• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Correct.

A random vote is something different. It produces conversation pretty easily because it's not based on anything, it creates dissent from players who think it's weird and potentially suspicious because it's different and that sort of discussion ping pongs to other things that might be more substantial; probably not, but it makes D1 a bit more interesting at the very least without doing anything brash.
But it's noise about how blah blah blah d1 is useless rng votes conversation for the sake of conversation which literally helps no one except possibly scum since it distracts from anything actually useful, which is why this is the last thing I'm gonna say about it. It's lazy at best and anti-town at worst. And here, worse yet, your internal logic throughout these posts is inconsistent because you're saying d1 votes only matter later... and rng votes just create noise that interferes with analysis of "real" votes.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda assumed Gorlak's posts were more of an aside at you Dr. Monkey, that people ran with a bit too hard, but I didn't really notice that both times they were quick to actually try and use numbers with both their posts, maybe they were trying to start that kind of conversation early in earnest?

i haven't been reading all that many mafia games recently so i wouldn't know for sure
Maybe. It's kind of why I'd like to see Gorlak comment on it again, maybe with the benefit of a little distance/time in between.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
But it's noise about how blah blah blah d1 is useless rng votes conversation for the sake of conversation which literally helps no one except possibly scum since it distracts from anything actually useful, which is why this is the last thing I'm gonna say about it. It's lazy at best and anti-town at worst. And here, worse yet, your internal logic throughout these posts is inconsistent because you're saying d1 votes only matter later... and rng votes just create noise that interferes with analysis of "real" votes.
I never said D1 votes matter. I said D1 interactions matter after scum flips later on down the road. Those are two entirely different things, why are you putting words into my mouth.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The "I don't think you're serious here" really sticks out to me - because again, I have no comment on numbers. Yes, underestimating scum numbers has bitten us before but no one's arguing that. It feels like a nudge toward narrative creation. I can't be serious or not about that since I never talked about it, but it's a push toward "Monkey is trying to deflect" when I'm all saying is we don't know anything about scum powers.
I do agree there for sure, it's what got me thinking that he came off as a bit overly defensive over that post. Like he didn't want to be scrutinized over that part of it, so as you said, he tried to turn it into a thing about you instead.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I never said D1 votes matter. I said D1 interactions matter after scum flips later on down the road. Those are two entirely different things, why are you putting words into my mouth.
Okay, fair, I suppose I took it as being the same. I still hold that it's noise, though.

I entirely disagree on d1 interactions not mattering until later but that's a game philosophy and we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, fair, I suppose I took it as being the same. I still hold that it's noise, though.

I entirely disagree on d1 interactions not mattering until later but that's a game philosophy and we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
I just don't think most mafia players as town are deductive enough that they can ping a scum player on D1 unless the player in question is being blatantly scummy, and even then, you have to take meta into account to make such a call because what mafia player in a vacuum is gonna be scum and act like scum on the first day.

I haven't seen anyone here in other games who has a great track record of getting scum consistently on D1, and so that's fueling my belief that D1 is a crapshoot.

(And I'm fine with a crapshoot, I'm not a proponent of a no lunch on D1 before that gets asked.)

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Middle range poster that would give zero clues if flipped as town, which would make her an ideal target for the N1 kill at a game like this with not much activity.

I always thought that p/i/k objective was to say who you trust, who you are not sure and who you don't. When you are just trying to guess who could be a target for the night it loses it's purpose.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
kUTI2Kv.jpg

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably be heading to bed pretty soon (and hopefully not having nightmares because of that image above) but I'll be up for a little bit still in case anyone is around and wanted to ask me anything.

I'll try my best to get my usual D1 "would/would not vote" list put together in the morning before I go to work.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Protect : Fantomas
Investigate : Monkey
Kill : Gorlak

That kill could really be any number of people, but as I've mentioned before, Fanto currently feels like his usual eager town self. And I'm putting Monkey in the investigate because while it's a good thing that she's trying to steer the conversation away from the number of scum or small things like that, she's Monkey and I'm always wary of her.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Middle range poster that would give zero clues if flipped as town, which would make her an ideal target for the N1 kill at a game like this with not much activity.
I've got one more bigger post to come but while I'm prepping I'm reading back a bit and I gotta echo some of the ??? on this one. I get there are a number of approaches to P/I/K, but I've got questions.

1. Do you think kits is town then? Why?
2. Why her out of the several middle of the road posters who'd give zero clues? Just off the top of my head, we've got several people in there - malus for one, Kopite, Vincent, etc. None of them are likely to top the post counts board - kits, though, might; at times when she gets wound up, she'll post a ton. So why her specifically?
3. So if you're calling this a game without much activity, why do you think scum would remove a middle poster and not a high poster?***

***This is base speculation but you brought it up and I wanna hear more.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've got one more bigger post to come but while I'm prepping I'm reading back a bit and I gotta echo some of the ??? on this one. I get there are a number of approaches to P/I/K, but I've got questions.

2. Why her out of the several middle of the road posters who'd give zero clues? Just off the top of my head, we've got several people in there - malus for one, Kopite, Vincent, etc. None of them are likely to top the post counts board - kits, though, might; at times when she gets wound up, she'll post a ton. So why her specifically?
3. So if you're calling this a game without much activity, why do you think scum would remove a middle poster and not a high poster?***

These are all great questions. The thing that stuck out to me about that answer was just the general Scum logic, which just kind of struck me as odd since I don't usually think that way, except when I was Scum lol.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll add in to say that Maol's take on D1 is counter productive at best. There can be some discussion from a RNG vote, but I just don't see how a random vote can be better than a normal ass read followed by a vote. Town can lie too, but what's the point in ofuscating something so base like a D1 vote?

Anyway, based on my precarious meta read on Maol after being scum together on HvV2, I'd be worried if Maol had actually half heartedly commited to a vote this early.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That being said I'm comfortable with where my vote is at right now and having that be there at Day end.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Am I high or did Fandorin pop in, completely ignore my questions (and other folks' posts to him) and then pop right back out? Is there a lot of that going around this game or am I losing my mind?

giphy.gif

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My hottest take at the moment is that Turmoil and Fandorin are Scum together. Fando has been playing some defense for Turmoil and gives me a "How do you do, fellow Town?" kind of vibe that I was somewhat getting from him in HvV2, while Turmoil gives off an illusion of high activity but it's actually pretty surface level stuff and he hasn't been giving many convincing arguments to go along with his opinions so far, and like Monkey has said, he's being slippery and avoiding a decent number of questions.

I also don't think Turmoil actually believes what he is saying here, because Mao has clearly just been talking about D1:
I'll be honest that I'm probably biased since I really enjoy turmoil's playstyle and I've never had the chance to play with him again since he carried the hell out of me on my first mafia in here.

I always thought that p/i/k objective was to say who you trust, who you are not sure and who you don't. When you are just trying to guess who could be a target for the night it loses it's purpose.
Huh, I guess I never really saw it as a main reads thing - I always answered it thinking like a town PR would. That way actual town PRs can eventually get some insight from the rest of the thread without having to out themselves.

1. Not my biggest town read, but don't see anything suspicious from her so far. Despite her early fluff she put some pressure on Gorlak that felt sincere. I remember scum! Kitsu being rather sheepish and more reckless at D1.

2. Well, all three players you mentioned go into my "low post range" list, and neither malus nor Vincent posted anything that caught my attention so far. All tha I could remember from Kopite was that early post I quoted (that gave a overly defensive post on get back to in a bit. I don't really have a reason for why I picked Kitsy specifically over the rest though.

3. High posters flips would give more clues and info to talk about so they are harder to fit into a "low info kill".

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fandorin, this is what you're referring to as pressure?
Yeah, those three posts quoted below. The second one especially came right after Gorlak posted and was pretty much aligned with the rest of the thread.
vote: Gorlak

Making a pass at trying to seem more justified than anyone else on D1 with voting reeks of trying to start trains early
Gorlak why are you so defensive
It read as far too trigger happy in my eyes, like he was waiting for a chance to pounce. If that makes sense. I'm dubious of anybody doing that this early in D1.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I keep reading turmoil and I just have questions, really. tl;dr here and then individual quotes/comments behind spoiler tags.

Summary:
turmoil has pushed this idea of some connection between me and Fran (never has there been a more unlikely pairing, tbh) without explaining it over multiple posts. It's just repetition that there is something. What is it? Who knows; it's something, it's fake, whatever. When asked, he has either ignored it or just repeated it. But he hasn't voted there, despite wanting to get people to choose (???), or so he said. Instead he has voted:

Kopite (seeming joke vote)
Fat4all
Maolfunction

Fat4All seemed like a pressure vote of sorts, though not one turmoil particularly followed up on, and Maol seems more like a "real" vote but is also offered as kind of a throwaway. Or rather, it started as a prod vote and then when Maol started his rng stuff, turmoil added to that. It could be timing or it could be an attempt to justify a vote after the fact.

His scum leans are me and Fran, and he scumreads fatdog but moved the vote off. But the scumread is for only posting gifs and jokes.

So I've played scum with turmoil and he sometimes wilds out under pressure, but being a little jagged can be his town MO too, so on the face, some of this could go either way. But trying to seed a particular narrative makes me lean a little more scum, especially since it seemed to arise from a joke and then get justified (not dissimilar from the Maol vote which didn't seem as serious and then it did). It also strikes as not actually scum hunting but really trying to look like scumhunting (see under spoiler for more on this).

I'd like to see competing trains for d1 for the movement but also I feel most strongly about this, so:
vote: turmoil7

To see folks take a side between you and monkey
This is where it started. There were no sides, though.
So who is everyone gonna vote for? I think I will stay on doggo
This was really early and it's classic busywork; lots of people don't vote that early.
That almost no one is interested into making it a thing

It will be something to look back at if one or both tuns out to be scum
But what was the thing in the first place?
Overall your interactions felt faked
I repeat: what interactions, why, etc.
I haven't played/speced a game with scum fandorin but so far his play seems normal so I lean town there.

Ketkat doesn't look suspicious either, lean town

Malus, Kopite, Kalor, I want to see more from, null

Fran, monkey, lean scum, they're planning something sketchy I bet

Fat4all, scum, posting only jokes and GIFs looks like the perfect excuse to avoid explaining ones play later in game
So here's reads, but no prod vote on the nulls, Maol isn't mentioned, Fatdog is the scum read but he moves the vote...?
Nothing has fancied my eyes yet but monkey and Fran

It should be noted than Kopite considered voting for doggo good

Has maol taken any stance so far?

I think I would have more to talk about if people voted a little more, things seems pretty stale and it's the same handful who are moving their votes around the place

vote: maolfunction
Back to me and Fran and then the vote for Maol. Which was followed by:

I don't think it could be phrased in any more non committal way

So do you think she is scum?
So you don't have any insight on any player and will just rng your way through the game, got it
And these are the biggies. turmoil looks like he's questioning Maol, but he's not; he takes the first response, gives a flippant analysis (I think Fantomas was the one who called it out as not believable, and writes it off. So it's not pressure. It's not pushing. It's not questioning. It's taking a small thing and turning it into something else... again. I mean, I don't love Maol's approach here myself but this? This doesn't do anything. This gives you another line to push.

I come out of this thinking scum is a strong possibility.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those three posts quoted below. The second one especially came right after Gorlak posted and was pretty much aligned with the rest of the thread.
Hmm. I dunno what it is this game but your phrasing really strikes me as off (aligned with the rest of the thread???) but I dunno if it means anything.

Thanks for pulling these.

Oct 27, 2017
Good morning,
OT: I had a fight with my gf yesterday after working in my shitty part time job in the evening. A short night of bad sleep followed. So I'm pretty tired. I should probably try to continue working on my thesis now, but mafia is always the little convenient distraction I can never give up on, so whatever. Going to catch up, so bear with me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning,
OT: I had a fight with my gf yesterday after working in my shitty part time job in the evening. A short night of bad sleep followed. So I'm pretty tired. I should probably try to continue working on my thesis now, but mafia is always the little convenient distraction I can never give up on, so whatever. Going to catch up, so bear with me.
Mafia is a good distraction but make sure to take care of you! (if that includes playing the mafia, then heyyyyyy) <3

night, y'all

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks <3

And damn you timezones! I still got page 3 to read and then I'm probably left with talking to myself ...(Is this your life Stan? [I know he's not playing])
Kits is in the same timezone and I'm about an hour or 2 off. I work on shift though (night shift next week yayyy) so if I'm alive then I'll be more active lel

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been busy since the game started but I should be more active today.

Vote: turmoil7

Reading through, Turmoil has felt a bit distant in some of their posts. It may just be because it's day 1 but it feels like acting rather than genuine town play.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, because it was mentioned by two or three people: I ask everyone to not question my time management. I have always given these games as much attention as possible, that's one of the reasons I haven't actively played for almost a year. My schedule is slightly busy and especially towards day end I'll hardly ever be around because I have to get up early. This results in fewer occasions to live discuss with people in the Americas. But Fantomas put it nicely: I'm around, when I can be. So when I drop off the net there is a rl reason behind it.

---
I see some having problems with Mao's "there is nothing of value yet" take. Random vote is okay, a bit troubling that he did it after being called out, but whatever. In previous games it also felt like people didn't want to understand that there can be different approaches. I'll look at him if he isn't giving his insights, but he did give his current state of mind, so I'm not bothered too much right now.

Regarding turmoil7 I'd like to know how much of this:
I haven't played/speced a game with scum fandorin but so far his play seems normal so I lean town there.
Ketkat doesn't look suspicious either, lean town
Malus, Kopite, Kalor, I want to see more from, null
Fran, monkey, lean scum, they're planning something sketchy I bet
Fat4all, scum, posting only jokes and GIFs looks like the perfect excuse to avoid explaining ones play later in game
Was meant seriously, because I get a tongue in cheek vibe here.

I'll answer Monkey's questions next.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, I look forward to Gorlak's return and getting a better handle on all this.
If it wasn't for this post, I'd be more worried about you because it feels like you purposely misrepresent my words.

I don't understand the problem you have. You quoted me, I have said that a 3 scum member team would be individually stronger than a scum team of 4. Which is in and of itself true.

That wasn't the main point of my post though. I wanted to clarify, what we could be up against. Later flips can help us distinguishing which scenario might be true. Establishing that there could be 4 baddies is important to me, as I've already said.

I responded to your objection and addressed it. "Different worlds, different implications" is in regards to powers. If we see a ridiculously powerful scum member flipping, I'm much more inclined to believe there are only 3 baddies.

Your dismissive response made me doubt your intent, that's why the "I don't think your serious here" line came into play. How does my answers not relate to the powers?

3 vs 4 is inherently about the powers.

It looks like we are in entirely different headspheres here. "We don't know anything about scum powers" vs. these scenarios could be at play this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Fantomas I'm not sure how to read this situation, but this feels awful similar to D1 of Brexit 2 where scumFaddy and scumSophia pushed me for something trivial. I at you, because you were there and part of it.

What is your take on monkey here? I see multiple people having problems with me bringing up numbers/useless etc. pp. That's fine. But monkey is pushing that I didn't respond to her and keeps crafting a narrative of me being deflecting when in reality she simply doesn't acknowledge my answer, which I've now given three times. Am I the crazy one here?

Oct 27, 2017
Fandorin I don't understand your take on Kitsunelaine :
1. Not my biggest town read, but don't see anything suspicious from her so far. Despite her early fluff she put some pressure on Gorlak that felt sincere. I remember scum! Kitsu being rather sheepish and more reckless at D1.
How do sheepish and reckless go hand in hand? Aren't these opposed?
I found her entry in the game wild and probably what one could expect from her. Reckless might come to mind? You write them off as fluff, so I might be reading too much into those posts. Her post directed at me afterwards are fine. Furthermore you describe her post "as being aligned with the rest of the thread" which I may be misunderstanding, but could be paraphrased as sheepish? I am interested in your explanation since brought this up as a townread, for me kits is a solid null at this point.

I highlighted Fat4all at that time in particular because while he was joking, he definitely settled in on jumping at the obvious wild posts from kits. Highlighting ominous arsonist allusions etc. I tended to see more than a simple humorous note in there, but since then he has toned it down and provided actual thoughts. Right now I'm feeling okay about him.

Oct 27, 2017
How do people feel about Monkey so far? I think she seems fine, for now, doing her usual thing, leaning on Meta to put reads on me while scrutinizing posts from others.
See above, awaiting your response. Apart from that she definitely tried to direct votes at her gusto at the start. First the turmoil call out, which lead to him unvoting and gathering suspicion and next calling you out. Leading to you moving your vote off of her. Which is all in itself okay, and doesn't has to be done with a scum intention behind it. Especially as I don't think she'd be worried about one vote on her. But she was rather worried about the votes that were placed than a lack of votes.

How about Fran? Nothing sticking out to me too much, questioning people, seems to believe what he is saying so far at least which makes me lean in the town direction early..
Typical null. Fran is playing his game regardless of alignment. I don't see any swing in one direction or the other. The whole Monkey x Fran thing turmoil saw was none existent.

Fandorin? Now that's a tough one, seems kind of like hes struggling to contribute so far but wants to have a presence, not sure if its alignment indicative or not, so not really leaning either way on him yet.
I haven't taken note of him yet, but looking at his posts I also don't see the struggle you mentioned. No idea.

Turmoil? I used to think I could read him good, but I've since been wrong a couple times on him. I do feel like he would try to be more lowkey than this if he was Scum though, but that's just the Meta talking.
Turmoil is still on my suspicious people list. I feel like I can't really grasp where he is coming from. Want to hear more from him.

Kalor what exactly do you mean when you say he feels distant? Rather acting than playing, hm. But he is playing?

Oct 27, 2017
Doggo is a good vote, this may be Era-Meta but I feel Fat4All will be a Blarglike figure in the game who I'd like to get rid of early if no one else is very scummy.
There isn't anything else that I can find in regards to your vote?

Do you still feel the same? Fat4All did stop by and posted some thoughts, do you disagree with them? And others chimed in to tell you he's not a "blarglike" figure, so do you still think it's justified to vote him because of that?

Oct 27, 2017
Protect/Investigate/Kill
Kopite/monkey/Kalor

Picks are somewhat random, I don't see anything malicious from Kopite. Monkey is the one I'm most definitive about. Kalor is always hard to get a grip on, a kill would probably lift the need to break a sweat over him

I feel okay about these:
Mao, Fat, VA, Fantomas

The rest is null, with turmoil at the bottom. But the stake of votes on him make me second guess. I don't like most of the current alternatives as stated above, but second wagon would probably create some movement. mhm

Oct 27, 2017
Meatwad is the low hanging fruit nobody seems to go after? He hasn't contributed anything, lurked the thread ("I was just about to answer, trust me"), third vote on turmoil officially creating a wagon, and was late in line to talk with Mao (after a few others already did). I'd initially thought he's afraid town, but seeing no one bringing it up, could mean: a) scum is satisfied with the current votes, b) meatwad is scum or c) scum is afraid of being more direct in their approach. He fits the easy lynch category, so I'm more leaning towards scenario a) and they wait to lynch him later. But it's definitely something I'll watch.

Other than that Vincent seems to stylishly fly under the radar, one post at the beginning and no contribution whatsoever. Where is your head at Vincent Alexander ?

I'm having trouble finding other good candidates (apart from turm, the two above mentioned are not). The majority is low on post numbers and we won't get a lot of info. We don't have any clear cut cases. Looking at the higher posters, I could see a train forming against Fandorin, but at this point I don't see the justification for it. What's left? For you all I'm an option, but that doesn't clear up anything.

I'm starting to ramble here, can someone please come by

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor what exactly do you mean when you say he feels distant? Rather acting than playing, hm. But he is playing?

I mean that his posts have a feeling of being detached from the game. Like what he's saying doesn't really matter to him because maybe he already knows who scum are.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that his posts have a feeling of being detached from the game. Like what he's saying doesn't really matter to him because maybe he already knows who scum are.
I see. Do you think this is a good lynch?

Do you have any other feelings on the game? Did somebody struck out to you by now? What's your take on Fran in particular, since you answered him before.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I see. Do you think this is a good lynch?

Do you have any other feelings on the game? Did somebody struck out to you by now? What's your take on Fran in particular, since you answered him before.

It's hard to say if it's a good lynch right now. But then that's day 1 generally.

No-one else is sticking out right now, at least enough that I'd vote for them. Fran seems fine, don't really see anything suspicious from them.

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to say if it's a good lynch right now. But then that's day 1 generally.

No-one else is sticking out right now, at least enough that I'd vote for them. Fran seems fine, don't really see anything suspicious from them.
Okay, but nothing? Something must have caught your attention besides turmoil?

What do you make of Mao, who seems to have a similar opinion of the day so far? Is D1 just a drag we have to get through?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
First about my vote, I will move out of maol, I am satisfied with what we got out of him so far, he partaking and a handful of interactions, better than nothing, I don't particularly think he is scum here

Now who to vote for, doggo has had a handful of votes during the day phase and I may not discard going back there of the situation calls for it but I don't want to vote for him again if there is still chance of voting out someone else

So for now I will put money where my mouth is

Vote:Dr. Monkey

Monkey has seemed the most dishonest to me, at first it was a joke acumread about her and fran but her argument about numbers with gorlal felt to me as seeking disagreement where it isn't, and, this will be biased as I know I am town, but joining the wagon against me feels like trying to shut down the day phase and settle the lunchee

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Let's play protect/investigate/kill

Ketkat/kalor/monkey
Fran/Monkey/Mao

Fran struck me as his usual town self butting heads with other players.

Investigating Monkey is never wrong. While I generally like her posts, the same was true in MafiEra.

The kill is honestly a toss up between Mao and Turmoil, but Turmoil already has a sizable lead making me think that Mafia is generally okay with the lunch. Maos stance on the game state is a bit counterproductive, essentially refusing to give any meaningful input.

vote: Maolfunction

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
turmoil7 no need to answer my question, eh? How serious were those reads? Obviously you scum read monkey, what about Fran? Does that stil hold up?
I've been feeling iffy about monkey, fran was just an about there read, I legitimately feel town about fandorin and ketkat, I am not sure about you and fantomas but you both voting for me is what I expect tbf

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning. Busy here for a few hours but at a skim, I feel better about Gorlak, glad to see turmoil actually voting a scumread even if it's me (though dude, there was zero indication the thing you said five times was a joke, if that's what you're trying t do), and would definitely make Kalor my investigate in PIK.

Also some folks melted away, like Vincent. I agree that Meatie's vote was a little sketch. With both Meatie and Kalor, can't tell if they're opportunistic or just not making big arguments. Problem with one early glaring spot and d1, I guess. Will expand on that when I return.

Anyway I have a big chunk of free time after some things this morning so back in a while.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fran/Monkey/Mao

Fran struck me as his usual town self butting heads with other players.

Investigating Monkey is never wrong. While I generally like her posts, the same was true in MafiEra.

The kill is honestly a toss up between Mao and Turmoil, but Turmoil already has a sizable lead making me think that Mafia is generally okay with the lunch. Maos stance on the game state is a bit counterproductive, essentially refusing to give any meaningful input.

vote: Maolfunction
Why between me and maol, when had no votes at the time?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here, but I only have about an hour and a half, so I'm going to catch up quick on the overnight talk and then get my D1 Would/Would Not Vote list put together before I go into work.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I dunno what it is this game but your phrasing really strikes me as off (aligned with the rest of the thread???) but I dunno if it means anything.

Thanks for pulling these.
Fandorin I don't understand your take on Kitsunelaine :

How do sheepish and reckless go hand in hand? Aren't these opposed?
I found her entry in the game wild and probably what one could expect from her. Reckless might come to mind? You write them off as fluff, so I might be reading too much into those posts. Her post directed at me afterwards are fine. Furthermore you describe her post "as being aligned with the rest of the thread" which I may be misunderstanding, but could be paraphrased as sheepish? I am interested in your explanation since brought this up as a townread, for me kits is a solid null at this point.

I highlighted Fat4all at that time in particular because while he was joking, he definitely settled in on jumping at the obvious wild posts from kits. Highlighting ominous arsonist allusions etc. I tended to see more than a simple humorous note in there, but since then he has toned it down and provided actual thoughts. Right now I'm feeling okay about him.
Sorry guys, it was almost 3 AM here when I was posting and I think I was in a rush so I could go to sleep.

My meta read on Kitsu is that she normally posts a lot of fluff, is prone to get into big tunnel reads and can sometimes claim something weird along the way for some chaos. When scum trying to come up with "fake reads" she will try and follow the thread into a low-hanging vote candidate - especially true on D1 when few suspects are around. In this sense, she's "sheepish" regarding votes and main reads and "reckless" on the overall playstyle.

Despite some usual fluff, she seems fairly straightforward so far. At this point I'd normally be side-eyeing her for some weird post, but nothing really caught my attention.

Regarding the early pressure on Gorlak that I felt was sincere and "being aligned with the rest of the thread", I meant that she was the first to call out Gorlak as defensive on post #153, which was something other players like Ketkat, Fantomas and Monkey also pointed out soon after.