• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
So last quarter PS4 shipped another ~1.1M more units than the Switch. How is it possible that, even though PS4 has been outshipping the Switch for a large number of quarters since 2017, there are people who still think Switch is outselling it? We may get monthly/weekly reports of 2 prominent markets where Switch really does outsell PS4 but...

The world is not just NPD

The world is not just Media Create sales

There are over 120 countries the PS4 is sold to, USA and Nippon are not the entire world. Shops are not putting extra piles on their unsold PS4s. When the PS4 is shipped more, it really does mean it sells more.

Feb 26, 2018
Well we know it outsold ps4 is Spain and France (not sure about this one)
But yeah. People really think that all others markets doesnt matter for some reason

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...okay ? weird flex
people talk about the available data. in almost all major markets, the switch is outselling the PS4.
obviously in the markets where the Switch isn't available but the PS4 is it won't outsell.

EDIT: oh okay you were just mad to the point of making a new thread lmao

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
The MC mafia is strong. Some seem to think that retailers will ask for more shipment just so that it can affect sales threads on the internet.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just shows you how huge the PlayStation brand is worldwide. Almost 6 years old and the PS4 is still selling damn good.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Fuck me it's like a school playground :D You've got so upset you started a fucking thread. Go outside and take a walk, enjoy some fresh air, relax.

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being upset because a box made of motherboard and plastic is outselling another box made of motherboard and plastic.

Just imagine being mad about this.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony work on supporting smaller markets since the PS2 days is paying off big times. I wish Nintendo would actually put some efforts into smaller markets instead of acting like they don't exist.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I guess fanboyism is why. Like some people really like the Switch and have tied some sense of their personal worth to it so they want to see to do well and the narrative that it is outselling the massively successful PS4 makes them feel good. I really don't see how it matters all that much unless you are really into analyzing sales data, or a fanboy who needs to know that your preferred game box is the most popular one. It is the only explanation I can think of.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could op please elaborate what message he/she wants to get through with this thread. I have no idea what I should discuss in here.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Its like all the people thinking that streaming and a digital future is bigger than it honestly is. There is a big ass world outside NPD.

Its not really a big deal either way, just people on here dont see outside America most of the times.

Hydeus

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
France
i don't understand the premise. why would anything outside america matter?

american-eagle.jpg

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
While I do think it's fine that the available data is always discussed, I think the issue is the extrapolation of the available data to other non US/JP markets is where the issue lies.

Either way shipments always tell the true story.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This thread isn't going to generate good discussion and seems to be a reaction to the Switch sales thread so it is now closed. Call me when we have sales figures from The GameCube Hut.

Status
Not open for further replies.