• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I finally reread Meatwad and this is the definitive reads list based on how they interacted and talked about other people. I won't quote every post I used but I'll try to sum up each person quickly.

Here's one post that makes me feel good about Zeke and Fandorin. They kept pushing the two of them, especially Zeke, in multiple posts and with the way it was presented, I don't think it was intentional shade at another scum member.

After going through everything my top two scum leans are EzekelRAGE and Fandorin. Rage's play has been better since he took over granted but Vincent had been had been all over the place and seemed to be more opportunistic rather than looking to solve the game.

Fandorin, There has been something off about him this entire time and now I know what it is. If you look back at Fandorin's posts he does a decent job of making it look like he's trying to solve the game but from day 1 he begins tunneling me and doesn't let up. In fact he never comes up with any other serious scum reads. He has a big reads post in the middle of the thread where I am the only one who is scum to him, and the only times he votes he votes for me.

I don't know why he decided to fixate on me so much, but a townie genuinely trying to solve the game wouldn't just zero in on a single player to this degree and not have at least one or two other equally viable suspects.

My guess is Fandorin is the Neutral that Kits is looking for and his win condition is to get me lynched. Only thing that explains his tunneling imo.

This post doesn't say much but it's important because of one thing. This is literally the only time they mention Malus in a reads/vote context. They quote Malus exactly two times, one was a start of game thing and the other was drawing out more information about their role. This is also the only time they mention Kopite in a vote/reads context but they at least quoted them a bit more.

Yeah if I couldn't vote for Mao I would go for a low info player such as Kalor, Kopite or Malus. They've shown up so infrequently this phase that they've pretty much been in my blind spot as I've tried to keep up with the major goings on and that concerns me. I'm not going to full on accuse anyone of trying to fly under the radar but they have been under my radar, I'm going to be keeping an eye on them going forward.

So the current overview with what I've found.

Town

Fat4all (called a "solid neutral", feels like they were willing to let them slide to some degree.)
Kits (called a "solid neutral", same as Fat4all.)
Zeke (Meatwad kept trying to push a Meat vs Zeke narrative, they spent a decent amount of time trying to discredit them.)
Fran (The mental hoops required for both Fran and Meatwad to be scum are intense. It would require Meatwad deciding on their claim and targets, Fran coming up with their fake claim, and then deciding to go all that just to make Fran seem like town rather than try to save Meatwad. If the scum team is 2/3 people, you wouldn't throw away someone like that. Frans claim would have been soemthing that backed Meatwad up better.)
Fandorin (Tried to push Fandorin a decent amount, didn't feel like them trying to push a teammate for a vote.)

???

Gorlak (Pushed Meatwad to claim and I could see a case where they both agreed to do this in advance in a potential scum chat)

Potential scum

Malus (Barely any mentions of Kopite, except when they quoted them and answered stuff. The distance between both players feels like an intentional seperation to avoid being seen together)
Kopite (Same reasoning as Malus, though to a slightly lesser extreme.)

So between those two people, I'm going with Malus for now because of their votes. Meatwad was already on the Maol vote, albeit at the end, so I sort of doubt they would put two scum on that vote. If they did, then it doesn't look good for Kopite. But Malus was nowhere neat the Meatwad vote, they tried to push the same Zeke/Vincent lynch that Meatwad did, and mentioned being slightly wary of Meatwad on day 1 then that just disappeared afterward.

Also this post just feels extremely coy for day 1.

That's a lot of town reads. If I read this correctly your only scum read is Meatwad. Who do you think would be his partners?

And this

Is it just me or are there too many scum reads of Meatwad for how the votes are distributed? It sounds like everyone just accepted that Meat is scum and it makes me a bit antsy.

Is anyone town reading him?

Vote: Malus

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It is a good read, but I noticed this read malus had on Fran Day 3 while I was skimming their posts.

This was malus on Fran before their commuter claim:

I think the interesting part of D1 is the tie between Turmoil, Maolfunction and Meatwad. At this point scum votes were probably locked in because only Turm, Mao and you still changed votes (and me and Fran but that was a tie breaker and town->town).
So we had one town wagon (Turmoil) with Monkey, VA, Meat and Kalor as unconfirmed town, one town wagon (Mao) with me and Fran as unconfirmed town and one unknown Meat wagon with you and Fandorin as unconfirmed town. I believe you and me are town which leaves the two latter wagons with only Fran and Fandorin respectively as potential scum.
If Meatwad is scum Fran is almost certainly scum as well, especially considering his switch from Meatwad to Maol shortly before the stalemate.

At this point (if they are telling the truth about being a cop) then Cop malus knows that for some reason they didn't get a check on Fran one way or another.

This post was made a bit after Meatwad and Fran claimed:

So if Fran is a commuter, that means the Mao train D1 was pure?
Which seems like Cop malus having their N2 action explained.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
malus Why did you said that you believed Kitsune after she claimed?

Why didn't you checked her N2?
There is no reason for scum to claim cop on D2 without pressure. At worst it is something a neutral would do and I don't check for neutrals so it would have been wasted.

Feels like you're asking questions for the sake of asking questions and not because those questions are worth asking.

Vote: Gorlak

Per my own earlier speculation, proably a better idea to vote out who I think is Scum tonight than who I think is Neutral.

And D3. I've been grilled thoroughly on my claim to the point where I'm literally out of words.
If we go with the 2 person scum team, do you believe Gorlak would bus his only teammate on D1?

Only Kalor and VA/Zeke are remaining from the Turmoil train on D1. With a 2 person scum team I don't expect busing that early so Fandorin and Gorlak are save in my eyes. Fran being untargetable makes him unlikely to be scum when they already had a role blocker. On independent trains we additionally have Kopite and Fat4All who I already green checked.
All in all I expect the last scum to be among Kalor, Zeke or Kopite.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There is no reason for scum to claim cop on D2 without pressure. At worst it is something a neutral would do and I don't check for neutrals so it would have been wasted.

If we go with the 2 person scum team, do you believe Gorlak would bus his only teammate on D1?

Only Kalor and VA/Zeke are remaining from the Turmoil train on D1. With a 2 person scum team I don't expect busing that early so Fandorin and Gorlak are save in my eyes. Fran being untargetable makes him unlikely to be scum when they already had a role blocker. On independent trains we additionally have Kopite and Fat4All who I already green checked.
All in all I expect the last scum to be among Kalor, Zeke or Kopite.

You already green checked Kopite but they're on your list of three potential scum?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

So, you are a cop and someone else claims cop too and that doesn't seems weird to you because they claimed without pressure? How does make sense?

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like you're asking questions for the sake of asking questions and not because those questions are worth asking.

Vote: Gorlak

Per my own earlier speculation, proably a better idea to vote out who I think is Scum tonight than who I think is Neutral.

And D3. I've been grilled thoroughly on my claim to the point where I'm literally out of words.
You've avoided answering *again*
You claim a role that seems to be investigative, Malus did the same. You can't decide wether the claims are true or not, but you do not want to look at possible reasons for their behaviour. If you are town you would help me figure this out. If the two of us don't find a good explanation, the simplest is that they are town. To see your train of thought helps me figure this and you out.

But all you do is throw a fit and go at me, avoiding my question.

1 Why do you think ppl aren't looking into the flip,

2 What question is nothingness?

3 Not fishing. Due to how things are laid out they already have a pool of 4 to choose from about the remaining powers. Me, you kop, and fando are the only ones who haven't claimed.
Gave my thoughts on f4/kits/mal already. Also they can leave the f4/kits/mal thread w/o everyone full claiming.
1 because it's time consuming.

2 "who's meat working with"
I haven't seen you going back and trying to work this out at all. You haven't given a singular read all day.

3 We obviously disagree on this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for this post Kalor, really I mean it. Even if I disagree with parts of it. I think it solidifies my townread on Fandorin.

I also think Malus would've gone for Monkey if he was scum. His POV makes sense as town. And the first quote is in regards to a Fandorin read list that _was_ full of town early game. I've found that list to be slightly off and Fran as well.

What all of this leaves out is your affiliation with Meat. And how you threw a vote at Zeke early D3, after having him in your top town D2, only to go reverse on that vote again.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You've avoided answering *again*
No I'm pretty sure I explicitly answerd your "So?".

If you are town you would help me figure this out.
You aren't trying to figure anything out-- you yourself said you can't come to any conclusions from it. Why the heck would it be any different from me if we're working from the same set of information? Two people claimed-- so? I mean, shit, it's D4, in a game where we have few members. I'd be more suspicious if people wouldn't be claiming.

You are talking for the sake of talking. "If you are town you would help me"-- If you want my help then ask useful questions. Filling up game time with nonsense isn't pro-town, it's anti-town. That's why I'm not biting.

But all you do is throw a fit

No, you know what a fit from me looks like.

Oct 27, 2017
kits stop with the bullshit for a moment and tell me if you can see a malicious intent from malus or fat4all.

If not, we agree and can move on. Why is this so hard?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kits stop with the bullshit for a moment and tell me if you can see a malicious intent from malus or fat4all.

If not, we agree and can move on. Why is this so hard?
Because your question wasn't "Do you sense a malicious intent from malus or fat4all", it was "does the fact that they roleclaimed make them suspicious?" when the answer to that is obvious to the point where you even said it yourself.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we work this out from the other side?

There were definitive interactions between Fandorin and Meatwad. Fandorin ended up on Meat 3 times, Fran has quoted these posts today and finds them weak. At some point Meat goes over to call Fandorin out on tunneling and lists him as top scum. Yeah no, scum!Fandorin probably doesn't call out Meat early and puts him on par with turmoil D1?

I agree with Kalor that Meatwad's suspicion towards EzekelRAGE feels like an out and is likely directed at a townie. Also Vincent's vote on Meat D1. I ask again was the quick withdrawal a faint bus attempt? I quoted them earlier today.

I'm currently rereading with an eye on Meatwad and mention's on him.

Kitsunelaine - what do you think about these two?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Updated Claim List:

Confirmed Roles:
turmoil7 - Die-Hardman the Adrenaline Junkie: Survives another day phase when night killed. Lunched D1 #502
KetKat - Naked Norman Reedus the Motion Detector: Is informed how many actions target her during the night. Killed N1 #506
Maolfunction - CDT6 Operative the Dying: Dies after D4 Hated: Takes one less vote for Turbo. Lunched D2 #1180
Fantomas - Heartman the Loved: Takes one more vote for Turbo. Killed N2 #1183
Meatwad - Higgs the Licker: role block. Lunched D3 #1830
Dr. Monkey - Kojima the Creator: change roles (Hated, 1-Shot Double Voter, 1-Shot Switcher, Gossip, Vengeful, Role Thief). Won N3 #1833

Unconfirmed Roles:
Dr. Monkey - Mama the Spirit Mother: Can ask questions to the other side (dead players). First claimed #508. Further information #620
Kitsunelaine - Backpack: Detects weird spooky thing. First claimed #623. Investigated Fanto N1 (negative result) #629. Investigated Gorlak N2 (negative result) #1201. Investigated malus N3 (negative result) #1872
Kalor - Vanilla #1341, switched to 1-shot role thief N2, used on Monkey N3 (failed) #1939
Fran - Even Day Commuter #1626
malus - Deadman the Cop: checked Monkey N1 (not evil), Fran N2 (failed), Fat4All N3 (not evil) #1943
Fat4All - Bridge Baby: Inherits Naked Norman Reedus' role. Switched to Motion Detector N2. No motion N2, 1 motion N3. Switched to Monkey role N3 #1987

Other claims:
Gorlak - was marked by a hand print N1#529 #642
Kopite - was marked N2 #1227
Gorlak - was role blocked N2 #1229
Gorlak - received a package N3 #1855
Fran - was marked N3 #1859
Fandorin - received a package N2 #1906

No guarantee for completeness. Use at own risk. malus inc. denies all responsibility for wrong conclusions taken from this list.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I just realized I probably won't be around much more today, so I'll reread my top scum picks and give an update later.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we work this out from the other side?

There were definitive interactions between Fandorin and Meatwad. Fandorin ended up on Meat 3 times, Fran has quoted these posts today and finds them weak. At some point Meat goes over to call Fandorin out on tunneling and lists him as top scum. Yeah no, scum!Fandorin probably doesn't call out Meat early and puts him on par with turmoil D1?

I agree with Kalor that Meatwad's suspicion towards EzekelRAGE feels like an out and is likely directed at a townie. Also Vincent's vote on Meat D1. I ask again was the quick withdrawal a faint bus attempt? I quoted them earlier today.

I'm currently rereading with an eye on Meatwad and mention's on him.

Kitsunelaine - what do you think about these two?

They're a blind spot from me until I go back and reread the game. Fando has felt a little coasty all game, but that might just be because I haven't paid equal attention to everyone. Zeeks is a null for me because while he's been posting, I haven't been able to get a read on him either.

And this was his first reaction to Kits claim:
That is actually a *damn* good catch.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This comes of as condescending. Please stop doing that.

There is a difference between playing the game and giving out your read or actually rereading a scum player. You're doing neither.
1. I haven't given a full read list in my last 5 or 6 games. I won't be changing that for you now.

2. The emojis were due to you giving other ppl a "pass" for not looking at the meat flip because it's "time consuming ". But you have a problem with me not going in depth on it.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Gorlak (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,928 #2,058
Kitsunelaine - #2,083

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Gorlak - #2,080

malus (1 votes)
Kalor - #2,103

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #2,058 #2,066

Fran (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #2,066 #2,083

Kalor (0 votes)
Gorlak - #1,856 #1,860
Kitsunelaine - #1,892 #1,897

Not voting: Fat4all, Fran, malus, Kopite, EzekelRAGE, Fandorin

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 66 Kitsunelaine: 53 Gorlak: 39 Fran: 32 EzekelRAGE: 31 Fandorin: 26 Kopite: 19 malus: 17 Kalor: 15

Current Countdown:
xvfggz7uhy

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, this are going to be a lot of quotes, I'll put them behind spoilers and give you a summary:

This is in response to me. One of the few Fat mentions, neutral read
Fat4All could be a lynch candidate sure, I haven't seen much from him and he's a strong neutral for me at this point. Mao I'm not sure, the whole RNG voting to drum up discussion thing is weird for sure, He claims to not have any real leads because it's early game, But I feel like dropping a random vote isn't the best play. I could possibly see myself voting for Mao this phase just for that tbh.

I hold back early game mostly because I'm just not that confident with little info to go on. I prefer to watch people and see what they say and how they react to things and then try to relate these things when stuff starts happening. If that makes sense. I kinda hate day 1 for this reason lol

Early take from Kalor:
For the other popular lynch votes right now, Meatwad has been lower activity but their Turmoil vote is weird. Unless I missed it I don't believe they had a reason for it. Just sort of happened.
Vincent I see the justification for but don't feel inclined to vote for them myself.

Fandorin and Meatwad had the most interactions (at least that's what it feels like) There were one or two that feel wrong like this one:
This is like the exact oppposite of my take on the pre-typed post, but sure.
But the majority highlights Meatwad in a bad way, see here:
Those were your posts prior to that:
So I take it that that quick mention of turmoil, which was actually your first in game though, was your reasoning to the vote then? It really does read to me like you wanted to put a vote down just for the sake of it.

This is Meat's big readlist, compare Monkey, Fantomas, Mao to the rest. I think he snug in either one or two scum and here is seems like Fran and kits could be partners. His read on me is also wishy washy
Ok going to put down some reads while they're on my mind, While I'm trying to do my schoolwork

Monkey: Her Roleclaim is odd for sure, but she's been engaging people. answering questions in a way that seems honest to me, and despite coming in with a red check on Mao hasn't pushed for a turbo against him. Monkey is a strong town lean imo

Fantomas, has been very active and genuinely seems like he wants to solve the game, Strong town lean

Kitsulane, not sure, her roleclaim is strange, I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest, she seems genuine otherwise. Slight town lean

Fat4All Seems to be a Blarg style player, Funny but difficult to read. Null

Fran, Fran is historically hard for me to read. He makes some good arguments and appears helpful but the last time I thought I had him pegged I turned out to be wrong Fran lean

Gorlak came off suspicious EOD 1 with the Fran vote and his animus towards Monkey and Fran but seems to be genuinely engaged now. Null

Fandoran, has been intent on tunneling me for some reason. I would like an explanation of why out of all the players in this game he's so focused on me. Has yet to present a solid case. Kinda comes off as trying to get a train going on a weak player. Slight scum lean.

Mao, I don't think I buy Mao's claim of being a doomed townie and then suddenly having his role change to be hated townie. I don't know why he claimed that in the first place but it seems like he realized his claim wouldn't work if he didn't die so he had to change it. He's played mostly defensively and hasn't shown much interest in scum hunting. He hasn't done anything to make me think the red check Monkey received is a mistake. Scum lean

Others: I'll have to go back and reread their posts to come up with a solid lead. There are some people that have fallen into my blind spot, So that's all my reads for now

The post Kalor quoted. As he said one of the few mentions of Kopite, Malus AND Kalor. I'm not sure he would put a partner here or just offer town mislynches, leaning the latter.
Yeah if I couldn't vote for Mao I would go for a low info player such as Kalor, Kopite or Malus. They've shown up so infrequently this phase that they've pretty much been in my blind spot as I've tried to keep up with the major goings on and that concerns me. I'm not going to full on accuse anyone of trying to fly under the radar but they have been under my radar, I'm going to be keeping an eye on them going forward.

This post from Kalor struck me. Vincent which he completely abandoned next day and Meatwad in between two others. Alarm bell ringing here.
Now that I've had more time to think about Maol the less sure I feel about that vote. Partly because it's an easy excuse for scum to vote for someone and not stick out too much (says one of the only 2 people actively voting for them right now). But then there's the conflicting side where some of Maols actions prior to revealing don't really line up with what their role, and the claim itself and the handling of it afterwards has just been messy. Although this has sort of been a game of messy role claims so far.

Other brief misc thoughts that I should get out there since I've been lacking in that regard.
  • I think Kits, Vincent and Gorlak are probably town. Kits is probably the one I'm least sure out of the batch.
  • I continue to think Monkeys role is believable, at least with the information that we have currently.
  • Wary of Malus, meatwad and Fantomas. The latter being one I don't have much evidence for besides a gut feeling.

Fat's response to me - Meatwad would be a target, but no enough. Could be a scum response, light shade without intent behind it. Mhm
I'm not sure. Possibly Meatwad? Their posts have been kinda lacking imo, kinda feels like they're just going along with the general vibe. coasting-ish.

not enough to throw me off maol or monkey at the moment

Ah, I've probably found the post that lead to Fantomas death:
Fantomas had some more during this day, he said a Fran + Meatwad world is possible, not so much with Fandorin.

Kopite comments on Fanto's case. Points out how Meat uses the same words. Preemptive mention in case someone finds it? I don't think so, feels more like a genuine mention, but I'll have to see how his read developed.
Fanto's post about Meadwad made me see that his read on doggo was 'Plays like Blarg'. That's the same take I had and a couple of posters then told me that he doesn't play that Blargly. I think Fantos right here that Meat is just sheeping his reads. Can others look back at the post (sorry for not quoting it, damn mobile) and tell us what you think? Would also like Meatwad to respond to it.

And the first tunnel mention from Meat to Fandorin. Fandorin isn't his partner
That's fair, there's a lot of posts in this thread and I think that makes it more likely that somebody will already have said something that I am thinking. I certainly don't want to start obsessing over what other people are saying and then try and tailor my thoughts to be different because that wouldn't be genuine on my part.

Now if you want to talk about sheeping, look at Fandorin, who basically just dropped a vote on me because "Others were thinking it" I'd like Fandorin to lay out his case against me instead of look like he's just following where the wind happens to be blowing in order to blend in. When I drop my vote for the day it won't be a vote influenced by what others are thinking that's for sure.
This was the first half of the game. I hopefully manage the second as well.
Fandorin has way too many interactions with Meat. They aren't w/w here.
From Meat's readlist the middle section is interesting. Fran, kits, Fat (and me) ~ there is at least one scum in there. He didn't mention Kopite/VA/malus.
Kalor has Meat in a typical scum spot in his readlist.
Kopite mentioned him once, I have to see how that develops.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
This are all the quotes related to Kit's claim:

"why reveal yourself now"? well my role helps town solve the game, and I could fire at like 13 people as a shot in the dark but that's like a 1/13 chance of finding my target since it's not a scum hunting ability
also i got a null on fantomas, fantomas isn't the weird spooky thing i'm supposed to detect, but this is not a green check, i repeat, this is NOT a green check
Basically I detect oddities or whatever, and I can target a dude or a dudette each night to try and sniff out what I'm guessing is the neutral. It doesn't say wether it detects town or scum, and I find that especially curious.
Not necessarily. If the thing she can detect isn't aligned with scum they would have no reason to roleblock or kill her and the thing probably doesn't have access to a roleblock and so far there hasn't been an extra kill so it's probably also not a serial killer.
Ding ding ding. You're right.
What if the spooky things is the scum team? Is that the phrasing in your pm? I'm trying to figure out if it has anything to do with the handprint I was marked with. btw @Maolfunction said "marked" as hated as well.
If you actually took the time to read my posts, you'd know the answer to that one.
Yes you've mentioned weird spooky things thrice or sth, I still don't know if that's the exact wording in your pm. You've jumped to the conclusion you are looking for a neutral, why is that? Are you looking for a single entitiy? Why can't the scum team be weird spooky things, you're a backpack for fuck's sake.
I'm not going to say if something is exact phrasing or not because that is tantamount to quoting your PM. What I've said is literally as clear as I can get.
Because bastard roles? fuck if I know. If you're dead set on this, seriously— just lynch me.
I don't understand why Kitsu seems to believe she's not actually detecting scum with her role but one neutral player out there. "Weird spooky things" just indicates "something bad" to me, and it sounds like that's the extent of her role PM (or at least what's she's willing to share with the thread now).
Because it seems intentionally vague and I can use it every night. A normal alignment cop with unlimited shots is too powerful even for bastard
This also means the neutral must be more powerful than normal because it has a role predicated on sniffing it ouf
I'm not holding anything back. That's just baseless spec on your part, because you can't believe my role would be this useless. But it kind of is??? which is why I was okay revealing it. All I am is a detector, I detect things. When I find something, we'll either have to vote it out or do nothing.
Here's the thing. My power has unlimtied shots. An unlimted shot regular cop would be too powerful. Now if you can argue why an unlimited cop power in a game of this size would be balanced, I'd be all ears. But as it stands, it only makes sense to me that my ability is only able to detect the neutral. There is a smaller pool of players that the Neutral could be so the whole unlimited shots thing makes a great deal of sense.

That's not exactly an assumption on my part and it was already litigated back when I revealed my role yesterDay. My role makes the most sense when I think of it as a Neutral detector, and I have to find the neutral before a certain Day or the neutral wins.
You're the one in the position of having to present the competing theory, because you're throwing the simplest explination of the facts into doubt. I've already personally ruled out that it's a scum detector because that would be too overpowered. Now, on the slim chance that I'm wrong and I somehow have the most powerful Mafia power I've literally ever seen, if that's the case, I've absolutely kinda fucked up this game? But see, here's the thing. If we assume that, which is absolutely what you're suggesting-- then we have a green check on Gorlak. That's the ultimate conclusion of you trying to push this theory-- which is absolutely what you're doing. The only way to prove you wrong would be for me to """green check""" Scum and have us lynch them.

In a few short words; you're making a lot of assumptions. In fact, you are making far more assumptions than I am. You're overly convoluting this. Bastard doesn't necessitate overly convoluted, not automatically. Now, I'm not you. I'm not willing to make the leap that the simplest answer isn't the correct one. You're going to have to present some evidence to convince me here, or find some reason to suggest that my running theory is as outlandish as you're suggesting. Gesturing at the fact that it's a possibilty doesn't cut it. Not if you're actually trying to solve the game. There has to be a purpose behind throwing doubt on something that seems pretty clear cut.
Btw before I go to bed-- I have mentioned before that I am an "oddity" detector, but we all just latched onto spooky thing because it rolled off the tongue better. And also kind of means the same thing.

Secondly, Scum know their team size. If they consist of four and are smart, I would have been nk'd last Night. But I wasn't. Erego, Scum have outed themselves as a three team party and the neutral is pretty much confirmed.

Right at the start she said that we was looking for a neutral and that her check on Fanto was not a green check. Then Malus says that she could be safe from NKs and RBs because she isn't checking for scum but a neutral and she agrees. When Gorlak asked why she was sure that it was not scum she says that she already answered that and will not clarify more because it would be like quoting her PM. When I asked why she would be searching for a neutral she said "bastard roles". Then Fando asked the same thing that Gorlak and she answered that it would be too overpowered if she was looking for scum.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Is it suspicious that she said that she was looking for a neutral because she thought that her role was too OP during D2 with barely any info about the actual setup of the game?

Could she have claimed that to have an excuse for not getting killed during the night or why scum wouldn't roleblock her? She certaintly thought about that.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
...Because a cop with unlimited cops is super unbalanced? I think I answered this already in the quote wall you posted.

It's unbalanced depending of the rest of the game/mechanics. Maybe scum have a way to counter an unlimited cop or there are mechanics that balance them.

That's why I find it weird that you said that it would be unbalanced when we had soo little info to work with.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's unbalanced depending of the rest of the game/mechanics. Maybe scum have a way to counter an unlimited cop or there are mechanics that balance them.

That's why I find it weird that you said that it would be unbalanced when we had soo little info to work with.
We have numbers. Moreover, my role specifically avoids mentioning alignment detection, and I communicated with the mods as soon as I got it to see if it was intentional and recieved a "No comment" back, which was really an answer in and of itself. I really don't like mentioning that sort private stuff though, so...

Oct 27, 2017
Reread about Meat part II - this is up until his lunch:

Meatwad's my strongest scum read for now, I don't feel good about them and think they're not really interested in solving the game, most likely because they might know who's scum already lel.

Meatwad always thought that Maol was scum but, to me, this seems more fake than Kopite or VA. It seems oportunistic. Also Fanto's kill, who were going hard on him, makes me feel not great about him.

I found Meatwads vote to be quite strange. It came out of nothing and without any reasoning whether it was because of the "red check" or because of Maols behaviour.

Maybe they'll pick up later but I feel like Zeke might be scum and he's going to try to coast on his replacement status today so he doesn't have to contribute much.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

For top 2 scum, I'm currently to Zeke and Meatwad.

Real quick

Fandorin, His tunneling of me seems fake and opportunistic
EzekelRAGE, Vincent was very wishy-washy previously, like he just wanted to blend in.

I'm gonna go back a re-read a bunch of stuff when I get the time to make better reads, but this is what I'm feeling at the moment
But again VA/Zeke is linked to Meatwad but the focus he puts is on VA/Zeke, not Meatwad. And Zeke can't really defend his predecessor either way.

Damn, this is a good catch. Makes me a bit more suspicious of Meatwad.
Meatwad is just there. seems to be on the edge for a lot of ppl but no real action. Day 1 made me feel like he was saved iirc.
Same could be said for Vincent. In fact I went back and your predecessor in your role was all over the place and seemed like he wanted to be present and not noticed. Also Vincent wanted to find "safe" wagons. When he voted me D1 He admitted he had zero justification for it and then switched his vote to Turmoil when he recieved pushback on my vote.

Then he spent most of day 2 talking to Monkey about her role and meekly trying to push Fran and Mao before abandoning that line towards day end. Vincent spent the game trying to play it safe and made no bold moves or did anything that would get him noticed. Which reads as anti-town to me

So just putting that out there
This is somewhat lacking compared to how long it took me to finally write something but my feelings have shifted enough since the start of the day that I don't feel as willing to vote for you right now

Unvote
As you can see, I vote out of conviction, Not because I'm trying to jump on a train or hide or whatever people been trying to push
I never mentioned anything about your votes.
Well the post you quoted is connected to other things. I stated my intention that I would vote for Mao and then I was being asked who else I would've voted for at that time.

I guess I misunderstood
I mean I made decisions and stuck to them. I didn't just try to pick trains that seemed convenient. I decided who I was going to vote for, explained why I was going to vote for them and stuck to it.

Vincent, can't claim the same
Who do you suspect right now?
I think they're partners.
I said I would get another vote down before the initial day end time so...

Vote: Meatwad
thanks

hmm, i need to look into Meatwad a bit more

before i dive even deeper into the Monkey hole i should prob do that first
After going through everything my top two scum leans are EzekelRAGE and Fandorin. Rage's play has been better since he took over granted but Vincent had been had been all over the place and seemed to be more opportunistic rather than looking to solve the game.
This post is so weird that it cements things for me - I'm happy to vote for Meatwad here today. I think a small part of me would still prefer Kalor, but I think Kalor's noncommittal vote is a bus in an effort to save himself. Meatwad is almost a foregone conclusion; if he doesn't go today, he'll go tomorrow, I think, so might as well bus while you can.

But this reach toward a neutral Fandorin in a game where Fandorin has had ample reason to focus outside main trains really comes screaming out of nowhere. Fandorin hasn't fixated on Meatwad; he's actually been very reasonable all game and if that's where his votes landed, there's enough backing it up in his content that the votes are, I think, more a case of game state than a true tunnel.
Is it just me or are there too many scum reads of Meatwad for how the votes are distributed? It sounds like everyone just accepted that Meat is scum and it makes me a bit antsy.

Is anyone town reading him?
I'm here and caught up. These two role claims are messy put together. When I saw Meatwads reveal, it seemed possible but the rarer kind of hider compared to whats usually done in this community. Frans claim seemed opportunistic to try and pin suspicion on Meatwad and get a lynch there. Maybe it read differently in real time but catching up and the proximity of the reveals, Frans feels too sudden. But if Fran was scum trying to get Meatwad lynched, the primary question is then of motive. Is there another lynch candidate who is at risk who is scum and they want to get town Meatwad lynched instead (the candidate probably being Monkey in this case)? Do they see the end in sight already and want to guarantee a town lynch? Or Fran is genuine and the timing and handling of the reveal was just awkward.
For the record, Kalor is not connected to me or in any way my scum partner

My time is running out, so I can't leave commentary on everything, but these were the posts that showed me things.

There is a sprinkle of possible VA in there, but that's a smaller doubt. "Just putting it out there" feels bussy, but I don't think he'd compare himself to a partner like this.
Kits has basically nothing on him. Null
Kopite sticks with his read and votes him. Null
Malus is low on mentions as well. Null
Fat "looks" into him and quotes two posts that doesn't really bring any insight and is done.
Fandorin is not partners.
Fran mentions a bad feeling, but never looks again.
After all I am convinced that Monkey was serious about the Meatwad - Kalor connection.
Kalor is scum and partners with Meat. That back and forth between them seems fake.

Vote: Kalor

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rereading D2 looking for Meatwad's interactions around the time votes started getting put out. Before Fantomas (and a bit later I) voted for Meatwad, we had Kalor and Fat4All shading Meat but voting Maol, Kopite also did the same but after our votes - Gorlak also commented on Meat but voted there as well. Posts below in spoilers.
Conclusion:
I think I've convinced myself that we have to lunch Mao. "I'm not suicidal anymore" is too good of an adjustment and it popped up at the most convenient moment.

Apart from that I have really big doubts about Kalor and would like to lunch him. Meatwad is treading coasting territory, in a bad way.
Now that I've had more time to think about Maol the less sure I feel about that vote. Partly because it's an easy excuse for scum to vote for someone and not stick out too much (says one of the only 2 people actively voting for them right now). But then there's the conflicting side where some of Maols actions prior to revealing don't really line up with what their role, and the claim itself and the handling of it afterwards has just been messy. Although this has sort of been a game of messy role claims so far.

Other brief misc thoughts that I should get out there since I've been lacking in that regard.
  • I think Kits, Vincent and Gorlak are probably town. Kits is probably the one I'm least sure out of the batch.
  • I continue to think Monkeys role is believable, at least with the information that we have currently.
  • Wary of Malus, meatwad and Fantomas. The latter being one I don't have much evidence for besides a gut feeling.
I'm not sure. Possibly Meatwad? Their posts have been kinda lacking imo, kinda feels like they're just going along with the general vibe. coasting-ish.

not enough to throw me off maol or monkey at the moment
Fanto's post about Meadwad made me see that his read on doggo was 'Plays like Blarg'. That's the same take I had and a couple of posters then told me that he doesn't play that Blargly. I think Fantos right here that Meat is just sheeping his reads. Can others look back at the post (sorry for not quoting it, damn mobile) and tell us what you think? Would also like Meatwad to respond to it.

Gorlak, I'll do a read on Kalor before EOD.
Around the same time, malus posted this brief mention on Meatwad. Interesting that he didn't end up investigating either of these players the following night. I'll expand on malus x Meatwad in another post, but right now I want to talk about this post below a bit later from Meat where he basically replicated what malus said about the same players (i.e., Kalor and Kopite), only including malus himself in the bunch. It's worded differently, but it's a sheep read to me. It made me feel better on malus, but what do you guys think?
To be honest Kopite, Meatwad and Kalor kind of blend together for me. They all don't really have any ground breaking posts and it makes it hard for me to differentiate who has said what.

Day 2 votecount to help:
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====

Maolfunction (5 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #508 #517
Kitsunelaine - #797
Kalor - #864
Vincent Alexander - #930 #992
Fat4all - #1,027
Kopite - #1,102
Meatwad - #1,165

Meatwad (3 votes)
Fantomas - #1,035
Fandorin - #1,086
Gorlak - #1,173

Fran (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #832

Gorlak (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #655 #797

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Gorlak - #509 #513

Kalor (0 votes)
Gorlak - #833 #1,173

Not voting: Fran, malus, Dr. Monkey, EzekelRAGE

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Reread about Meat part II - this is up until his lunch:

My time is running out, so I can't leave commentary on everything, but these were the posts that showed me things.

There is a sprinkle of possible VA in there, but that's a smaller doubt. "Just putting it out there" feels bussy, but I don't think he'd compare himself to a partner like this.
Kits has basically nothing on him. Null
Kopite sticks with his read and votes him. Null
Malus is low on mentions as well. Null
Fat "looks" into him and quotes two posts that doesn't really bring any insight and is done.
Fandorin is not partners.
Fran mentions a bad feeling, but never looks again.
After all I am convinced that Monkey was serious about the Meatwad - Kalor connection.
Kalor is scum and partners with Meat. That back and forth between them seems fake.

Vote: Kalor

So why did Meatwad say I was scum before they were lynched? Trying to hide our "connection" in plain sight by hoping people would dismiss it? I certainly would have played better those first few days if I was scum because that would have given me a reason to be more engaged as I mentioned at the end of yesterday.

Oct 27, 2017
Final reads:

Fandorin is town - Too many interactions with Meat, highlighted him too often.
Malus is town - His play is townie, he layed low as cop, quotes fit, reactions fit.

Zeke is probably town - No one really give input if they think that Meat vote D1 was a bus attempt or not. Meat was comparing himself to VA a lot at the end, saying he played way more firmly without the wishy-washy.
Fran is probably town - despite EoD1. Scum could have an x-shot untargetable, but that depends if another direct counter-measure against the cop comes up. This requires two coordinated scum claims, when Fran wasn't really in danger. Gambit? I'm thinking unlikely.

Fat4All how the fuck should I know - world 1: scan on him is correct, he's town. but world 2 - hottest take: his self-watcher claim was made to lunch the real cop and cement his status because he's godfather. His look at Meatwad D3 felt really weak without any real intention behind it. I'm really unsure here.

Kopite is a null. He's more active now, but I can't really connect with him. Didn't find much in regards to Meat.

Kits is probably scum - this has come more over PoE. claim after my bluff. the assumptions she has made from the start. The glaring ignorance of Meat. Her target choices don't add up either for me. And lastly Malus being a cop too.
Kalor is scum - coasting D1+2, the soft tries to sway away from Meat towards his "townread" Zeke.

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to numbers and worlds:
D4 with 7-2, D5 with 5-2 and D6 lylo with 3-2

This leaves 3 lunches including today to catch the next scum. It's doable.
I don't believe in another neutral.

Hopefully I'm around the last 20 minutes, but I can't guarantee it.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Kitsu checks oddities. Could the packages be oddities? Gorlak Fandorin both of you got one. What do you think?

We know that she doesn't interacts with handprints and that's the other mechanic that we don't know about.