• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bshark

Banned
Jun 25, 2018
After the latest allegations and actions of Blizzard leadership and staff, will you still be supporting Diablo 4 when it comes out?

mod edit: poll removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. As a dev myself, I see no reason to punish the whole team for the actions of entitled white male assholes. I have friends working on D4 and I can't see myself skipping their creation.

But accountability will have to be shown and the door has to be shown to a good number of people (Afrasiabi among others)

Oct 27, 2017
I already wasn't planning on supporting them to begin with ever since the hong kong incident of theirs. Now I am even more unlikely to support them.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Hard to call it a boycott when I wasn't interested anyway, but no I won't be buying anything from Acti/Bliz for the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to not support them ever after the Blitzchung thing and it's Blizzard.
They fucked up Diablo 3 because they were greedy back then.
They don't deserver any kind of anything. Especially not my money

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Would I consider it if they clean their shit up? Sure. Do I expect that to happen? Well, I voted no for a reason...

Dizfy

Oct 17, 2019
Canceled my D2:R Pre order, not gonna get this too. If they commit to the demands of the #ActiBlizzWalkout i will maybe reconsider.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I have no need for Diablo 4 when Path of Exile 2 both exists and seems to 1-up it at every turn based on what we know.

Not supporting such an awful place is a very big, delicious cherry on top.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Nope. I'm kinda done with Blizzard. Maybe, maybe, get D4 if things turn around massively by then, but I honestly doubt it.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I've been off the Blizz train since the China E-Sports debacle. Clearly I've been making the right choice.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
I had no intention of buying it before.

But if I were going to before the controversy I wouldn't now. At least until i see enough to convince me it's actually changing there.

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Activision it's not an indie team with less than 10 members, the victims are employees too
at the end of the day, people who are not interested are not in the sale stats to begin with, common consumers who not aware of the news, and loyal fans will buy it

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
After all this, most likely not. Not unless there are demonstrable actions taken at the company against abusers.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to buy it, but I can't in good conscience support the company now. Not unless there is real and significant change made, and I am doubtful of that happening.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what happens between now and then.

Yes. As a dev myself, I see no reason to punish the whole team for the actions of entitled white male assholes. I have friends working on D4 and I can't see myself skipping their creation.

But accountability will have to be shown and the door has to be shown to a good number of people (Afrasiabi among others)

He was fired last year. Still a lot more house cleaning to be done and I'm skeptical it will be but here's hoping.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They've got probably a minimum of two years before release to prove that they made honest culture changes. If they did that I would probably buy the game.

To be honest though I'm not holding my breath

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think really depends how they will adress these issues.

If diablo 4 fails it could mean the end of blizzard as we know it as they are already pretty much on their last ropes. Warcraft 3 reforged was not very successful. Hots was shut down. Starcraft 2 did not reach the heights of Starcraft. Overwatch and Dia3 were successful but those are hard to compare to COD. Activision could transform them into another COD developer very soon if this trends prolongs and many people will loose their jobs.

However if they dont adress the issues at hand i think there is no way I will buy their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.