• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What in the world does anyone see in Gabbard? She's not even the joke vote.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Young voters are very clearly fed up with establishment Dems. Hopefully this continues.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
figure04.png

behind-2018-united-states-midterm-election-turnout-table-1.jpg

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
I find that second image especially hopeful because while voter turnout went up among all ages, it was highest for the 18-29 demo (which makes sense since the older brackets already had high turnout). And I think we'll see another significant jump in youth turnout this election compared to 2016.

Instead of the refrain of "young people don't vote, ignore em" we need to ask ourselves "why" young people don't vote and what can be done to change that.

I think the problems that Sanders is focusing on (Student Debt, Climate Change, and Health Care) provide an insight as to what that might be.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm just saying, the number of young people you'll energize to finally vote if a progressive candidate wins the nom will be greater than however many republicans a milquetoast candidate can convince to come over. Even if young people just vote at midterm levels I think catering to that demographic would provide better gains. I'm also certain the youth will beat their midterm score handily this election, especially if we get a good candidate. The old dems will vote blue no matter who so may as well appeal to the giant pile of untapped youth vote.

I'm actually shocked Yang doesn't have more support with this demographic. I assumed 100 percent of his support was young people and dudes working in tech companies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
reminder: we're not doing single poll threads

Status
Not open for further replies.