• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, you may have heard a while back a rumor Fromm Vergeben claiming that Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite was being updated and rebranded Marvel Vs Capcom 4, right? Well, back in December last year, Ryan "Filipino Champ" Ramirez posted a tweet with his main characters I never various fighting games, including past MVC games and it mentioned "MVC4- Magneto oooooooops!"

And then recently he posted this:

In response to a tweet saying not to play with his/her heart, he said "save my tweet".

And then posted this a few days ago.

Hmmmmm.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
An actual Marvel vs Capcom 4 would be the golden cherry on top of the amazing cake that is Capcom's recent ressurrection. I'm not getting my hopes up but damn

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Apparently everyone and their mum has been saying MvC4 exists, so this wouldn't surprise me. I think capcom knows they fucked up with MvC:I and a lot of the work in making a MvC:I Ultimate could just be shifted into a MvC4 with a better art direction and cast of characters.

As we have seen with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, we should at minimum get X-men back. So things are more a matter of when it'll get announced. During Evo it E3.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Fchamp is full of shit. The same people are complaining about sf5 season 4. Saying they don't know what's going on.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Apparently everyone and their mum has been saying MvC4 exists, so this wouldn't surprise me. I think capcom knows they fucked up with MvC:I and a lot of the work in making a MvC:I Ultimate could just be shifted into a MvC4 with a better art direction and cast of characters.
but the impression I get is that MVCI's problems were mostly due to Marvel (stipulations or rules or forced roster, etc)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well, everyone with a brain knew the "Infinite being updated into MvC4" rumor was complete nonsense so an actual MvC4 is at least believable.

Capcom will make sure to push that number "4" in the title, along with a better art style and a return to 3v3 as a way to let people know, "This is the true follow-up to MvC3. We're sorry about that whole Infinite thing."

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Finally Capcom will redeem themselves by putting Hsien Ko back in and making her not trash tier. Only then will Capgod be truly back.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Hopefully we get a better looking game and we get charterers that should have been in these games by now (Leon and Nero).

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
It would be really hard for me to get excited for marvel again after that travesty of a game MVCI. But again that's just me.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you guys think Combofiend jumped over from Capcom to Marvel?

Best believe this is the comeback arc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Until we hear from someone more reliable, I wouldn't put any stock in these rumors. Vergeben shouldn't even be considered, & FChamp on his own isn't exactly much.

I say this as a huge MvC fan, but I just don't want to see us get our hopes up only to be disappointed later. If it happens, it'll happen.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the huge amount of creative hamstringing Marvel hoisted onto Infinite on top of the shoestring budget, I'm not really sure why we'd want an MvC4. Surely the kind of person who's super enamored with playing as a generic Sentinel will be just fine with any other function in a dedicated Capcom Fighting All Stars.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

As we have seen with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, we should at minimum get X-men back. So things are more a matter of when it'll get announced. During Evo it E3.
UA3's existence also means that Marvel is being less manipulative about the game's content and artstyle. I'm confident we'll get the MvC4 we deserve, neither Capcom nor Marvel are stupid.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. And honestly, that MvCI update + rebranding rumor thing sounds sketchy and nonsensical as hell

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
It was a bit shocking MVCI didn't have a Street Fighter 5 rep, I mean they bothered to throw in Crimson Viper into 3.

So hopefully someone like Rashid or G are in the game...or Juri.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt he knows anything.

And it would be really dumb of Capcom to go back to this shitshow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth noting that supposedly, back in January, a French fighting game rep who leaked characters from Street Fighter V mentioned in a podcast saying that he heard a new MVC is in dev and that we would be hearing about it in April. (This is just where I happened to find it, BTW.)

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No way do they update that shit show infinite to 4.

Make a hard point that this is a direct sequel to 3 and push x men hard. Plus make it look amazing, god I wish RE engine can be used.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Also bring this shit back--

tumblr_pl4o6p9iTa1satj6do2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n8t93qGYBQ1se9xd2o1_500.gif

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Won't believe until it's real. I feel like there could be some bad blood between Marvel and Capcom due to all the limiting creative decisions in Infinite in addition to how quickly the game got killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.