• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019

Mark your calendars! Today Skybound Games and Beamdog announced the release dates and game packs for the upcoming console versions of our Dungeons & Dragons Enhanced Edition titles!
Digital & Physical Release Dates:
Coming Sept 24, 2019 (North America) / Sept 27, 2019 (Rest of the World):
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pack: Celebrating the series' 20th anniversary, the original Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and its sequel, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, return with all DLC and restored quest content, as well as the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion, featuring new original content developed by Beamdog to bridge the two games.
Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition / Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: Two must-play games and all their DLC in one package – the chilling Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, plus its expansions, and the enhanced edition of 1999's RPG of the Year, Planescape: Torment.
Coming Dec 3, 2019 (North America) / Dec 6, 2019 (Rest of the World):
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: The 2002 Computer RPG of the Year and all its DLC deliver 10 standalone D&D-based adventures featuring co-op and online multiplayer.

"It's such a pleasure to celebrate the 20th anniversary of one of the most legendary RPGs of all time, the original Baldur's Gate, as well as the iconic games it inspired, by bringing these special enhanced editions to a new generation of players and platforms," said Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe.

"It's been nearly two decades since Baldur's Gate was born from a D&D campaign between me and the game's co-creators," said Trent Oster, Beamdog CEO. "The longevity of this series and the games that followed has been both humbling and rewarding. Our team is thrilled to continue that tradition by finally making this wealth of amazing storytelling and gameplay available to everyone on modern consoles."

Each game will also be available to purchase for digital download individually upon release through the PlayStation®Store, Xbox Games Store and Nintendo eShop.

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog/baldurs-planescape-neverwinter-console-release

Last edited:

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
That's pretty cool, I'm curious to see how they translate to game pad control, played the crap out of these games on PC back in the day.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Icewind Dale is one of the best gaming memories I have from being a young man! Can't wait to try it on Console.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am interested in all of them, but dear god I pray at least some of them will feature local coop (NWN and BG2 in particular)

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be all in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on gamepad. Hope the support also comes to PC. But if those two games come to Switch as well, I'm playing them there.

edit: oh damn they ARE coming to switch. I'd have to see pricing. That sounds awesome on the go. But if the PC version is just SUPER cheap this summer sale, I'll buy it then. Do we know if they're doing seperate releases, or are they releasing these gamepad supports as a patch/update to current Steam and Gog versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.