• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have a lot of things to say but none of them are kind, so I won't. Instead, I ask you Era: did Detroit's complex themes and subtle emotions change your life too?

Deleted member 14568

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit's complex themes and subtle emotions
giphy.gif

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It didn't change me but it made my mom and my sister cry and made them say it was the most beautiful game they've seen me play.
So I guess it did something good. ( I liked it a lot too. )

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game, maybe even a great one. But no I do not agree with David that it does something unique or revolutionize the gaming landscape.

One hell of an ego on David.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guess he didn't play those cool Connor John Wick scenes.

Really not a bad game though, Cage is just up his own ass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna take that opportunity and post this gif of David Cage dancing with the main character of Fahrenheit in her underwear

2793805-ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
His games are not bad, but he isn't helping himself here with these tweets.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Great game, and of the most complex story driven games I've played

David cage definitely doesn't get enough praise for what he's doing

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that is his real twitter account cause I don't want to believe that he's jerking off his on work so blatantly.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
We had like a bunch of threads on this yesterday. Yes he is full of shit, yes his writing is wack and all that jazz. But why keep giving his lousy takes or his close minded understanding of the rest of the industry n medium and give it the time of day?

Personally can not stand for games to be "art" or "high art" or "something more" that means a story and a super serious sappy one to boot.

Because personally speaking games like DMC5, Rocket League, Siege n Guilty Gear and the likes are better representative of the art or at the least just as worthy. We need to stop enabling this inane take that the only human emotion worth exploring is sadness n shit.

Jealousy, obsession, joy, pride, relief, suspense, envy, anger, laughter, persistence all these emotions, attributes, n sensations are worth exploring and celebrating. And those have always been stuff games, as games, have been delivering on for ages.

That dudes point of view is absurd. Plus dude didn't play Night in the Woods. What a hoe.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
... the ending I got on my first play through had the MC use a flipping bazooka on a tank not long before it.

But sure. I must've missed some subtlety somewhere.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
David Cage should really take a step back and play a farming sim like Harvest Moon. Something relaxing with fields to till and nice characters to romance.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
Y'all love hating on Cage but his game do stand out from the crowd. I like David even if he is a bit full of himself.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all love hating on Cage but his game do stand out from the crowd. I like David even if he is a bit full of himself.
What crowd? His games aren't even the best at what they set out to do. Telltale's best stuff and Life is Strange far outdo Cage's shit. What exactly does his stuff stand out at?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I havent played Detroit, but I played Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain and Beyond.

Is it just as bad?
detroit is the best game he's ever made but even then the best parts of the game feel in spite of cage and not because of him
like anything fun with Connor and Hank was their actors just adlibbing actual quality in between the cage-isms

other'n that it doesn't get as bad as beyond did lmao

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I have nothing nice to say so I'll make a duplicate thread of one that's already made to shit on a dude who's proud of his work. I'll also continue to post in the thread shitting on his said games.

Status
Not open for further replies.