• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
one moment stood out among all the trailers and world premieres. CrossfireX, an upcoming shooter from Smilegate Entertainment, debuted campaign footage that was accompanied by an unusual cover of the DMX classic "X Gon Give It to Ya."

I didn't notice at first. That's how subtle it is. But once someone pointed it out to me, it's hard not to hear that the hyped-up tune was mellowed out for the purposes of a dramatic video game trailer. Instead of DMX forcefully telling us what he's about to do, we've got a woman gently preparing us for some heartbreak, or something. I guess it's lyrically appropriate, but even so, this is probably one of the silliest things I've heard all year.

Someone need to stop Aaron greenberg. This's too much.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, is this thread worthy? We have several threads already to discuss the show.

Maybe the knack visiting are making people pull the trigger on new threads.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we talked about it already in the thread about the trailer.
And thinking Greenberg decides this is funny tho.

Oct 25, 2017
This music is more important than that trailer. Who cares about another shooter? But we've reached new trailercore heights here.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't even realize it until towards the end, I chuckled and moved on. The things some of you get hung up on is mind boggling.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I mean we talked about it already in the thread about the trailer.
And thinking Greenberg decides this is funny tho.
It's just a joke since Aaron loves to throw this hashtag around. I know the head of marketing isn't supervising every music that goes into every trailer. Chill man lol

Status
Not open for further replies.