• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I should probably watch the video before making a reaction, but uhh... they got pulled off PSN, the game is mocked throughout the internet, the reviews for consoles are bad, and they are being sued. As far as I know, the only thing they had going for them was the money they made off of preorders.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Imo the best consequences that could happen is a preorder blacklist what CDPR pulled with this games release was disgraceful
I know it's not on PSN but you can still get the game on disk if your really looking for it same with Xbox

they pulled an extremely shady practice with that release especially on base PS4 and therefore should be blacklisted from preorder you can only buy the game on release and not preorder it

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
I should probably watch the video before making a reaction, but uhh... they got pulled off PSN, the game is mocked throughout the internet, the reviews for consoles are bad, and they are being sued. As far as I know, the only thing they had going for them was the money they made off of preorders.
The game being mocked doesn't hurt CDPR the reviews on day 1 were pc only and was very deceiving too many people just look at scores and not the actual review to know that it was a pc review

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
They will feel the consequences once they launch their next game. People will be cautious to pre-order and keep close eye on reviews I think.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Imo the best consequences that could happen is a preorder blacklist what CDPR pulled with this games release was disgraceful
I know it's not on PSN but you can still get the game on disk if your really looking for it same with Xbox

they pulled an extremely shady practice with that release especially on base PS4 and therefore should be blacklisted from preorder you can only buy the game on release and not preorder it

Or people should use common sense before preordering the next CDPR game.

May 19, 2020

brother if they did a preorder blacklist for every developer who released a broken game at launch there would be very few developers left on digital stores. what you're suggesting is not practical at all lol

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
The game being mocked doesn't hurt CDPR the reviews on day 1 were pc only and was very deceiving too many people just look at scores and not the actual review to know that it was a pc review
I know, and that's why they made so much when it launched. But that's the only "good" thing they had. Since then, there have been negative consequences. Their attempt to get some good will back with the "big" updates was also a failure.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
brother if they did a preorder blacklist for every developer who released a broken game at launch there would be very few developers left on digital stores. what you're suggesting is not practical at all lol

cmon this is very different that fact the game was removed suggests this is very different situation compared to most games and anyways a rule like that would instantly mean devs and publishers would get there shit together very quickly.
You can understand multiplayer games buggy launch's but a single player game not acceptable one bit

May 19, 2020
cmon this is very different that fact the game was removed suggests this is very different situation compared to most games and anyways a rule like that would instantly mean devs and publishers would get there shit together very quickly.
You can understand multiplayer games buggy launch's but a single player game not acceptable one bit
assassin's creed unity launched almost as broken as cyberpunk, both single player and multiplayer. people made similar suggestions that platformer holders should "punish" ubisoft. it never happened. methinks you have a short memory

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That would be amazing but unfortunately they would release a "cool" flashy new trailer and the majority people will be blinded again most likely

But anyways your suggestion is something extremly unrealistic I see no platform holder willing to enforce. It's not their duty to punish devs (and in the case of CP2077 Sony alreay went above what they needed to do - not saying it was a bad call, I just didnt expect it).

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I jumped in at random and:

"This whole (meek voice) "But we worked hard on the game!" is the ultimate asking for a participation ribbon. If you spend a hundred hours sculpting a snowman out of a bovine's faecal matter, I don't care how hard you worked on it... you still just have a big pile of bullshit"

Not gonna bother with the rest.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
assassin's creed unity launched almost as broken as cyberpunk, both single player and multiplayer. people made similar suggestions that platformer holders should "punish" ubisoft. it never happened. methinks you have a short memory
Assassins creed unity was nowhere near broken it didn't crash every single hour on PS4,ps5 like cyberpunk it was buggy and glitchy yeah
Why are you defending the preorder option anyways it's such an outdated system that specifically targets people to support a product with no way of knowing if it's good or not meanwhile company reeps the profits IMO cyberpunk is a very unique case and first of its kind in the modern era for digital stores and there should be major consequences

May 19, 2020
Assassins creed unity was nowhere near broken it didn't crash every single hour on PS4,ps5 like cyberpunk it was buggy and glitchy yeah
Why are you defending the preorder option anyways it's such an outdated system that specifically targets people to support a product with no way of knowing if it's good or not
i'm "defending pre-orders" because i'm pointing out no platform holder will actually do what you suggest. ok buddy

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Unity was meme'd and that's it, but nowhere near even the same dimension on how Cyberpunk came out.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
i'm "defending pre-orders" because i'm pointing out no platform holder will actually do what you suggest. ok buddy

it's not impossible I mean the idea of Sony removing cyberpunk from PSN seems crazybut it happened
It's not like I'm saying never bring the game to the digital stores it's literally just make it so people can pay day1 to make informed decisions especially when said company pulled some shady shit to millions of people who parted with there hard earned cash it was shocking what CDPR did

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Professionally they've been demoted : to lie to their customerbase, to try to trick Sony (and PS owners) with refunds, awful working conditions (and lies again), a team of lead creatives and producers who've just dumped a gimped version of GTA Vice City. Now tell me who would like to work for them except juniors looking for an entry experience, when all responsables of this shipwreck are still in charge ?

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
They will feel the consequences once they launch their next game. People will be cautious to pre-order and keep close eye on reviews I think.
its basically this.
good luck trying to hype next game with fake trailers and controlled review footage.
they'll probably go the safest route and do witcher4 because of that. that might help somewhat.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
His comments toward the quest designer (Paweł Sasko) were awful, some real gamer shit.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
The game is laugh upon universally, they got pulled from PSN, what should have been a success was a wet fart... what additional consequences does the video author expect? For the developers to be executed? FFS, is only a media piece.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Additional consequences could manifest themselves in the future too. Like, prior to Cyberpunk, I gave CDPR the benefit of the doubt that their game would be good and purchased it day one at full price. Now they've been busted down to UbiSoft status in my eyes, and I'm not buying squat from them until it's on discount and been extensively fixed. I'm probably not alone.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I wished there were consequences for this shoddy video production, my god. "Here's a cropped screenshot of a website full of text with more text added somewhere next to, over or under it while I am also talking."

I mean, look at this. This is shown on screen for several seconds!
tB9kK02.png

Just...no.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
His comments toward the quest designer (Paweł Sasko) were awful, some real gamer shit.
It just makes sure that my sympathies aren't with the "gamers", but the developers. Who got fucked by the management all the way through the development and release. I know they worked hard, they worked way too hard because of the insane crunch that is unfortunately big part of CD Projekt's culture.

I'm all for calling out CD Projekt the company, their practices in treating their employees, transphobia and dishonesty in release. But this guy is just insufferable and giving him a click makes me much angrier than buying Cyberpunk full price at launch did.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020
I wished there were consequences for this shoddy video production, my god. "Here's a cropped screenshot of a website full of text with more text added somewhere next to, over or under it while I am also talking."

Why even make a video at that point?
if you click on his channel it's all like the most generic clickbait thumbnails you can ask for lol

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Not going to watch this video, but CDPR did get consequences as mentioned above.

- Delisted from PSN
- Panned on console reviews
- Generally has bad word of mouth / memes
- Above severely affect post pre-order sales
- Shareholder lawsuit (s)

This is a game that would have sold for a long time like Witcher 3 did. None of that is going to happen now even if they fix the bugs. In addition sales of their next game, even Witcher 4 are going to be impacted because people will be wary.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Guy sounds like a bit of an arsehole and there have been consequences to its launch which people have already pointed out. It's not really about how well Cyberpunk does anyway it's about what's next and if they can get back the trust that they've clearly lost after all this.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

I mean, look at this. This is shown on screen for several seconds!
tB9kK02.png

Just...no.

It just makes sure that my sympathies aren't with the "gamers", but the developers. Who got fucked by the management all the way through the development and release. I know they worked hard, they worked way too hard because of the insane crunch that is unfortunately big part of CD Projekt's culture.

I'm all for calling out CD Projekt the company, their practices in treating their employees, transphobia and dishonesty in release. But this guy is just insufferable and giving him a click makes me much angrier than buying Cyberpunk full price at launch did.

Guy sounds like a bit of an arsehole

Yeah, I'm sorry I even gave the channel a click.

Thanks, OP.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please see Guide to Resetera on thread creation. Also, we are limiting the number of Cyberpunk threads for good reason, please see OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.