• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I like it. Give me more. That horde shit in the first vid is some of the more creepy video I've seen yet. Anxiety attacks incoming.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
This is the kinda stuff they should've shown from the beginning, this makes me wanna dive in and experience this world.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really happy the game is finally receiving good press and coverage.

I might not watch the videos, only a month away from my next big fix from Sony.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
If the story is good, they have a winner I believe. Good performances and Sam already makes you like Deacon from the get go.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a lot of great gameplay elements brought together, really looking forward to diving in.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still cautious that this has had some tough development and it might underdeliver.

Then again, I don't expect ND quality.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Apart the first video, I don't see anything special, but I will certainly get it after a price drop, seems fun enough.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Still cautious that this has had some tough development and it might underdeliver.

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm not going in expecting the next Naughty Dog classic. I mean, sometimes you can be surprised by WWS because who knew Guerrilla had HZD in them, but to expect that would be crazy. I'm expecting a fun game with a fun open world gameplay loop, that's where I'm at. If the story is actually good and engaging then that only means the game will exceed my expectations.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does the movement look like it will feel slow for anyone else? Specifically, toward the end of the first video when the player is running and you can't see the horde behind them? It looked like there were two different sprint speeds.. Maybe I'm just going nuts.

I imagine it was probably difficult to balance the feel of fast zombies chasing you without making the player feel like they were running like some kind of superhuman.

Azdoune

Oct 31, 2017
Is it me or there is no 4k video from these preview? 1080p seems really blurry on YT

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
TPP, loot, character progression, open world or semi-open world. Yup, that's a game from Sony allright. Now don't kill me please, I'm not saying they are THE SAME games, just have these similarities. I just wish some of their studios would make something more linear, maybe 1st person. I would love a linear Killzone like K2... I just hope TLOU2 isn't open world.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
TPP, loot, character progression, open world or semi-open world. Yup, that's a game from Sony allright. Now don't kill me please, I'm not saying they are THE SAME games, just have these similarities. I just wish some of their studios would make something more linear, maybe 1st person. I would love a linear Killzone like K2... I just hope TLOU2 isn't open world.
Yeah, there's a lot of trees, too.

Jan 20, 2019

Unfortunaly, unless you are COD FPS have little change to stand out.
Last generation there has 2 franchise of FPS from Sony, if you compare the sales from Killzone and Resistance to HZD and Spider Man, you whould see that is little to no incetive to do FPS games.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

With a vague description like that, you've even got Gravity Rush 2 fitting the bill.

I get wanting more diversity in terms of genre, but the constant reductionist comparisons to make that point are really unnecessary.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
The guns lack impact and the ai doesn't look too hot but the game doesn't look terrible.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know.. this looks so "off" for a Sony game. There is no hit feedback, the character movement looks floaty, the AI is not too bright...

ket

Jul 27, 2018

TLOU2 isnt open world

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Considering the team was less than 60 people when development started and they don't even number 200 staff today should tell people not to expect the same level of polish as Sony's largest and most experienced AAA studios. What they have achieved is crazy impressive but expectations should take things like this into account.

Last edited:

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this Sony game looks like?
I know you love to champion Sony first party, but he listed everything right there - no need to be tone deaf about it. He's right, for a big budget Sony release, this doesn't carry the "ooomph" it's predessecors had, such as Horizon, God of War, and U4.

That said, I'm still really looking forward to it just because I've been such a huge fan of Bend for the last 20 years.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I know you love to champion Sony first party, but he listed everything right there - no need to be tone deaf about it. He's right, for a big budget Sony release, this doesn't carry the "ooomph" it's predessecors had, such as Horizon, God of War, and U4.

That said, I'm still really looking forward to it just because I've been such a huge fan of Bens for the last 20 years.
I am bored of the low key insults truly.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the team was less than 60 people when development started and they OS. even number 200 staff today should tell people not to expect the same level of polish as Sony's largest and most experienced AAA studios. What they have achieved is crazy impressive but expectations should take things like this into account.
Heck most of Sony games not doing at much as them on this wide scale.

Its really amazing that it all finally came together for them.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
For more I see this game for less I want to play.

Ai and animations looks really bad this game will suffer with reviews.

Hope Bend have another chance after that with a bigger staff now.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That said, I'm still really looking forward to it just because I've been such a huge fan of Bend for the last 20 years.

Bend is nowhere near the size of the other Sony AAA studios and has nowhere near the experience in making modern AAA games. People expecting them to compete on the same level with no comparable quality differences with the best in the business on their first AAA attempt are instantly setting themselves up for disappointment.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit that I didn't expect the shooting to be the thing I found the least interesting in a Sony Bend game. Everything else looks a lot more fun. I'll agree that I wish it had more impact, somehow.

Sidenote: I had no idea that they developed Bubsy 3D. I kind of wish developers/publishers could joke around with stuff like that. Imagine the impact of something like, "Days Gone, brought to you by the makers of Bubsy 3D".

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the team was less than 60 people when development started and they OS. even number 200 staff today should tell people not to expect the same level of polish as Sony's largest and most experienced AAA studios. What they have achieved is crazy impressive but expectations should take things like this into account.

True, but we are where we are with open world/third person action games. Expectations are high for gameplay and story.

Status
Not open for further replies.