• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): troll thread creation, platform wars
Amazing gameplay, masterful quality and reception.....There's very few games that are on par or surpass such an outstanding title, especially for launch titles. Looking back at it, Halo for Xbox is probably the most "recent" for an launch title to be utterly fantastic.

Do y'all agree?

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean, not only there's Breath of the Wild, it's kinda unfair to classify a 1:1 remake as a launch title when doing comparisons like these. What makes the game great was ready long before the PS5.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This take is so out there I need to take a deep Breath. Of the Wild things I've seen here, this is something else.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
You're going to catch a lot of flack for this, OP, but it's great to see people enjoying it. Won't get to play it until next week myself.

Not even going to pretend I'm not jealous as fuck of everyone playing it right now.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I don't count breath of the wild as a launch title. It's a crossgen game because it was on Wii U as well. But yeah demons souls is easily the best launch game.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm not even planning on getting a PS5 yet, but I absolutely agree that it's a fantastic title for launching a new machine, both for veterans and new players, for graphics whores and gameplay aficionados. Pretty much a must have for everyone buying the system, and no doubt a system seller for lots of people.

I want it as well, it's just not a 600€-Want. (Also yeah, Zelda, man)

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
BOTW was unbelievable, taking the Switch out of the dock and it immediately resuming on the small screen was mind-blowing at the time

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, with a thread title like that you're definitely asking for this thread to get shit on by BotW mentions =P

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I still think Halo has it down for just being so darn "next gen" in terms of gameplay as well. Not a lot of FPS games like that at the time at all. Unlike the wealth of "souls" games we have has before.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I mean, not only there's Breath of the Wild, it's kinda unfair to classify a 1:1 remake as a launch title when doing comparisons like these. What makes the game great was ready long before the PS5.
How is it unfair when people wanna count botw which is a port? Sounds fair both ways.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Pilotwings resort says hi.... or a different Nintendo launch title that every one else has already mentioned. But also Astro bot may be the better launch title on ps5.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If people are gonna say BoTW, that means Twilight Princess is fair play as well.

And as Twilight Princess is the better game of the two, that's the one that comes out on top.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Problem for those who have already scoured Demon's world originally, there isnt that same sense of wonder left that you had when playing BotW.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

To be fair, it's not a 1:1 remake. The game has been rebalanced (healing grass issues mostly fixed). Rolling is omnidirectional (instead of the somewhat janky 4 directions of the original) and tons of combat animations have been revamped. The camera is closer too. The core is of course mostly the same, but it's also fair to say it's not necessarily the same experience.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Don't get me wrong - Demon's Souls looks to be a hell of a remake and should be applauded as arguably one of the best launch games for this generation. To say however that this rivals Halo Combat Evolved or even newer launch titles like BOTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.