good news. I only played it because they gave it for free to PS Plus subscribers a few months ago (btw, do not play it on a base PS4, trust me). I wonder how many of those were free players.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't understand why this game is so popular. It's gameplay loop is and aesthetics is boring is fuck. Atmosphere for the game sure is weird and special i'll give it that but otherwise a mediocre game through and through.

The best answer to this, given its reception and multiple GotY noms and awards, is that most people would disagree with this.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I love the brutalist architecture of the oldest house, so I couldn't disagree more on that. To be fair here, I played this with RTX on PC, and I feel realistic lighting is very useful here, as it would look too flat otherwise, masking how imposing and gigantic the rooms really are.
As for the gameplay loop, it took me a while to warm up to it, getting all the powers, but once I did, combat felt amazing and continuously exhilarating. Even all these years after Max Payne, Remedy still got it when it comes to making great third person shooters.

But the biggest draw of Control to me is the setting. I loved finding all these tiny reports and getting to understand the setting more and more. This is easily Remedies best game yet.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Since they're using the descriptor "players", was it ever offered for free somewhere? EGS, Game Pass, PS Plus?
Because damn I completely missed the freebie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.