• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2017
So i love Control so far, I've played about 5 hours or something and I'm enjoying everything about it from the story and characters to the combat gameplay and progression.
But holy hell it runs like dog shit on PS4. It's consistently dropping to 15 fps or less when the action gets more intense. I've never been one to care a huge amount about graphical fidelity but I'm honestly having trouble understanding whats happening on screen when the highest intensity moments run like slide shows.
I'd love to play it on some mega PC rig but unfortunately i just don't have the money for that or a 'Pro' console. It's pretty disappointing to play a brand new game that I'm otherwise enjoying only to have it buckle on modern consumer hardware.
Is this on Remedy for poor optimization? Or is this just how it is now? Games being designed for high-end PC hardware and being squished onto a console that can't really handle it. Will this happen a few years into the PS5's life?
just a thought on an otherwise excellent game

Status
Not open for further replies.