• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
or actually, maybe I'm off base with this

Damn it, I tried to target Monkey last night and got my ability refunded. That explains why, and why Monkey felt off. Though I didn't expect them to be the neutral and be the reason I got my new role.

Also yes, I'm one of the roles on that list.

yo Kalor, did your role get swapped N2 or N3?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Monkey played that role really good. Completely fooled on this. Congrats on the win!
Welp, I suck at quoting but here's the votecount with alignments for analysis.

I'm glad I was right on Meatwad, thought he was already wolfing hard at the end after his fake claim, which surprisingly wasn't really thought out - knowing scum had full fake claims from the start I expected something more elaborate to be honest, I guess like Monkey's lol.

With Monkey as a self-aligned neutral and Meat as a unlimited shots roleblocker, I think it makes sense for only 2 more scum. With Kitsu's claim, I'm leaning that the marker is indeed a scum power that doesn't cause a roleblock.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This depends entirely on Natiko so it can go either way, but I understand that night kills are usually among the last actions in the priority order , like Fat4All's list, and it's possible that scum targeted Monkey and didn't get the kill since she had left the game already.

No one claimed the third role change though, right?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
No one claimed the third role change though, right?
not yet

i wanna see what night Kalor got their role changed, tho

if it was N3 then it's the N2 target we don't know

I'm also wondering if the ability they got refunded was their old role before it got swapped

just wanna nail stuff down

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And people really like to fuck with me this game...
I got a note about a package tonight.
Anyone want to claim this?
I guess I can say that I got one myself on N2.
Nope. Just that I'm a backpack that tetects oddities or something with a Town win con.

I'm starting to wonder if my ability was to detect someone whose role was swapped. :/
A town PR dedicated to finding a neutral non-lethal power seems unlikely. Plus I guess flavor indicates none of that as she was Kojima himself.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not yet

i wanna see what night Kalor got their role changed, tho

if it was N3 then it's the N2 target we don't know

I'm also wondering if the ability they got refunded was their old role before it got swapped

just wanna nail stuff down
Yeah, like Zeke said, he got changed at N2 and used his shot / ability on her on N3. Just by saying that he removed two roles from the list for that matter.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
he got it changed n2, and got the shot refunded from monkey last night.
right, that slipped my mind, found the quote from yesterday

So, I'm conflicted on this because my role changed overnight.

I was vanilla before and the power I got doesn't make sense if they swapped it from scum to town. Unless they thought it was worthless or chose two town to swap between but I guess I don't see scum or anyone being able to swap roles twice in a row. That seems too powerful.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
its not a neurtral power, our neutral has exited.
Oh, I agree with you. I doubt we have another neutral in this. Kitsu still forcing this on the thread is interesting though - just a few minutes before I was considering the possibility that Kitsu fake claimed as a counter for her own marker role, but in this scenario I don't think she would continue this neutral talk by now.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm conflicted on this because my role changed overnight.

I was vanilla before and the power I got doesn't make sense if they swapped it from scum to town. Unless they thought it was worthless or chose two town to swap between but I guess I don't see scum or anyone being able to swap roles twice in a row. That seems too powerful.
Now that we know that Monkey would completely erase your previous role, I want to know if this vanilla claim is actually real?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ust a few minutes before I was considering the possibility that Kitsu fake claimed as a counter for her own marker role
I thought this too, but if there are 2 Scum left and one of them is Kits, there's a chance the other Scum is actually the one marking people.

That way if we ever got suspicious of Kits and lynched her, the Scum marking people would still be safe.

BUT, this is a risky thing for Scum in general to do, because they don't know if there is a role out there designed to find the person marking people, and they could get their claim countered right away.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BUT, this is a risky thing for Scum in general to do, because they don't know if there is a role out there designed to find the person marking people, and they could get their claim countered right away.
Yeah, hadn't thought about this and it's pretty definitive since Kitsu claimed it very early.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Kitsunelaine, is there anyone you feel like has been 'targeting' you during the day? Someone maybe building for a potential argument for lynching you?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kitsunelaine, is there anyone you feel like has been 'targeting' you during the day? Someone maybe building for a potential argument for lynching you?
I would need to reread the game. Closest thing that's coming to mind right now is Gorlak trying to convince people that I was the one who roleblocked him. (He even expressed upset that nobody was buying it.)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Gorlaks vote did hop around a lot D3

before landing on someone who was pretty much set to be lynched

4 mins before EoD

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
yeah I'm not sure I'm feeling all that good about Gorlak

like this post here feels kinda, i dunno, theatrical?

what am I even doing.
so sorry town

Their vote wasn't the one who pushed Meatwad over the line to be lynched, Meat already had the majority and nothing was really challenging that.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
If Scum voted a different train other than Meatwad at the last minute it would look suspicious.

But voting for a Scum that's gonna get lynched anyways, that's strategy (if Gorlak is Scum).

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looking back on that it almost reads as if Gorlak was trying to position himself to take credit for the Meatwad lynch already in progress (the writing was on the wall, he said it himselfand then use that credit to push me for a mislynch today to try and mitigate things

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I was thinking of the argument you both had while I was drunk and Nat stepped in to say "hey lets keep chill".

I think that was D2?

It was a day where I was hammered, but even when I'm drunk I do remember trace things.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of the argument you both had while I was drunk and Nat stepped in to say "hey lets keep chill".

I think that was D2?

It was a day where I was hammered, but even when I'm drunk I do remember trace things.
yeah that was something that happened D2, so Gorlak's been seeding it for two Day phases now and that might explain why I haven't been NK'd. As I said-- I'm more valulable as a late game mislynch. Based on my Mafia history, it's not a bad play in the meta.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Now that we know that Monkey would completely erase your previous role, I want to know if this vanilla claim is actually real?

It is, though no way to prove it at this point.

Also, I couldn't decide to reveal this or not since it could still be useful but the more public information the better at this point. I got the role swap role from Monkey, and tried to use it on Monkey last night because I was wary about them. Then as I mentioned, it got refunded since they won. I get the role of the person I target then they turn vanilla.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is, though no way to prove it at this point.

Also, I couldn't decide to reveal this or not since it could still be useful but the more public information the better at this point. I got the role swap role from Monkey, and tried to use it on Monkey last night because I was wary about them. Then as I mentioned, it got refunded since they won. I get the role of the person I target then they turn vanilla.
If that's the case why wouldn't scum kill you tonight? Monkey gave out pretty valuable roles

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Time to claim:
Some of you have probably already figured it out but I'm the cop that finds evil.
I targeted Monkey night 1 and got "not evil" (Though I find that highly debatable). I heavily hinted at that day 2 when I town read her from the start.

Night 2 I targeted Fran but was informed that my action had failed. I also hinted at that in my first post D3 where I said I did some reading but didn't come away with a strong read. This is also the reason why I started town reading him after he soft claimed commuter. At first I had assumed I was blocked but after Gorlaks claim it was pretty clear what happened.

Last night I targeted Fat4All and got "not evil" as well. As one of the voters on Monkey together with his lacking vote history I thought he might be a good target.

With Monkey turning out a neutral not so weird spooky thing I'm very suspicious of Kits. It looks like the weird spooky is indeed scum, but with me already finding scum that would make Kits role redundant.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Time to claim:
Some of you have probably already figured it out but I'm the cop that finds evil.
I targeted Monkey night 1 and got "not evil" (Though I find that highly debatable). I heavily hinted at that day 2 when I town read her from the start.

Night 2 I targeted Fran but was informed that my action had failed. I also hinted at that in my first post D3 where I said I did some reading but didn't come away with a strong read. This is also the reason why I started town reading him after he soft claimed commuter. At first I had assumed I was blocked but after Gorlaks claim it was pretty clear what happened.

Last night I targeted Fat4All and got "not evil" as well. As one of the voters on Monkey together with his lacking vote history I thought he might be a good target.

With Monkey turning out a neutral not so weird spooky thing I'm very suspicious of Kits. It looks like the weird spooky is indeed scum, but with me already finding scum that would make Kits role redundant.

So do you think Kits is scum? Is she lying about her role? If she was lying, how would she know that there isn't already a similar role?

Also,

malus

Oct 30, 2017
lol, i didn't figure it out

why claim now?
Because it looks like there won't be many more opportunities to claim.

So do you think Kits is scum? Is she lying about her role? If she was lying, how would she know that there isn't already a similar role?

Also,
I find it highly likely that she is lying about her role. She tried to spin it as finding neutrals, which my role clearly doesn't do, but with Monkeys flip it doesn't look like there could be a second neutral.

Oct 27, 2017
Good morning, catching up.
The handprints? We've had arsonist like delayed kill chatter for a bit
Nothing much I was just trying to better understand the game state. However, if the handprint is a scum ability, wouldn't everyone who got it basically be green checked?
Unless there's 2 mafia, 1 evil neutral/arsonist and Monkey?
But why delayed kills? Monkey exiting, Mao dying D4 are already detrimental to town. Monkey giving out Vengeful could be another extra death. The game is already swingy as is, I don't think an arsonist is likely. With three people claiming marked it is definitely not a delayed kill by scum. It looks like it is a scum power though. Most definitely not a green check. If it is just marking what's to stop them from targeting one another?

I was around at the end of the day. I didn't really see the need to vote Meatwad unless some other train tried to get going EoD, so I let it pass without voting.
Why did you unvote Monkey when you did? There was nothing in your post about it and I can't remember any explanation that came later.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Why did you unvote Monkey when you did? There was nothing in your post about it and I can't remember any explanation that came later.
I was going to bed and didn't want to stick to a train before checking in later towards the end of the day.

The unvote wasn't related to the rest of the comment, it's was just when I was going to bed.