• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I haven't played cyberpunk since launch. Is this a good time to jump back in?

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of the most immersive, graphically and sonically impressive (with a fantastic next gen patch) games I've played.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the revenue numbers look like. The game has perpetually been on sale the past 6-7 months.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think they should have held off on console versions until now. Ps5 version is great. I think people undersell how cool the actual content of the game is too. Fun stuff.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Devil's Advocate here... I think they're deserved. Take out the bugs, and the game is pretty great and ejoyable. Was easilly my fav game of 2020. Knowing CD Projekt has a reputation to repair, they can pull a No Man's Sky or closer, till the game is even better than what they promised.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Waiting for the flood of transphobes in this topic bragging that this proves the "haters" wrong or some shit.

edit

Didn't even have to wait.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I played it after the next gen patch recently, it was… fine. Boring open world, average combat, pretty good writing. Definitely would not want to pay full price.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Currently playing on PS5 and after waiting for the current gen patch, it's very impressive. I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

Rabbit Clock

Oct 25, 2017
Devil's Advocate here... I think they're deserved. Take out the bugs, and the game is pretty great and ejoyable. Was easilly my fav game of 2020. Knowing CD Projekt has a reputation to repair, they can pull a No Man's Sky or closer, till the game is even better than what they promised.
I agree. Another year of development and the conversation around this game would be completely different.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Great game marred by an absolute shitshow of decision making by CDPR

rude

Oct 25, 2017
cyberpunk is great if you go into it treating it like an extremely linear, story-driven RPG instead of the GTA-like it was advertised as (not an excuse, I understand why people are still mad about that). some of the most memorable characters in gaming i'd say.

d35f0b636224154d01cfe6717fa820b68cebb4e8.gifv

Dec 23, 2017
I took two days off work to play this at launch, and came away pretty meh.

It was alright, definitely not what was advertised.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Due to the failed launch, I was able to get a full refund for my physical copy which they ultimately never made me send back. I'm curious if that number is minus refunded copies or how that all plays into their tabulation. Haven't played it yet.. but maybe after Elden Ring.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
It's graphically impressive. Everything else I can think of about it is bog-standard.
That's how I felt. World was awesome and beautiful to look at but the gameplay got stale quick. The story was good but I would say overall the game was a 8/10. Not bad at all but not the messiah most thought it would be even if bugs wernt so prominent

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played cyberpunk since launch. Is this a good time to jump back in?
If you have a PS5/Series X, absolutely.

cyberpunk is great if you go into it treating it like an extremely linear, story-driven RPG instead of the GTA-like it was advertised as (not an excuse, I understand why people are still mad about that). some of the most memorable characters in gaming i'd say.
d35f0b636224154d01cfe6717fa820b68cebb4e8.gifv
Judy - great character.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Was ready to Day 1 full-price purchase this game until all of the unacceptable mess came out about it.

Got it used when the next-gen patch came out and, although I'm enjoying it and am impressed by what CDPR accomplished with it, the stench still lingers.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Due to the failed launch, I was able to get a full refund for my physical copy which they ultimately never made me send back. I'm curious if that number is minus refunded copies or how that all plays into their tabulation. Haven't played it yet.. but maybe after Elden Ring.
Their initial 13 millions number factored in refunds. Have to assume this one does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.