• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Wasn't a fan of this kind of music they shown prior – it was okay. This song is good, though.

I know this is about Samurai, but I hope I'll hear some tracks more alike Ruiner's soundtrack. That shit is dope.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Is this going to be in every CDPR thread? What about Ubisoft? EA? Bring your crusade elsewhere
I mean, the mods have explicitly allowed it because it brings awareness to the issues. And it is trans awareness week.

If you think people aren't doing this in those threads too, you are mistaken. But 'whataboutism' is ridiculous.

Where would you rather have people speak up? Where you don't have to see it?

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
Under a month till release! I havnt been this excited for a game ever, hopefully no more delays...

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the mods have explicitly allowed it because it brings awareness to the issues. And it is trans awareness week.

If you think people aren't doing this in those threads too, you are mistaken. But 'whataboutism' is ridiculous.

If you want to do something productive and useful link to the Big thread on the topic of its problematic nature. Random shitposting of Ewwww etc. Acomplishes nothing at all. and thats exactly what it is Shitposting.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada

It derails threads. I think we've covered it numerous times already, this is more akin to a drive-by post. I'm not replying in the OT of Valhalla about misogyny at Ubisoft. There's a place and time for every discussion.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
If you want to do something productive and useful link to the Big thread on the topic of its problematic nature. Random shitposting of Ewwww etc. Acomplishes nothing at all. and thats exactly what it is Shitposting.
Gladly :3
CDPR is transphobic. And I will gladly continue to post this in every thread about them.

Phantom but doesn't that imply "I think we've discussed this enough already"? Is this not still a valid place to post this? I would consider the Valhalla ot a valid place to discuss Ubisoft as well, as it is a flagship title for the company.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It derails threads. I think we've covered it numerous times already, this is more aking to a drive-by post. I'm not replying in the OT of Valhalla about misogyny at Ubisoft. There's a place and time for every discussion.
You don't get to tell others about this, actually.

Stop.

No. That original post calling them out was more than fair.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
AdmiredImpressiveJohndory-max-1mb.gif

I've been off CP2077 news for a while, avoiding last 2 or 3 gameplays and night wires, but I couldn't resist when I saw Refused in the title.

Fire track.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for that. This is the way to do it. It Educates and doesn't derail for the sake of just derailing. That thread really should be uptop as you said it is Trans Awareness week.
Again, stop tone policing that. It is more than fair to simply call out their shit transphobia.

anapestic

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 2, 2020
LOL, another whatabout.

I don't care to consume media that is associated with a studio who has routinely failed to address the concerns and signal boosts transphobia as much as a thirsty person drinks water.
Actually, you got me. Enjoy your internet points. I'd still argue for you to point out the transphobia in the song, though.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Really proud of the people who continue to bring up how transphobic this game is. Likewise proud of ResetEra for allowing it and taking a stand.

If you care about trans lives, or labor you should not buy this game. Honestly I was kind of disappointed that Killer Mike did a song for this game, considering he is normally outspoken about leftist politics.

Fuck Cyberpunk 2077 and fuck CDPR.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
The idea is your trying to educate people. So educate people.
The biggest problem with that is that for so long the burden of educating people has been forced on us. Kyuuji has put a ton of work into these threads, and I and others have done a lot to raise awareness. At some point, people should be able to educate themselves through viewing the materials we have already provided.

Having trans people carry the burden of education perpetually is not healthy long term.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (permanent): inflammatory whataboutism around transphobia, long list of prior infractions
Really proud of the people who continue to bring up how transphobic this game is. Likewise proud of ResetEra for allowing it and taking a stand.

If you care about trans lives, or labor you should not buy this game. Honestly I was kind of disappointed that Killer Mike did a song for this game, considering he is normally outspoken about leftist politics.

We shouldn't be buying any games. Sexism, Racism, Transphobia. Every major company is guilty of discrimination. If you care about trans lives, women, people of colour...you shouldn't be buying any games full stop honestly.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Whataboutism, dismissing concerns about transphobia. Account in junior phase

I will buy. I appreciate arts and games.

EDIT: you shouldnt buy the consoles, iPhone, etc, they are all made with slave labor in china

Btw nice song.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, you got me. Enjoy your internet points. I'd still argue for you to point out the transphobia in the song, though.
It's not about Internet points.

It's legitimate anger at the fact a company who holds such influence over a space that is rife with transphobia continuously makes transphobic actions and helps normalise bigotry within that space with their dismial of concerns and failure to grow.

And that's a diplomatic take on what they're doing.

And the fact we get "stop bringing this shit up" just shows how little so many people here care.

We shouldn't be buying any games. Sexism, Racism, Transphobia. Every major company is guilty of discrimination. If you care about trans lives, women, people of colour...you shouldn't be buying any games full stop honestly.
No.

CDPR have a clear history of blatant transphobia. There is a clear difference and we don't need your dismissive whataboutism.

Oct 29, 2017
I will buy. I appreciate arts and games.

EDIT: you shouldnt buy the consoles, iPhone, etc, they are all made with slave labor in china

Btw nice song.

It's kind of funny to me how "games as art" has become a shield for indefensible politics and poor labor practices. If you consider most AAA titles as "art" you also probably think the label on your mountain dew bottle is art. I'm sorry, but that's basically where I stand at this point. Now that I'm in my 30s I've been playing games less and less because the practices of the videogame industry continue to be reactionary and largely predatory. These same politics are largely mirrored by the consumers that play videogames.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please use one of the other existing Cyberpunk threads for minor news updates, this thread is closed to further replies. We will be reviewing the posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.