• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

subarashiki-anime.jp

すばらしきこのせかい The Animation

スクウェア・エニックスのトップクリエイターチームが手掛けたアクションRPG「すばらしきこのせかい」が待望のアニメ化!

WyMdO6m.png

"TWEWYP" is new. So far, the copyright has exclusively been to Square Enix. An example from the launch trailer of TWEWY Final Mix (october 2018):

Lg1gJX1.png

www.jp.square-enix.com

すばらしきこのせかい -Final Remix- | SQUARE ENIX

全世界で高評価を得たアクションRPGの傑作が様々な新要素を追加して、Nintendo Switchで登場! 2018年9月27日(木)発売!

P might stands for Production the same way they have Luminous Productions. It's quite possible Square Enix has a lot of plans for the future of the TWEWY brand.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Would be awesome, TWEWY could have a lot of cool merch. Games too of course ;^)

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
That's usual in Anime, the P stand usually for the Production Committee which includes goodies maker, tv stations, IP holder etc

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I would be hyped for this, but after playing the Switch version's extra story scenarios, i'm afraid and i wanto it to have zero relationship with tetsuya Nomura. Because this screams Tetsuya Nomura's FFVII Extended Universe style of content.

I would be happy with just the anime and some official merch, but having a whole production company makes me be terrified.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix muat have thought that there must be a lot of money to be made with an IP called "The World Ends With You" with the current pandemic going on

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I mentioned in the other thread with the trademarks *huuuuge trademarking of multiple merchandise trademarks, including food tie-in stuff), this is definitely something big, project wise. It doesn't mean we won't get a game, but it seems they wanna do a big push.

As for the copyright, that's a Production Committee copyright. That's very standard for these type of things. The P likely stands for "Project", which is what the "Production Committee" stands for. TMS Entertainment usually uses "Project" for these, so it "could" be them, but other studios have used it too (so does not mean it's them). So we'll see.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh well if that's not what i thought it meant, might as well lock the thread. might be interesting to put spotlight on all the other trademarks though, but on a different thread.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Likely just the production committee set up for producing the anime. Fruits Basket for example:

4yMKxlP_d.jpg

I honestly wouldn't read too much into it.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The real muster is that they are using the Twewy shorthand instead of the it's a wonderful world title the game had in Japan

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here's another video game example of an animation "committe" acronym - P4GA

807178998495687088.jpg

So yeah TWEWY P probably means The World Ends With You Production. So merch like clear files, keychains, blindbox figures, maaaybe some new full figures but Square Enix is precious about its own IP getting anything outside the Play Arts lines (Kingdom Hearts is Disney)

at least it confirms an English release, wonder who'll be handling it

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
These big multmedia pushes are usally full of crap so im not getting my hopes too high

But of all the franchises to do it with why TWEWY and why now? Did the switch rerelease do really well or something.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Very glad the game is getting this attention from them, but I'm sort-of baffled why they waited 13 years with very little attention given in the mean time. I hope it works out!

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
These big multmedia pushes are usally full of crap so im not getting my hopes too high

But of all the franchises to do it with why TWEWY and why now? Did the switch rerelease do really well or something.
My bet is that it underperformed and they want to try it as an anime to see if it gets populñar by that. Heck, Danganronpa was made into anime and was way more popular than it deserved and expected.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, betting this is just anime related stuff and not notable in itself. Still, merch is nice, and driving up interest in the series has obvious benefits for a potential new game.

so let's just continue to hope forever

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

This is all speculation but I feel TWEWY, with its focus on Tokyo minutae, a sharp artstyle, and loads of cosplayable fashion will find a bigger audience with the anime crowd in 2020 than it ever could have with DS owners in 2007

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Square Enix took one look at how well Persona 5 did and wondered how to get in on that

Status
Not open for further replies.