• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
store.steampowered.com

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT on Steam

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes a genre-defying experience, now expanded in this definitive DIRECTOR’S CUT. As Sam Bridges, your mission is to deliver hope to humanity by connecting the last survivors of a decimated America. Can you reunite the shattered world, one step at a time?

Oct 25, 2017
This offers a lot less of an upgrade than the PS4 to PS5 version, so I'm curious what they'll do for upgrade pricing. We already could do ultrawide and high frame rate on the original PC release.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
I love the game and would gladly do a second playthrough but only if there's an upgrade path.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Hopefully there's a very reasonable upgrade path price as others have said, the jump from the PC version to this is far less significant than the PS4/Pro->PS5.

There are definitely quite a bit of changes though, as I noted in another thread the TAA is significantly improved and contrast adjusted in many scenes, as well as landscape orientation being heavily adjusted in some spots. I'm mostly curious to see if they improved the engine, there's a persistent microstutterring issue on some rigs that was never resolved with the original and prevented me from enjoying it on the PC until I got the DC on the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.