• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
www.gry-online.pl

Mafia: Definitive Edition chwalona przez twórcę oryginału | GRYOnline.pl

Mafia: Definitive Edition spotkała się z uznaniem twórcy oryginalnej wersji. Mimo paru niedociągnięć Daniel Vavra jest zadowolony z odświeżenia swojej gry.
The small details that Hangar 13 implemented in the game world were also appreciated. We are talking about the problems of that period discussed on the radio - the Great Crisis (1929-1933), unemployment and related financial problems. Vavra also appreciated the way in which the city was recreated using the technological progress that has occurred over the last dozen or so years.
On the other extreme, there are changes to the game mechanics. There 's too much shooting in Mafia: Definitive Edition . The original was designed with the player killing as few people as possible. The remake focused on a typical shooter from behind covers, which Vavra does not like at all. He also criticizes the new driving model, which in the original version was difficult to master, and in Mafia: Definitive Edition cars do not cause any problems.
The authors of the remake also got for rewriting many dialogues and the most famous quotes. Vavra admits that if he was responsible for the script, he would also rewrite it (he created the original as an inexperienced 23-year-old), but not in the way the writers employed at Hangar 13 did it. The biggest shortcoming of Mafia: Lost Heaven was a lack of time for the game's main antagonist - Morello.
During the broadcast, the production of the original Mafia and its continuation were also discussed . Vavra revealed that his plan was to release Mafia 2 two years after the premiere of the first installment (the game was supposed to run on the same engine). Mafia 3, on the other hand, would be prepared with new-generation consoles in mind. Nothing came out of this plan, because after a conflict with the supervising company 2K Games, the original Mafia 3 scenario was thrown into the trash, and Vavra decided to leave the studio and set up his company.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
It's sad he never got to do 3 himself. Probably would have been a massively different game.

Also, maybe I'm the only one, but I hate the driving because it feels like I slam into every car, mailbox, light post when turning a corner

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad he never got to do 3 himself. Probably would have been a massively different game.

Also, maybe I'm the only one, but I hate the driving because it feels like I slam into every car, mailbox, light post when turning a corner
On the flipside, I'm pretty happy a piece of shit gamergater never got to touch 3. No shit it would have been different.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017

If Daniel Vavra did 3, given the shitty opinions he's felt comfortable sharing and defending during the creation of Kingdom Come, it would have been a far more racist game than what we got.

Don't really see what's sad about that.

Additional details
OP
OP
ivan.k

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
He also talked about Mafia 2 story
The main piece of shit who betrayed Vito and Joe was Carlo Falcone, not Henry, that part of the story was rewritten after Vavra left.

There were 4 endings:
Vito in jail
Vito is dead
Joe is dead
He didn't share info about 4th ending unfortunately

Vavra he is regretting about that sex scene from original Mafia and glad the it was removed from DE and relationship with Sara were shown more.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019

I'm happy, dude fucked over mafia 2 because 2k refused to renew his contract.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meet+daniel+vavra+indie+dev_b74463_5302332.png

CGrTGcfXEAAaMgv.png

Can we finally ban this nazi and his games from this site? thanks. Want more proof? Check his twitter likes and follows

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't speak Polish, so the article is kinda useless for me. The title says he likes the game, but in two of the quotes of the OP he seems to really dislike the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.