• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
We all knew that Death Stranding is going to be visually fantastic but i did not expect this much fidelity out of a ~1.8 GCN tflops box! this shit looks almost like the UE4's Rebirth tech demo which was running on a 1080Ti desktop class GPU! wow just incredible!

unknown.png

xfmmsSw.jpg

EIRZHmoXUAM9LKw

EIRZHmvX0AA9wRc

EIRZHmuW4AUixUD

Rebirth Tech Demo:
eoin-o-broin-still-carreveal.jpg

rebirth-quixel.jpg

Here is a fantastic tech breakdown by DF (Dark1x) about the mind-blowing fidelity and details of this game!

Can you imagine Decima on PS5?! my body is not ready!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Going to check it out for myself.

Not watching any new footage.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Obviously it is not on the same level technically that goes without saying. That being said the visual similarities are there and you could confuse one for the other if you didn't know what was what.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a good looking game before (and really loved the aesthetic of HZD) but John's DF video really showcases just how amazing it truly is.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I can see the resemblence. Considering this is a current gen game maybe we will get close to the Rebirth demo on something targetting next gen! Certainly in terms of terrain geometry this is quite a way ahead of any game I have played this gen, including RDR2. That game has comparatively basic rock geometry for example, with great texturing.

It looks good, but I'm replaying RDR2 right now (base PS4) and............yeah.

Just completed that on pro a month back. This looks at least as impressive to me, probably more so.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see the resemblence. Considering this is a current gen game maybe we will get close to the Rebirth demo on something targetting next gen! Certainly in terms of terrain geometry this is quite a way ahead of any game I have played this gen, including RDR2. That game has comparatively basic rock geometry for example, with great texturing.

Just completed that on pro a month back. This looks at least as impressive to me, probably more so.
You sure you weren't playing Red Dead Redemption 1?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
You sure you weren't playing Red Dead Redemption 1?

No. It is pretty obvious as well. The cliffs and a lot of the larger scale landscape geometry is comparatively simple to what is shown here. I say comparatively, I still the that game is super consistent and has amazing draw distance and density of objects. But there are a lot of areas that could be improved upon, landscape rendering being one.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
They did a good job with crappy Jaguar CPU and 6 years old 1.8GCN Teraflops GPU.

I cant wait to see what can they do with powerful Ryzen and 10+ GCN Teraflops.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
handy way to tell the difference: the Rebirth tech demo has anisotropic filtering

(mostly joking; they're definitely very aesthetically similar yes, and the engine is busting out some really impressive visuals for this generation of console hardware for sure. agreed with all of the posts saying Horizon 2 is going to look absolutely nuts)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely do not think so OP..

The art work, lod and obvious care in DS is very good and makes up for the shortcomings of the systems power, but everything else is about as expected. Aliasing is also super noticeable.

Rebirth images you are showing has IQ and fidelity far beyond.

Nov 2, 2017
That's what they call diminishing returns: when 10x the GPU power delivers slightly better graphics. Though I'd say there's till a decent gap between the two. On a technical level it's probably not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.