• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
kohei-hirose-1.jpg

Poverty OT cause apparently there were none.

Ps5 features :

- Solid Dual Sense implementation (the very beginning is "annoying" on purpose, stick with it, it will make sense !)
- Instant load times
- Increased visual quality and 60 FPS
- Quality of life additions, tools, weapons, and Terrain updates.

Optimal settings :

- Widescreen ON + Quality mode = 60 fps lock, greater FOV, max resolution (highly recommend, it makes everything look like a photo mode screenshot but ingame)

k2Y9ZIQ.png

6Se1dp7.png

ktT4gZQ.png

BUvfcja.png

- Widescreen OFF + Performance mode = 60 fps lock, classic FOV, full screen, dynamic res

LAUNCH TRAILER :

10 dollars upgrade to get the DELUXE DC edition, for all existing owners of the ps4 version.

*** NO OPEN SPOILERS REGARDING STORY AND LATE TOOLS UNLOCK ***

AJUK

May 28, 2019
I'm really looking forward to this. Almost bought it about a dozen times but held fast for the PS5 upgrade and it looks like I was rewarded for my patience.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesTonight, Tonight, Tonight · Low RoarLow Roar℗ 2014 Tonequake RecordsReleased on: 2014-08-05Music Publisher: Bro...

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
This is going to be fun, considering I haven't touched the game in about 18 months and completely forgot what I'm supposed to do and how I'm supposed to do it.

...maybe I should start a new game.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So can PS4 owners do anything to preload now or are we stuck waiting for midnight?

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
If Kojima makes a game about aliens subjugating humanity, everyone start their doomsday preparations immediately. Man is a prophet.

Edit: Also, just booting into the PS4 version today to get my save uploaded made me realize I am definitely not picking this up from my endgame save to play the new content. Will definitely need a new save to remember all of the mechanics lol.

Oct 25, 2017
really looking forward to building up roads and zip-line networks all over again -- i really need a good chill out and listen to podcasts game at the moment.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
If Kojima makes a game about aliens subjegating humanity, everyone start their doomsday preparations immediately. Man is a prophet.
it's the team. one of the best aspects to his directorial style is encouraging his team to bring ideas forward/put themselves into the project like he does. makes everything they touch gold in the end.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be fun, considering I haven't touched the game in about 18 months and completely forgot what I'm supposed to do and how I'm supposed to do it.

...maybe I should start a new game.

I'm on the exact boat lol. I kinda like the stuff I have now but I also feel like I should just start over anyway.

Dec 11, 2017
Been waiting to play this for ages. I've had a few performance issues with Deathloop, so excited to dive into this now while I wait for a patch.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I really really wanted to play this game offline: conquer the countryside, blaze my own trail.

But the constant, incessant, theme of togetherness made it feel weird to cut myself off. Instead I just worked for likes.

I build one bridge that was worth a shit. Most of my likes came from the American heartland highways.

OP
OP
Slaythe

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
it's the team. one of the best aspects to his directorial style is encouraging his team to bring ideas forward/put themselves into the project like he does. makes everything they touch gold in the end.

I think he meant that so much of the themes and concept of DS was so strange and "out there" and then the pandemic hit us and it feels so relevant and ... prescient.

So he's saying if he makes an Alien game we have to prepare for a literal invasion.

I really really wanted to play this game offline: conquer the countryside, blaze my own trail.

But the constant, incessant, theme of togetherness made it feel weird to cut myself off. Instead I just worked for likes.

I build one bridge that was worth a shit. Most of my likes came from the American heartland highways.

Wow this game played alone must be really .... daunting.

I like how much a little shitty random item left by somebody makes such a difference and also make it feel like you're not really alone.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Wow this game played alone must be really .... daunting.

I like how much a little shitty random item left by somebody makes such a difference and also make it feel like you're not really alone.

I practically made my own game of delivering locker packages to that old dude on top of the mountain.

It was like: these jabronis don't know how to scale this mountain but I figured it out.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So you can upgrade the game from PS4 to PS5 with a fee? This is great. Because after seeing what's new in the game from IGN video and now that monster Energy drinks were removed on PS5 due to licensing, now I want to get both PS4 and PS5 versions. The thing now is the PS4 version of the game is only Deluxe Edition. I searched in the store but there is no item called upgrade from PS4 to PS5 deluxe edition. Where does this happen? In the game itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.