• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
MUCH better than last gen consoles. But still, I will probably wait for the next gen patch. With all the issues the dev has to fix on the current version I imagine we won't see that patch until at least mid next year.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
And this is despite the fact that they're running a Pro and an X SKU, respectively. Wait till the game has native support.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
It looks good on PS5, but I had tons of glitches, including 2 mission breaking glitches in just my first 1.5 hours of play. I've set it aside until more patches hit.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Pretty awful when you think about it that the only way to play these native ps4/xbox one games with OK performance is on next gen hardware with bc mode. Shocking.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That extra crowd density on XSX/Quality makes a massive difference. I'm waiting for some patches, but I'll take the frame rate hit on this one, the Quality mode seems like too big an upgrade

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Schermafbeelding_2020-12-12_172052.png

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Good news: if you're playing on a next gen console, you didn't throw vulnerable minorities under the bus for the privilege of buying a broken port the developer went out of its way to hide."

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like series X is getting the benefit from a xbox one X mode and PS5 is getting PS4 pros best output. This entire launch is a shit show.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it runs better than last gen but I think I'm going to wait for the definitive edition.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This game sells more the improvement of the new consoles and CPU etc then any other game haha.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
So PS5 has less crowd density?
The XSX has a quality mode which bumps resolution, some scenario details and crowd density but at 30FPS.
The PS5 doesn't, that comparison pic above your post is a little misleading without this context.

Overall this is a bad launch for all consoles IMO, it could be better in several ways, incredible how CD Projekt simply fucked up for 90% of the playerbase.
EDIT: and stop making new threads ffs

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
XSX quality is locked 30, seems to be the best version of all platforms if you're super sensitive to frame rate dips. PS5 on performance holds a bit better than XSX perf, but not a massive difference. If you have a VRR capable TV that's also something to consider, the frame rate dips on XSX likely won't be an issue.

XSS version seems pretty decent too, which is good.

XSX quality mode seems like the best option if you want anything remotely close to what you're seeing on the PC. But either way, I'm more interested in what the actual next gen upgrade brings

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Are people purposely making these threads knowing the rules just to see how long they can stay unlocked and how many people they can piss off?

This is rhetorical.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
The XSX has a quality mode which bumps resolution, some scenario details and crowd density but at 30FPS.
The PS5 doesn't, that comparison pic above your post is a little misleading without this context.

Overall this is a bad launch for all consoles, it could be better in several ways, incredible how CD Projekt simply fucked up for 90% of the playerbase.

Does it up crowd density? I thought it was just for some graphical details like AO.

I wonder how different the game is going to look when the next generation patch is out

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How the hell can they still promote this game, it's not even a matter of rendering that it needs to go back on the shelves for now (repeated crash is enough for exemple).

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Are people purposely making these threads knowing the rules just to see how long they can stay unlocked and how many people they can piss off?

This is rhetorical.
I just read through the OT and didn't see anything that said we couldn't have threads about the game. Am I missing something?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Not good enough. This game should have been PC only for the first year until the console versions were baked in the oven enough.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I just read through the OT and didn't see anything that said we couldn't have threads about the game. Am I missing something?

This is at the bottom of every page in the OT

This game is highly controversial for reasons outlined here as well as within the opening post. A significant part the discussion in this thread is likely to revolve around CDPR's transphobia and transphobia in the game itself. That discussion must be given space here; there will be zero tolerance for trolls or agitators. Ignore these following guidelines at your own risk:

• Do not dismiss or handwave concerns of transphobia or announce that they don't bother you.
  • If you respond to a member's concerns by telling them how much you love the game, you will be banned.
  • Avoid sweeping generalizations about people who enjoy the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, directly or indirectly.
  • Do not litigate the existence of this thread; you may be subject to a threadban.
  • This is not a spoiler free thread. Mark your spoilers.
  • Read this Cyberpunk 2077 Epileptic Public Service Announcement. Be careful with what images and videos you post for the safety of your fellow members. If we have to remove something, you will take a thread ban at minimum.
  • Attempting to find a loophole in these guidelines to violate their spirit will still get you banned.
This OT will consolidate topics like review metascores to cut down the number of threads on the game. Any thread about Cyberpunk 2077 beyond this one must be exceptionally newsworthy or have practical value. If you're uncertain as to if a thread should be made, please consult a mod captain before making that thread.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017

Overall this is a bad launch for all consoles IMO, it could be better in several ways, incredible how CD Projekt simply fucked up for 90% of the playerbase.
EDIT: and stop making new threads ffs

After watching the video it seem the XSX has better crowd density in BOTH performance and quality mode.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017

This is rhetorical.
It's trolling at this point.

The game is less of a game and more of a broken pile of trash that reveals people's social and moral positions. The perfect scores on metacritic are fucking embarassing.

Oct 30, 2017
Some atrocious draw distance/pop-in on display. While the PS5 has lower NPC count, I'd take the better framerate, if I had to choose. Those freezes on XSX are unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.