• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
You remember when Zidane gropes her ass near the beginning of the game and being all ''Ohh, so soft!'' and afterwards says he didn't do it on purpose cause Garnet is all mad and shit?

a0FVI9H.png

Am I supposed to believe this was an accident?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was not. I'm gonna go with "different times", but he clearly groped her.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
that thread title made me think of the real Zidane, then I saw FF9 and was more confused ( never played FF9 )

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's an acceptable action but isn't it supposed to be context that Zidane is flawed in this way? It makes sense. No hero is perfect, and Zidane is clearly a creeping, arrogant jerk. I want to say he'd be better post-game with some perspective though.

Karamina

Apr 10, 2018
It took me few second to understand Zinedine Zindane did not sexually assault Gareth Bale =)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's an acceptable action but isn't it supposed to be context that Zidane is flawed in this way? It makes sense. No hero is perfect, and Zidane is clearly a creeping, arrogant jerk. I want to say he'd be better post-game with some perspective though.

The issue is that Zidane isn't meant to be a creeping arrogant jerk, it's that grabbing Garnet's ass is meant to establish him as a lovable flirty rogue.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
When I was playing it as a kid I always just believed him when he said it was accidental lol

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe? It was accidental, though he clearly enjoyed it. It's not okay, but it's also nothing to make a mountain out of a molehill either.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that Zidane isn't meant to be a creeping arrogant jerk, it's that grabbing Garnet's ass is meant to establish him as a lovable flirty rogue.
Where did you get this subjective opinion? Zidane always seemed a bit pompous to me at the start of FF9 before he goes through some shit.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its an anime or JRPG and the question is "did ______ sexually assault ______" the answer will usually be "yes"

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019

Oh that lovable scamp Zidane. Sexually assaults women, but he's just a good guy underneath with flaws. Boys will be boys, eh?

[it is framed as a joke and therefore never adressed as a real flaw. It's not even lampshaded. It's just presented as a goof. He sexually assaulted someone for them larfers, silly ole goose Zizou].

All your FF favs are guilty of sexual misconduct.

My boy Sabin is a perfect gentleman through and through.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Zidane is a leech, Freya even threatens to kick his arse when he's agressively hitting on a waitress.

He either gropes her or makes an inappopriate comment after the airship rocks his hand.

Zidane matures over the story, a coming of age story for a teenager, whether this is a valid arc or a problemactic one is up to you.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Shit.

I was about to buy FF9 as well.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

giphy.gif

JK downloading it now. Hope it's good. Haven't played it since when it originally came out.

Seriously though if they were to remake FF9, that scene wouldn't be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.