• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Malus fakeclaimed cop and cleared Fat4All and soft cleared Fran what was his play here (in regards to the targets), to get Kits killed?

Also if Kits is supposed to find scum how is she still alive? Did Scum think she was just going to keep using it on town read players and that they'd be safe?

Btw who got marked today, was it Fran or Malus?
Well, we were gearing up to a mass claim last phase already. He could also be partners with Kalor and tried to steer the lynch into somewhere else.

Kitsu never getting blocked (and still being up after scum roleblocker got off'd) is weird, yeah. But like I was discussing with Fat4All earlier, do you see scum! Kitsu suddenly fake claiming like she did on D2?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Fran was my prime suspect for a partner with Meat due to D1 votes, but so far no one other than Gorlark commented on that.

I haven't looked at malus' interactions with Meat or Kitsu tho.
Fran was pretty quick to challenge Meat's claim (with some caveats) but Meat was pretty much a goner so that could be Scum Fran trying to get some town cred.

Still Malus (if hes not lying) soft confirmed that Fran's a commuter and a scum commuter is almost unheard off

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Kitsu never getting blocked (and still being up after scum roleblocker got off'd) is weird, yeah. But like I was discussing with Fat4All earlier, do you see scum! Kitsu suddenly fake claiming like she did on D2?

Honestly, yes.

I want to know more about her role because she said some things but there is a lot of holes in that claim.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I said I'm out of words I am out of words. I'm not relitigating that which has already been litigated simply for the sake of being dragged into another argument. Fran's questions are not unique; they have already been answered.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

Writing's on the wall. Remember who said what, Town.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why are you giving up, Elaine?"

--Because I value my time and I'm not stupid enough to run headfirst into several different walls.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Kitsunelaine (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #2,058

Gorlak (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,928 #2,058

Kalor (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,856 #1,860
Kitsunelaine - #1,892 #1,897

Not voting: Fat4all, Kalor, Fran, malus, Gorlak, Kopite, EzekelRAGE, Fandorin

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 60 Kitsunelaine: 32 Gorlak: 26 Fran: 24 EzekelRAGE: 22 Fandorin: 21 Kopite: 19 Kalor: 12 malus: 11

Current Countdown:
xvfggz7uhy

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Is it possible that there is only one scum left and another neutral still afoot? It would also explain why there apparently was no scum on the Mao train D1.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there isn't another Neutral then Scum has a head honcho handprint maker and a role built around negating that

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I can buy one Scum being left and one Neutral being left

Somehow, I think the Neutral wins Tomorrow though if we don't get either the Neutral or the Scum. I don't forsee such a marking kind of game role having a much later wincon, especially in a game with this anmount of people.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which brings me to this.

Vote: Fran. Bowing out of Mafia with a self vote is probably a dumb idea, so I'll stick to my convictions. Heavy scum reads for Fran and Gorlak. Between them, I think one of each is either Scum or Neutral and I would be happy to see either one go tonight. Backup plan is Kalor.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for who I bet is Scum vs Neutral, Gorlak gets Scum points because to his credit as a player he's been at the forefront and very visible, trying to guide the game. That would be perhaps a touch brash for a Neutral whereas Fran has been playing too conservatively.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for not being as active. For day end I probably only can join the last 20 minutes again.

Kitsunelaine
Do you believe one of malus or Fat is lying?
I honestly do not know. I could buy either of the claims. My role seems to compliment Malus's, but he could have designed it to contrast intentionally. Fat is a weird one and this game is filled with weird roles.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for who I bet is Scum vs Neutral, Gorlak gets Scum points because to his credit as a player he's been at the forefront and very visible, trying to guide the game. That would be perhaps a touch brash for a Neutral whereas Fran has been playing too conservatively.
....that and I already had a detect at Gorlak so I know he isn't who I'm searching for.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, as in all I can come up with are rather outlandish ideas.

First of all Malus had no reason at all to claim. He wasn't under scrutiny, etc. Trying to protect the other scum member? Nah.

Than Fat didn't have any reason either. He was cleared by Malus, so ???. If you want to entertain wild neutral speculation, he did that to force a lunch and survive until tomorrow? Doesn't sound safe. Or to get the cop lunched? Fat hasn't been present early game and he was mainly looking at monkey yesterday. I tried to get more out of him but he did not share more views. The rather sudden unvote was also bothering me. Anyway, people are always suspicious. I do not think he'd claim out of nowhere to antagonize here.

but I was actually wanting to hear your thoughts

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really, as in all I can come up with are rather outlandish ideas.

First of all Malus had no reason at all to claim. He wasn't under scrutiny, etc. Trying to protect the other scum member? Nah.

Than Fat didn't have any reason either. He was cleared by Malus, so ???. If you want to entertain wild neutral speculation, he did that to force a lunch and survive until tomorrow? Doesn't sound safe. Or to get the cop lunched? Fat hasn't been present early game and he was mainly looking at monkey yesterday. I tried to get more out of him but he did not share more views. The rather sudden unvote was also bothering me. Anyway, people are always suspicious. I do not think he'd claim out of nowhere to antagonize here.

but I was actually wanting to hear your thoughts
I was wanting to hear yours because you ask an awful lot of questions

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
We're getting towards the end of the game so it'd make some amount of sense for scum to claim today and try to cement themselves with a claim early, rather than save it for the endgame where more information is known. Frans seems fine though, at least I wouldn't lynch them today because their claim makes sense and worked out yesterday in regards to Meatwad. Honestly I think I'd rather lynch outside of those two but I'm not sure who.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I couldn't post yesterday night. Was really tired after work so I just fell straight into bed.
Do you see any motivation for either as scum to come out today?
We're getting towards the end of the game so it'd make some amount of sense for scum to claim today and try to cement themselves with a claim early, rather than save it for the endgame where more information is known.
Interjecting here but I agree with Kalor on this. Like I mentioned, we were gearing up for a mass claim last phase already. Fat4All claim came after he saw that contradiction, so it's the better looking one to me.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, yes.

I want to know more about her role because she said some things but there is a lot of holes in that claim.
I want some answer from Kitsunelaine when she gets up:

1- I want you to clarify about the "weird spooky things" that you are looking for. Without quoting your PM, how did you know that they are a neutral?

2- Why did you said that you were looking for a single player?
Are these two questions above about those holes you mention? I'd say we already went through these back on D2.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like you're asking questions for the sake of asking questions and not because those questions are worth asking.

Vote: Gorlak

Per my own earlier speculation, proably a better idea to vote out who I think is Scum tonight than who I think is Neutral.

Are these two questions above about those holes you mention? I'd say we already went through these back on D2.

And D3. I've been grilled thoroughly on my claim to the point where I'm literally out of words.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Vote: EzekelRAGE

We have a scum flip which no one is looking into. Your empty question above is nothingness. We have info roles coming forward. You are fishing for town's defensive and want other nk targets for scum so they can leave this kits/malus/fat triangle hanging.
Why do you think ppl aren't looking into the flip,

What question is nothingness?

Not fishing. Due to how things are laid out they already have a pool of 4 to choose from about the remaining powers. Me, you kop, and fando are the only ones who haven't claimed.

Gave my thoughts on f4/kits/mal already. Also they can leave the f4/kits/mal thread w/o everyone full claiming.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Gorlak would I be neutral or partners with meat? If the latter, why did I not try to save meat?

I could've easily made a play to save meat by starting another wagon on monkey or kalor. I also would've gotten away with it too.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Well, malus and Fat4all where do you want to go today? Both of you claimed but despite new info neither said anything about votes.
my strongest scum feeling today is on Gorlak, for reasons I gave earlier today (I can pull um up if you want)

I wouldn't feel good about going after Mali's today not being 100% sure how N3 played out with the role changes and Motion Detector.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Which brings me to this.

Vote: Fran. Bowing out of Mafia with a self vote is probably a dumb idea, so I'll stick to my convictions. Heavy scum reads for Fran and Gorlak. Between them, I think one of each is either Scum or Neutral and I would be happy to see either one go tonight. Backup plan is Kalor.

So, help me understand this. You believe Malus, so you believe that he targeted me N2 and that his action failed, confirming that I'm a commuter but, somehow, I'm a scum!commuter or a neutral!commuter?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
huh

I actually didn't think of the possibility of the commuter also leaving something behind, like the handprint or package

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
"Easily made a play"? Why do you say this and why didn't scum do it if it was an easy thing to do?
*I* could've Easily done it- in my situation I could've done it easily. Hadn't voted yet, had reason to vote outside of meat. At some point votes were 4/meat 3/monkey. Could've voted to save meat.

Maybe scum did try to save him, by calling for me to put a vote down. Hoping I would start a counter wagon to meat's current one. Maybe scum had already placed a bussing vote on meat and couldn't move w/o looking scummy.