• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Interesting?

• Yes

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
1) We're going to the FUCKIN MOON. New story + new character + returning ones (they didnt want to spoil on stream) + "Alot has changed on the moon. When you go back it isn't what you thought it was. The context of the moon has been updated entirely" (from their vidoc). We can't really go much more into detail (IDK why anyone really would haha) on this as all we have is a ViDOC and a 1 minute trailer.

FSRXA4rHYUjY3gFBSqyFVo-970-80.jpg

2) Shadowkeep introduces Armor 2.0 - Bungie wants to go all out with the "RPG" element of the game. Players can now have more mod slots where you can insert multiple types creating a much more personal build.

3) A TRANSMOG SYSTEM: You can finally look great with the stats you want.

4) Shadowkeep introduces Artifacts- Once again, you each season will have a different artifact most likely. Artifacts let players customize even more and have perks that are exotic tier perks.

5) FINISHING MOVES - Yup. Bungie is now adding finishing moves to the game. Think halo assassinations or something similar.

6) The new raid takes place on the Black Garden. Looking at Bungie and their recent raids, we can only expect top tier stuff here.

7) Shadowkeep brings a new dungeon (According to the product page on STEAM). Look at how great Shattered Throne was. No one expected it at all when it dropped, and it was a highly detailed complex piece of content. We can only expect the same here with Shadowkeep.

8) Shadowkeep is now standalone. You do not need to purchase any other piece of content from bungie (even though forsaken and beyond are all great).

9) BUNGiE seems to be listening very very closely to the community. As you can see in the ViDOC, they fired shots at Activision for not being able to add cross play before Destiny 2 launched and "their vision is no longer dictated by a commercial model or a business plan but by their creativity." (From ViDOC

Also:

Features:
• New Missions, & Quests
• New Destination & Dungeon
• New Weapons and Gear to Earn
• An All New Raid
• And More

Not shadowkeep related obviously but..

-Cross Save
-Google Stadia
-Free To Play
-Coming to STEAM

Looks like this is going to be the best timeline for Destiny 2.

Last edited:

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I had to do a double check cause I thought it was the other thread lol. But yes I am very excited, expectations are in check, and i'm ready for a nostalgia trip.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just fucking love Destiny. It's a warm blanket of a game, I can spend hours playing it and not doing much at all. I'm happy for any new content, really.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big Destiny fan, but come on man, "counter" thread? really?

I'm just hoping the vendors get a substantial inventory refresh

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know about Gear 2.0 and Artifacts. This just made the DLC much more interesting.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
As someone who only owns the base game on battle.net. What version should I purchase to keep me up to date with all the content?

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
The system improvements are great but i hope the content is there. The annual passes haven't been as fun for me as the old style dlc with missions and areas to explore. I'm hoping shadowkeep will be meaty since they don't need to worry about adding any of those mini campaign like warmind every 3 months

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny has just drawn me back after a long hiatus, there's so much good end game right now and all these new updates and future happenings look really good.
It's a great time for new players to jump in.

As someone who only owns the base game on battle.net. What version should I purchase to keep me up to date with all the content?
The new complete edition for $40.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's come to a point where Destiny is back on the spotlight for naysayers and veterans. WE BACK

Oct 31, 2017
I love Destiny and I am so psyched to be pulled back in. Getting my little brother in on it this time and starting a new character to join him with. Really excited for the future of this franchise.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm glad people are excited for it. I saw the trailer, it looks fine. A lot of things you highlight as positives are things I'm skeptical about(being "serious" about RPG elements) or think are lame (assassinations add basically nothing for me and I think going back to the moon is kind of lame).

But hey, to each their own.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Is a transmog system or something similar part of this Armor 2.0 update? I'm sure I saw it discussed in another Shadowkeep thread but I've not been able to find any mention of it elsewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind its mentioned in the OP, about time!

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Is a transmog system or something similar part of this Armor 2.0 update? I'm sure I saw it discussed in another Shadowkeep thread but I've not been able to find any mention of it elsewhere.

Oh yea, the transmog system. I forgot to add that one. Its being added as well in Sept. Adding to OP

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a day 1 Destiny guy. The game has had its and downs but this is the hypest I've ever been for the Destiny universe. All the changes that are being made are more than welcome. I really hope they turn an eye to the Crucible and add new maps / modes.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I didn't get my money's worth from this last yearly pass whatsoever, but I'll probably get this too, like an idiot.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny is prob my fav game this generation. Its my comfort game. No matter what happens in life I can go into a strike or something and have a blast. The shooting never gets old and everything is just engaging constantly. This new expansion looks amazing. Cant wait for it.

Lies

Oct 27, 2017
Proper cringe thread.
How did you think this was a good idea?
(Yes, I play and enjoy D2)

Status
Not open for further replies.