• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
If you thought games were insufferable when they were inspired by the strongest woman the developers knew(their daughters) just wait until they get inspired by the second strongest woman they knew(their late mothers).

Sorry to their wives as well, they're never getting cited as inspiration.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Probably not, if only because those people are going to age out of creative roles in the industry. We might see a few but...do you think, for example, Druckard is going to be helming games when he's 60?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I reject the premise of this thread, we got like 2 sad dad games. The reason it felt like more is because it seems like that's all a lot of people play on here, the same couple first party games. There was a period where Sonys games started to feel like one but I think they've been able to fix that again and are back to more variety.

With regards to the mom thing, please no because that'd be way harder for me to handle personally.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
If you thought games were insufferable when they were inspired by the strongest woman the developers knew(their daughters) just wait until they get inspired by the second strongest woman they knew(their late mothers).

Sorry to their wives as well, they're never getting cited as inspiration.

Does OP have something against women? What a weird way to frame this.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Yeah I hate it when devs decide to base their games on emotional experiences like fatherhood how fucking dare they express themselves

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If you thought weekend threads were insufferable when they were typical drunk nonsense, just wait until they get inspired by compeltely fucked up edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.