• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Yeah, this is my second thread about this guy but you can't deny how funny this is.

The diretor of Suicide Squad went this:

twitter.com

David Ayer on Twitter

“Marvel is pretty smart they account for additional photography in the process. They assemble after principle and then rip it apart again and reshoot. It’s a smart way to structure process. https://t.co/cYZofPeq56”

From this:
www.youtube.com

FUCK MARVEL

What a dude.

Edit: The thread title should've been David "Fuck Marvel" Ayer Acknowledges MCU's Method of Additional Photography

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is he ragging on Marvel for the incredibly common, industry wide practice of performing reshoots?

Oct 27, 2017
Did you actually think he was serious with the whole fuck marvel thing? I think he was having some fun, yeah he was obviously playing into the whole fanboy culture of it but I don't think at any point he legitimately believed that.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It's pretty clear that he shouted 'Fuck Marvel!' in response to someone at the premiere of Suicide Squad shouting it out. Even Marvel admit it was said in the spirit of fun. It may have been childish but it wasn't said in malice.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh. Ok.

people always ask why some can't let go of Justice League or whatever but it's very clearly Comic Book Movie Brand Warz

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
OP thinks the entire world should act like:

1324596542030_7713053.png

He made a heated statement and apologized two days after.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone has a critical opinion of the MCU we should brand them on the forehead so they can never get a job again.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Please continue to protect your favorite brand from the meanies. It's very important. The brand's feeling might get hurt.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
One thing I'm learning to do is not take something that someone said years ago and assume that they still feel the same way. People change, sometimes within the span of a single conversation.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
With the way everyone is responding to the OP, you'd almost think that Ayers was misquoted rather than being a director that actively had a hand in fanning the flames of fanboy wars.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
In other news....

David Ayer continues to be a successful, rich Hollywood player.

His next film sees him return to the Warner Bros lot to direct the remake of The Dirty Dozen.

OP
OP
vaderise

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey

wyndhamprice

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty clear that he shouted 'Fuck Marvel!' in response to someone at the premiere of Suicide Squad shouting it out. Even Marvel admit it was said in the spirit of fun. It may have been childish but it wasn't said in malice.

I was in the room when that happened and this is exactly how it went down. I still can't believe it blew up the way it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.