• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Kopite
Monkey likely ran interference on the meatwad train D1 to help out scum (as in voting VA when meat got votes and bullshit argument with Mao at the end)
Probably chose Mao because he was townie. So she would avoid nk.
She couldn't have been certain that meat was scum, maybe the whole gambit was to bait Scum into not NK her

Anyway, we have 9 players, most likely 2 scum. The handprint's almost certainly a scum ability so delayed kills might come into the picture

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ah, I missed this post yesterday

Natiko answered and not all roles would get a notification if an action failed. I assume that he will tell players who are getting a result that their action failed (like what Kitsu claimed) and not telling players who don't get a result.

So Meatwad wouldn't receive a notification that his hide failed.

I thought it hadn't been answered yet.

yeah I'll have to rethink that a bit

Oct 27, 2017
Info dump:

mNpReAa.png

I think the most interesting part is still D1 in terms of votes.
Meatwad picked up and me, Fantomas, Monkey said that it isn't a good vote for that day.
VA went and put him in the lead. That is either a really ballsy bus, or he's town and I'm thinking the latter (even if he withdrew that quickly)
Later Fran withdrew his prod vote on Meat and jumped to Mao.
While Fran's claim yesterday makes me lean more townie on him, I can't discard him completely. Especially with the D1 panic.

Oct 27, 2017
Info dump #2:
Top Two Scum overview:

kits: Fran
Fran: Fat4All, Kalor
Monkey: Kalor, Zeke
Malus: Fran, Zeke
Zeke: ...
Fat4all: Monkey
Kopite: Meatwad, Kalor
Kalor: Zeke, Meatwad
Meatwad: Fandorin, Zeke
Fandorin: Meatwad, Kalor/Zeke

Gorlak: Idk at this point, I'm crying. First two days definitely make me feel very bad about Kalor. He picked up now, because he was feeling the heat. *pending current developments... gnah.
For a second place probably Meatwad.
Zeke needed to catch up:
Not liking Fran, meat, or monkey after the read.

Fran sticks out yo me as someone who stokes the flames. Breaking down into discussing game balance with the mao vote seemed scummy too.

Meatwad is just there. seems to be on the edge for a lot of ppl but no real action. Day 1 made me feel like he was saved iirc.

Monkey I don't like how the mao stuff went down and her non answers to things. I don't like how she presented her role either with a red check.

Kalor seems scummy today based on his non answers to me and reasoning for voting me.
All mentions of Meatwad voted there+kits.

Interesting was his fixiation on Fandorin. On the other hand Fandorin ended up on Meatwad all game. I'll reread those interactions.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Meatwad kept bringing Zeke/Vincent up which felt weird at the time but was probably them thinking they were the next mostly likely lynch candidate and trying to push them. Which makes me feel pretty good about Zeke following that vote.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The one time that I don't tunnel Monkey and she is a Neutral!! FUCK. Never again.

One thing I noticed in Meatwad PM is that he could use his ability and make the kill the same night. That makes me think that we have a small scum team. Likely only one more.

BTW, I was handprinted during the night phase.

Oct 27, 2017
Was monkey sure about Meat from the start of D3? She never looked into him, but into all her suspects in relation to meat. And she circled back to voting him without any justification. Was she serious on Kalor or trying to appease scum? What was your fight with monkey about Kitsunelaine, because I blanked out on that one.

unvote

Fat4all Where do you stand now? You avoided taking a stance outside of Monkey all of yesterday.

Oct 27, 2017
How would monkey know meat was scum?
Maybe she felt he was scummy? She was restrained on turmoil first, but took the reigns than and there twice in the opposite direction (VA, than Mao)

Votes on Mao during all of D1 are also interesting, because we have 3 confirmed dead town, 1 neutral, Malus and Fran. Which leads to the question did scum avoid that train completely? I think Fran has a good chance to be scum there. Malus I have to reread, he decided it was between turm or mao pretty early.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, we have 9 players, most likely 2 scum. The handprint's almost certainly a scum ability so delayed kills might come into the picture
I can't follow you here, can you explain a bit?

If I'm scum why do I vote Maol instead of voting Turmoil? I spend a good while saying that Turmoil was my top scum. I could have voted for him easily and settled the lynch.
Turm at 5, you make Mao = 4 and Meat = 3. Putting another townie in between.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Turm at 5, you make Mao = 4 and Meat = 3. Putting another townie in between.

And I could just vote for Turmoil to make it 6/3/3 with only half an hour before day end, pretty much setting the lunch on Turmoil. If I wanted to protect Meatwad why wouldn't I do that? Why would I create a third wagon when I already had justified my vote on Turmoil?

Oct 27, 2017
And I could just vote for Turmoil to make it 6/3/3 with only half an hour before day end, pretty much setting the lunch on Turmoil. If I wanted to protect Meatwad why wouldn't I do that? Why would I create a third wagon when I already had justified my vote on Turmoil?
This isn't witchcraft, you accelerated the upcoming wagon and decelerated a possible partner while another wagon was in the lead on top of that. 5/4/3 is as good as 6/3/3. Turmoil wasn't set, maybe you feared being too obvious, who knows, there could be a million reasons and I could still miss whatever you thought that moment. Voting for Mao over turmoil at that point in time doesn't indicate town alignment to me, especially with the Mao votes coming in quick succession.
Now don't go asking me why you accuse the three of us as scum together, that doesn't make sense in any alignment for you - it does indicate you had the jitters though.

Do you think that none of the Mao voters D1 were scum?

Nothing much I was just trying to better understand the game state. However, if the handprint is a scum ability, wouldn't everyone who got it basically be green checked?
You casually threw in a delayed kill when we don't really have something pointing at that. I want to understand how you got there.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i officially no longer understand this game and am at the point of throwing my hands in the air. anyway, malus isn't the anomaly, if I'm still even bloody well searching for that

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
also if you don't mind, could you list who you've scanned so far this game Kitsunelaine?

im at work right now but later tonight i need to look over yesterday a bit more thoroughly, and I'd like to have those on my mind

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Monkey's role also changed alignments depending on certain roles and that's why we've only had a few people claim role changes

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Can you explain your reasonings behind this?
Because my role can change on it's own, and it only effects the role, not the alignment.

Same happened to Maol when they flipped.

You're just a generic soldier that, well, dies. As the Dying, you will automatically die at the end of Day 4 if you have not died before then. You also have the ability to vote.

Your role has been changed! You are now Hated. It takes one less vote than majority to lynch you.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
There hasn't been anything revealed so far that would indicate alignment changes are a thing, just role changes.

I noticed that Monkey's flip mentioned that they role change could fail, however.

If you attempt to change a player into a role and fail, you may not attempt to use that role again until all other options have been exhausted.

Which makes me think there are roles that can protect or avoid the role change.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Why did we had a no kill night?

We know that Meatwad was a roleblocker so it's unlikely that town have one.

Did Meatwad targeted Gorlak N1? Or the markings are really delayed blocks and Kopite is scum?

I could commute last night so ir wasn't that. If we have a doctor is really likely that his target is town and they saved a kill. I wouldn't claim yet in that case.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever the reason may be, we've gained numbers over anti-town today, and that's good considering how low the numbers were getting.

Does a win condition overwrite an NK?

Did they target Monkey?
That was my intiial thought, but I don't think Monkey wouldn't have been able to be killed if they won the game. If Monkey won the game Yesterday, the wincon would have been posted after the Day end, not after the Night end.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Whatever the reason may be, we've gained numbers over anti-town today, and that's good considering how low the numbers were getting.

That was my intiial thought, but I don't think Monkey wouldn't have been able to be killed if they won the game. If Monkey won the game Yesterday, the wincon would have been posted after the Day end, not after the Night end.
If they targeted monkey, then the nk possibly failed. Kalor said he got his shot refunded wn trying to use an ability on monkey.

Fran you mean you couldn't commute?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
so the current known Monkey targets:

N1 - Maol (hated)
N2 - Kalor (not known, said they got a "shot" refunded)
N3 - Unknown

I'm wondering about this, is there a list or order thing on how night actions are resolved out there somewhere? Fran you'd probably know.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Monkey played that role really good. Completely fooled on this. Congrats on the win!

==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Meatwad (5 votes)
Fandorin - #1,423
Kopite - #1,441
Dr. Monkey - #1,483
Kalor - #1,487
Gorlak - #1,819

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
malus - #1,407

Dr. Monkey (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,652

Fandorin (1 votes)
Meatwad - #1,823

Kalor (1 votes)
Fran - #1,434

Not voting: Fat4all, EzekelRAGE

[/quote]
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Maolfunction (5 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #797
Kalor - #864
Fat4all - #1,027
Kopite - #1,102
Meatwad - #1,165

Meatwad (3 votes)
Fantomas - #1,035
Fandorin - #1,086
Gorlak - #1,173

Fran (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #832

Not voting: Fran, malus, Dr. Monkey, EzekelRAGE
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

turmoil7 (6 votes)
Meatwad - #213
Kalor - #280
Vincent Alexander - #442
Dr. Monkey - #450
malus - #490
Fran - #494

Fran (3 votes)
turmoil7 - #472
Gorlak - #478
Maolfunction - #479

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Ketkat - #449
Fantomas - #458

Fat4all (1 votes)
Kopite - #272

Gorlak (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #109

Meatwad (1 votes)
Fandorin - #364

Not voting: Fat4all

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Does a win condition overwrite an NK?

Did they target Monkey?

I didn't realized that they could have targeted Monkey.

If they targeted monkey, then the nk possibly failed. Kalor said he got his shot refunded wn trying to use an ability on monkey.

Fran you mean you couldn't commute?

Yes. On mobile and autocorrect.

N1 - Maol (hated)
N3 - Unknown

I'm wondering about this, is there a list or order thing on how night actions are resolved out there somewhere? Fran you'd probably know.

I think there Is one on OM. If not maybe mafiascum or mafia universe has one. I think that a wincon goes before the nk but it also would depend of the GM.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i found this list

1. Copy
  2. Hide
  3. Bus Drive
  4. Block
  5. Redirect
  6. Protect
  7. Miscellaneous
  8. Kill
  9. Recruit
  10. Inspect
but I'm not sure if it's accurate, or how win conditions interact with it

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

N1 - Maol (hated)
N3 - Unknown

Unvote

Okay I thought Kalor mentioning a refunded shot was today not Yesterday so

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was today (earlier today), i am curious about it as well
okay yeah

Given that there was no NK tonight, it's entirely possible someone targeted Monkey, and Kalor opening today with revealing that he targeted Monkey it could potentially mean that he's actually lying about getting a shot refunded.