• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

Cyberpunk designer responds to lack of police chases: ‘Elden Ring won’t have them either’ | VGC

Cyberpunk 2077 quest director Pawel Sasko has provided a puzzling response when asked by a fan on a recent live stream as to why the game doesn’t feature police chases.

When asked why the game doesn't feature police chases on a recent live stream, instead opting for police to spawn behind you randomly, the developer pushed back on the idea that "all" open-world games have these encounters, citing some examples.

"I don't think that the Sonic or the Elden Ring open-world game will have it". While some have assumed this was an attempt at a joke, it has not gone down well with fans

pat-mat-pat-a-mat.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sonic has been chased by the cop before, it's the entire opening level of Sonic Adventure 2.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Zelda had it either, so obviously this dude is right. They're practically the same game.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"We couldn't get it to work" is a hilariously honest answer, the Sonic and elden ring statements are ridiculous.

honestly imo if you can't get this working you really shouldn't be releasing an open world game in this vein. Should have just made killing civilians impossible and called it a day.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
'You aren't going to get chased by cops in Elden Ring, so why should you expect it in Cyberpunk'

Lol

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh there are the equivalent of blue sentinels from previous souls games in Elden Ring which are just cops, they might not ride in anything but they'll chase invaders all the same.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
It was probably a joke. No need to make a big deal about it.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He can't even make a joke lol

Oct 25, 2017
I get that it's a joke but why not make the joke on behalf of themselves? At this point, it's no secret the game didn't come out as promised, so make humor of that. I think it would send a much better messaging if they also joined in on a little of the chorus cackle of their fuck up and then say what he meant. Using other games at the expensive the true joke this game is, regardless if it's good natured or not, is always going to come off defensive by audience

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
We're still not allowed new Cyberpunk threads. Might be worth requesting closure and posting the relevant information in the main thread instead.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
From Software believes in ACAB. I mean that much is obvs, hence the lack of their glorification in ER

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
Someone obviously hasn't played or watched Elden ring beta!
I mean the first enemy you encounter in the game is basically a patrolling police, but on horse.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is why devs really don't put themselves out there much cause anything they say gets turned into a headline especially if it's a gotcha moment. It's obvious from watching the clip the guy attempted a joke and that English isn't even his primary language. He's also the quest designer not even a programmer or engineer who would work on these mechanics. It's pretty obvious the Reddit post is edited to fit a narrative.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tbh of all the problems with this game this isn't one to me, police chases in GTA are annoying

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I also remember when Elden Ring was first teased with a cop shootout that became the iconic imagery for that game for years to come. S tier comparison.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Cops don't bother with Sonic because they know they can't catch him. Keep making excuses, dev

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The complete lack of police and car chases is exactly the reason I won't be buying Elden Ring with my hard earned dollars. I refuse to support studios that suffer from Lazy Dev syndrome.

I bet there won't even be a star rating that increases whenever you run over NPCs or shoot them in the face.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Considering all the other things they promised and lied about, "we just gave up on it" is just as laughable of a response

Status
Not open for further replies.