• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
www.express.co.uk

US election poll: Trump BEATING Biden despite being hospitalised

DONALD TRUMP'S illness with coronavirus has not impacted his push to win a second term in the White House, an exclusive poll has revealed.

The monthly Democracy Institute Sunday Express poll for the Presidential election shows that Mr Trump is still on course for victory with 46 percent of the popular support compared to his Democrat rival Joe Biden's 45 percent.
However, his overall lead has dropped by two points since the last poll in September.

The poll was completed after the news broke that President Trump and his wife Melania have been infected by Covid-19.
But 68 percent said the illness would not affect their vote while 19 percent said they were "more likely" to support Trump and only 13 percent "less likely".
Almost two thirds said they felt sympathy and concern for the President while 38 percent said him getting the disease was "karma" in an indication of the current divisive nature of US politics.

Crucially, Mr Trump's lead in key swing states including Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin remains at 4 percent by 47 percent 43 percent.

This gives a projected Electoral College split of 320 to Trump and 218 to Biden.

While other polls have Biden ahead, the Democracy Institute, which correctly predicted Brexit and Trump's win in 2016, only considers people who identify as "likely voters" rather than all registered voters and also asks about the so called shy vote.

This shows that 77 percent of Trump supporters would not admit it to friends or family members.

Enthusiasm Gap?

Q. "Are you strongly or very enthusiastic about your choice of candidate?"
  • Trump voters = 83%
  • Biden voters = 49%

Q "Could your vote change before Election Day?"
  • Trump voters: Yes = 2%
  • Biden voters: Yes = 7%

These guys and express.co.uk are obviously conservative/right wing and will shill hard to make that happen, but they were also one of the few to predict Trump winning in 2016 (they got the electoral college right, but the popular vote very wrong).

In comparison Trump got 304 electoral votes in 2016, to Hillary Clintons 227 while she won the popular vote by 2.9m (2.1%).

A lot more factors this time around including mail in ballots and whether they are counted or contested (or worse), whether young people will go and vote, how much more of an impact covid19 has on the administration, debates, the Senate, the supreme court hearings, the stimulus packages, and a million other things that will no doubt occur over the next 4 weeks.

Its still kinda scary that only 2% of Trump voters say there is any chance of them changing their vote.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I think there is truth in "undecideds" being shamed Trump voters, but geez.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
And another 50 pollsters showing Biden crushing.

I don't think bed wetting polls deserve more attention.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Meanwhile NBC's poll has moved the gap between Biden and Trump from 51-43 to 53-38. And 538 this week has dropped the odds of Trump winning from 23 to 19 today. In other words, just vote, encourage others to vote, and if you vote absentee follow the ballot online until its been counted.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
But isn't there more enthusiasm for Biden than there was for Hillary? I don't see how Trump could win more electoral college votes than in 2016, he'll be lucky if he wins those same states again (There were incredibly narrowly won!).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Trump winning wouldn't surprise me even if all the other polls show him crushing for several reasons that have been discussed in detail in other threads. Trump getting the popular vote if I read this correctly seems crazy.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Trump is most certainly not in the lead in Minnesota. As far as I've seen, he's not actually ahead in any of those states (Iowa possibly excluded.) It's definitely still possible that he will take the election, but this particular article doesn't seem to be realistic.

This shows that 77 percent of Trump supporters would not admit it to friends or family members.
Also, if it's something you won't admit to people you care about, maybe you're doing something wrong.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats on finding the one shitty pollster who would bother to publish this nonsense

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if you're posting this to make fun of Cato Institute wankery or to signal boost them.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's over. Sorry guys, pack it up.

Give me a break. "An exclusive poll"

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell is the monthly Democracy Institute Sunday Express poll

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The confirmation bias here so far takes me right back to 2016 lol. Unbelievable how confident some of you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.