• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stance on PS5 now?

• Unaffected, getting it

Votes: 82 51.6%
  • Concerned, waiting

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • Dismayed, not getting it

Votes: 34 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I am floored at how horribly Sony handled things. Just...blasted away into pieces. And I consider myself a relative PS fan.

I have no idea if this is knife on throat due to COVID, $399 system or what, but...fuck.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I went from looking for pre-ordering the digital edition ps5 tomorrow after watching the conference to waiting for slim with the price hike news.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
No, we already knew that $70 was coming from other companies doing it, if anything, the price being cheaper than expected made me more likely to buy early than I was before as I don't really care about any of the launch stuff

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
The price hike has put me off. I was dead set on the digital version as all of my PS4 games are digital - you can get deals on PSN credit so that it works out the same (if not slightly cheaper) than disc versions at launch. But if we're talking £70 a pop, that might just be too rich for my blood.

Cross-gen games I don't give a shit about. Of course they wouldn't leave 100m PS4 owners behind haha.

Oct 25, 2017
The bad communication has no impact on my purchasing decision, but the high amount of cross-gen first party games and increased game prices make me want to wait a bit.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I won't be picking up every launch title at those prices but that's it. The announced console price and confirmation of DeS at launch along with Miles solidified the Day 1 purchase.

I definitely won't be buying PS4 versions of these cross-gen games.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Yes, I'll be waiting to buy one now as most of the games are cross gen.
Whats the point of buying one this year?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Extremely concerned, but it generally didn't away me on my inclination to buy a PS5

THANK GOD FOR BC

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The price hike is lame. I'm not sure what's confusing about the messaging though. They gave the price and date and games. That's enough info. That they didn't do it sooner or did it in a press release instead of in a video doesn't impact my purchase decision of the console. I still plan to get one.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
£69.99 for a game feels insane. I mean it will obviously reduce quite quickly when it comes to retail in the UK. The other stuff I'm not that bothered about. Ultimately the console has the stuff I actually want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.