• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you have the PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4... but then they also released the PS4 Pro which you could practically call the PS5 since it's a better specced version of the PS4. Sony calling their next console the PS6 doesn't seem too crazy does it?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the big brain play, after Microsoft names their console Xbox 5 they will be blindsided by the PS6 and everyone will buy the PS6 because 6 is greater than 5.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it'd be a terrible idea, but sure. History has shown that no matter how dumb the name once it's been around for a while people just accept it.

Also they should clearly count the Vita as well and call it the PS7. :P

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I can just imagine Sony letting Microsoft reveal first - who seeing the brilliant idea in that other thread, go with Xbox 5. Sony proceeds to bring out their big guns, this gens version of being $100 cheaper - PS6.

They straight up told us they're calling it PS5 already. I know you're just riffing on that other thread too, but yeah, at least make sure the joke works :P
Arrogant Sony vs Brave Microsoft vs Doomed Nintendo battle royale
You forgot Punished Google!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to skip numbers. It's not a race, and there was never a PS5 yet. PS4pro is PS4pro, or PS4.5 if you wish.

The name for the next console was already revealed to be Playstation 5.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I figured if anything, the next Xbox will be the Xbox 5. Like how Microsoft wanted to jump to Windows 10, Apple wanted to jump to iPhone X, etc.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
*facepalm*

we running out of things to discuss? lol sorry not to thread whining but isn't PS5 already been confirmed by Sony.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they could "get away with it", but it would certain cause a commotion among gamers.

Apple did skip iPhone 9 and seems everybody's over it now.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I thought Microsoft just announced PlayStation 6, didn't they? So how could Sony name their next console PS6?

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Do Not Create: Response or Parody Threads

A response thread is a thread created to 'respond' or react to a discussion that is already ongoing in an existing thread. This happens when a member wants to shout over posters in the other thread, or because they believe that their opinion is more important than the other replies. A parody thread is a thread created to parody another thread, either for mockery or as a joke. Please do not do any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.