• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And the comments are Scrubquotes goldmine.

The original tweet.

The replies...

There's more but they've got homophobic slurs in them. Read the replies of the original tweet or check the Scrubquotes account.
Between this and the review bombing of the game on Steam, today's been pretty bad for the CS:GO community.

EDIT:
After his exchange with Sonicfox, S1mple clarified in a Twitlonger, as pointed out by EbullientPrism
At the time when I wrote the tweet (https://twitter.com/s1mpleO/status/1071018131722829824) I didn't know that SonicFox is playing 5 different games. I was not quiet clear with what I meant in that tweet, what I really wanted to say is that for me it is really hard to compare these such different games - A shooter and a fighting simulator.

In fightings everything is based only on your own skill, you don't need to depend on your teammates as you are the only one who plays against the enemy. While in CS you need to include the aspect of team composition. You can be insanely good at the game itself, but it will never let you win anything if you can't find a good team chemistry, good team mind set. Psychology is an important part in building up a team, CS can be compared to most of the traditional sports (Soccer, Basketball and so on) if we are talking about building up a team.

So overall I do not think it is the right way to compare these games, in each game there is something unique that can not be just easily compared to another. SonicFox totally deserved this award since he made a lot of effort in order to win so much and not only in one game but several of them. Anyone who was nominated for this award completely deserves to be on the list and I hope that we will "meet" in this competition once more in the next year đź’Ş

Last edited:

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the 5 games?

DBZ
Mortal Kombat

Injustice?

Like I'm pretty sure if you haven't heard of 1/5 you literally live in a cave with no internet or connection to the outside world.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the 5 games?

DBZ
Mortal Kombat

Injustice?

Like I'm pretty sure if you haven't heard of 1/5 you literally live in a cave with no internet or connection to the outside world.
He's been a top player or the best player in the following,

DoA
Skull Girls
MK9 and 10
Injustice 1 and 2
Marvel Infinite
DBFZ

I'm probably missing some and some of those have a pretty competitive player base.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The dick measuring contest of which esports game takes more "skill" than others will always be the lamest shit.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Meh, doesn't seem like there's any bad blood between the guys. So hopefully internet doesn't stir up some huge drama from it. Just don't do it gaming community, behave yourselves for this once.

OP
OP
sephi22

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are the 5 games?

DBZ
Mortal Kombat

Injustice?

Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Dragonball Fighterz, Skullgirls are the top 5 games Sonicfox is known for.
He's also dabbled in others like Soul Calibur 6 but he rules over Skullgirls and the NRS community. DBFZ and DoA he's at a top level but there are others who are as good.

OP
OP
sephi22

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is that tweet even salty?
Started with a compliment, ended with "But CSGO is team game, there is more things to practice individually and with a team, this game is more harder and interesting ". Seems like he feels while Sonicfox's accomplishment is good, he's accomplished more since 'his game' is harder. Dunno seems pretty salty to me.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a lot more tame than I expected from s1mple.

Also SonicFox wins, maybe if you showed up in the grand finals of a major you wouldn't lose esports player of the year

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
MK9 and X
Injustice 1 and 2
MvCI
Skullgirls
DBFZ
Soulcalibur
DOA

The guy is a fighting game beast. He's either the top player or top 7 in each of the games listed. Well damn deserved.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Initial tweet seems fairly tame, especially since he's congratulating the guy. Those comments are hilarious though, "low competitive playerbase" in dbzf hahahahaha. Just salt and ignorance.

OP
OP
sephi22

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie the grandma one actually cracked me up.

Initial tweet seems fairly tame, especially since he's congratulating the guy. Those comments are hilarious though, "low competitive playerbase" in dbzf hahahahaha. Just salt and ignorance.
How is it any different from "Taylor Swift I'm really happy for you but Beyonce had the best music video of all time?"

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
How is that tweet even salty?

The only way you don't read that tweet as salty is if you don't understand what salty means. He's straight up undermining SonicFox's skill because he mad another sport is getting shine than his.

How is it any different from "Taylor Swift I'm really happy for you but Beyonce had the best music video of all time?"

I'm very curious why you think this is even remotely relevant.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make this thread but was hoping for a more interesting discussion. Instead of just trying to call this guy out on being salty, which feels kind of juvenile to me, discuss whether someone from a non-team game excelling is as valuable as a player who excels with their team and learns all the nuances of a game while working with the dynamics of others.

I'm not sure where I stand on it, personally. Having one person only need to worry about a singular opponent and not having to work with the unique aspects of their teammates feels a bit underwhelming when compared with competitive CS:GO or LoL.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make this thread but was hoping for a more interesting discussion. Instead of just trying to call this guy out on being salty, which feels kind of juvenile to me, discuss whether someone from a non-team game excelling is as valuable as a player who excels with their team and learns all the nuances of a game while working with the dynamics of others.

I'm not sure where I stand on it, personally. Having one person only need to worry about a singular opponent and not having to work with the unique aspects of their teammates feels a bit underwhelming when compared with competitive CS:GO or LoL.
Apply this to traditional sports: does that still apply?

You can enjoy watching or playing team games more than individual ones. But solo game are by no means easier to excel at at than team games.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

Dont tweet dumb shit though. Life isn't as hard as some people make it seem. No rational adult would read that and think "Stop at the congratulations kid".

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7a2add73451638e1c8eb8a617f7a58228bfaa041017bf0c13b50871c27f54f92.jpg

OP
OP
sephi22

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very curious why you think this is even remotely relevant.
"Sonicfox I'm really happy for you but CSGO is the hardest, most interesting game of all time."
Does that answer your question?

While this discussion is worth having, it'd be a hypothetical here. Someone else in this thread mentioned that S1mple doesn't even reach grand finals in CS:GO that often.
Meanwhile Sonicfox dominates in multiple games.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
"Sonicfox I'm really happy for you but CSGO is the hardest, most interesting game of all time."
Does that answer your question?

But why do you think that it's an excuse? Like, it's 2018. Everybody already agrees Kanye is an asshole. You putting it out there like we can't get mad at CSGO dude because Kanye did the same thing, and I'm just really wondering why.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I hope everyone knows he's not a native english speaker and his english isn't good.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone knows he's not a native english speaker and his english isn't good.

LOL Era dont care.

Here is a Twitlonger he posted later -

At the time when I wrote the tweet (https://twitter.com/s1mpleO/status/1071018131722829824) I didn't know that SonicFox is playing 5 different games. I was not quiet clear with what I meant in that tweet, what I really wanted to say is that for me it is really hard to compare these such different games - A shooter and a fighting simulator.

In fightings everything is based only on your own skill, you don't need to depend on your teammates as you are the only one who plays against the enemy. While in CS you need to include the aspect of team composition. You can be insanely good at the game itself, but it will never let you win anything if you can't find a good team chemistry, good team mind set. Psychology is an important part in building up a team, CS can be compared to most of the traditional sports (Soccer, Basketball and so on) if we are talking about building up a team.

So overall I do not think it is the right way to compare these games, in each game there is something unique that can not be just easily compared to another. SonicFox totally deserved this award since he made a lot of effort in order to win so much and not only in one game but several of them. Anyone who was nominated for this award completely deserves to be on the list and I hope that we will "meet" in this competition once more in the next year đź’Ş

OP
OP
sephi22

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But why do you think that it's an excuse? Like, it's 2018. Everybody already agrees Kanye is an asshole. You putting it out there like we can't get mad at CSGO dude because Kanye did the same thing, and I'm just really wondering why.
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm the OP. My thread title calls the dude salty. I'm not sure where you're getting this from.
The person I quoted was calling S1mple's post tame. I countered by saying it was as corny as Kanye's salty stage antic.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ib4 the lock. Stop trying to cause outrage.

Oct 25, 2017
Calling a fighting game a "just mash buttons" game is the same as calling a shooter "just point your mouse and click on the head"

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fighting games have had a competitive scene for well over twenty years. CS:GO needs to show some respect.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
LOL at these people acting like fighting games are just mashing random buttons. You can make the same reductive statements about CSGO, "duh you just move your mouse and click on people's heads. ezpz"

Both games are great and have their nuances. No need to be dicks.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Conversely, with team games you can have your teammates pick up the slack if you're having a bad game or aren't quite as skilled as the rest.

In fighting games? No one to lean on.

Something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.