• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adan0s

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there are also new quests, not just cosmetics. Hope this will release on playstation aswell, together with a ps5 update.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
t4t6BER.jpg

OP
OP
Dever

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I'm guessing it's just cosmetics, but the Half-life cosmetics had some unique emails and deliveries you had to do to unlock them, so I wonder if there's anything here.

Kojipro must be bummed about the massive negative backlash CDPR/CP2077 is currently getting though, lol.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a skin for the bike, Silverhand's arm and V's face implants?

Nope

Exclusive to PC this FREE update for DEATH STRANDING contains six new missions featuring characters and lore from Cyberpunk 2077, a game that needs no introduction. What's more, players can expect exclusive items and an all-new Hacking function. Oh and it's OUT NOW!

Porters can now get hands on with several unlockable aesthetic and equipment items, including:

• Cyberpunk 2077 themed Reverse Trike vehicle with improved jumping power
• "Silver Hand" modelled after Johnny Silverhand's robotic arm that can be equipped and used in game
• New holograms including a SAMURAI symbol signboard and a Atlas Trauma Team vehicle hologram for certain constructions
• Several fashion items including Johnny Silverhand's sunglasses

store.steampowered.com

Site Error

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished DS last week so pass. I guess I could just hop in and try the bike but starting this game over sounds awful. Never want to do those mountain deliveries again lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
6 new quests too, not just cosmetics.

Exclusive to PC this FREE update for DEATH STRANDING contains six new missions featuring characters and lore from Cyberpunk 2077, a game that needs no introduction. What's more, players can expect exclusive items and an all-new Hacking function. Oh and it's OUT NOW!

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I'm a bit surprised about this tbh. Surely since Sony owns the Death Stranding IP, they'd have to approve any collaboration, even if it's only on PC. Given CDPR have a marketing deal with MS and they are annoyed with CDPR over the refund situation, I'm surprised they didn't block this association of their IP with CP77.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Having recently got the platinum, zip-line spam was the only way lol
I think I used it literally once. The existing poles never had anywhere connected to them, and I wasn't that sure when / where I would be backtracking so I didn't bother building any. Seems really useful in those areas but painful as heck otherwise.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see a company with such a poor record of representing minorities and dealing with sensitive issues working with CDPR

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Not a fan of those disabling mechanics, stealth gameplay is already way to unchallenging in Death Stranding.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit surprised about this tbh. Surely since Sony owns the Death Stranding IP, they'd have to approve any collaboration, even if it's only on PC. Given CDPR have a marketing deal with MS and they are annoyed with CDPR over the refund situation, I'm surprised they didn't block this association of their IP with CP77.

I have the feeling Sony and kojimas cooperation is build on "we will let you do whatever you want to do, we will not be like konami". Then stepping in and going "don't do this collaboration with this game though!" Is probably not a good idea.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah, I'm 90 hours in and only about halfway done, this game is so good, can't wait to try out the new stuff

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I have the feeling Sony and kojimas cooperation is build on "we will let you do whatever you want to do, we will not be like konami". Then stepping in and going "don't do this collaboration with this game though!" Is probably not a good idea.
That may be true, but only if Kojima Productions are going to continue to work with Sony, which doesn't look certain at the moment. If Kojima is not staying with them, I would say protecting their IP is more important than keeping them happy.

It's a bit disappointing to see how Kojima Productions doesn't seem to be that interested in PlayStation anymore (almost all they ever talk about now is Death Stranding PC, no PS5 update or even a framerate uncap for PS5 BC) after Sony literally gave them access to a top class engine in Decima when they had nothing of their own to work with, as a new studio. But we'll see if their next project ends up being with Sony again.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
The absence of this content in the PS4 version is strange. I am increasingly convinced that the next Kojima project will be exclusive to one of the PC stores.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if it's CDPR who pushed for the PC exclusivity considering that they didn't even send the console versions out for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.