• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

An updated, refreshed look at the state of Cyberpunk 2077 seven months on from launch. A new patch roadmap from developer CD Projekt Red suggests the next-gen release is due in the second half of 2021 - but how does PS5, Xbox Series X and S stand on patch 1.23, running on back-compat code to PS4 and Xbox One versions?
www.eurogamer.net

Cyberpunk 2077: the state of play for PS5 and Xbox Series consoles

The recent release of Cyberpunk 2077's 1.23 update saw genuine improvements on PlayStation 4 consoles - enough for Sony…

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'll keep waiting. The city is basically empty on PS5. I've had a copy sitting on my shelf for months but it's just not ready yet.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The difference in NPCs at 3:23 in the video is very surprising. Pretty major difference. I won't be playing the game until the nextgen patch if at all, so I assume there will be feature parity at that point.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
my launch copy is covered in a fine layer of dust. I will absolutely play it the moment the ps5 upgrade is out but i just cant do it yet

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I've also been waiting for the Series X patch. It doesn't look like it's coming before the end of the year. Probably in time for the game's first anniversary.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I'll keep waiting.

The PS5, while the game runs quite noticeably better than the Series X, this version is severely lacking density, NPC's etc making the world a lot less lively, and that's a huge bummer.

And in reverse, the Series X has all the density you could ask for, a lively, breathing world, and even then when there are scenes that lack it, it struggles quite noticeably when compared to the PS5, and that's a bummer.

Pick your poison.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the low npc density in the ps5 version destroys the atmosphere of the city, which is like one of the 3 things i liked in this game.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing this game on my Series X, and I quit after 3-4 hours.

Even ignoring all the buginess and performance issues, it's just not a very good game. it's super cringey edge lord shit.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I still have hope, maybe when they release the final update to current consoles.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I'm not sure I can comeback to this game. I did basically everything in the world and my character was so overpowered by the end.

I'll play the multiplayer if that ever ends up happening but I think I'm done with the single player.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
have they patched out the transphobia yet?
Or a good game yet?

Are cops still a nonfunction in this open world rpg? Can you still just look up and despawn everything? Does water still have no properties and things fall to the bottom with a loud clunk?

This getting continued coverage on DF is weird to me as performance doesn't really matter when your game is bug riddled down to it's very core with non existent design choices.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
The lack of npcs on PS5 is embarassing, I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like that, I completed the game during the last patch or the one before. It could be a victim of continued optimisation PS4, but it's hopefully a bug that can be fixed.

The load times on PS5 definitely got worse after a patch, they were very good at launch and for a while after.

Last edited:

Zinnwel

Banned
May 24, 2020
I was so hyped for the game, but many months later I didn't even bother pirating the game. Good thing I never pre order anything.

Maybe by 2022 they will have fixed all the issues with bugs and gameplay but I kinda doubt it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mature cyberpunk media content usually is nothing but edge and sex.
There's plenty of media with cyberpunk aesthetic that have much better stories, interesting characters, and non-cringey content.

I'm fine with cyberpunk stuff going for "cool" and having sex and nudity, but Cyberpunk 2077 comes off like a 14 year olds vision of a cyberpunk style game. It's just bad from a writing/character point of view.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seems like they still haven't fixed much. They're going to be fixing this game through 2023.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
People really think CP doesn't have interesting characters? Sometimes I feel like I played a different game, it was actually really good in that aspect to me.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
So basically PS5 BC runs much better but messed up in resolution and NPC count, while the Series X BC version has a high resolution and higher NPC count but with poor performance across the board; so not much change since launch.

Honestly, I know people are holding out hope for the actual current-gen ports but I could only see them being just the Series X BC version but with more stable performance and a higher base resolution in the 60fps mode.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I will buy this game when it gets the next gen patch and at a deep deep discount... if I even remember it. The game drove off the popularity cliff ages ago and it has basically disappeared out of my consciousness.

Goddamn they really blew it with this game.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This looks and plays exactly the same it did a couple months after launch. They haven't attempted to increase performance or fidelity in a long time and instead seem to have gone the bug stomping route first(which they should). I'm still gonna sit on the sidelines till they get nextgen versions out.

Oct 30, 2017
If the PS5 version can continue to maintain this level of performance but sees a decent improvement in crowd density, I'll be quite happy.

Oct 31, 2017
This needs a proper next-gen version.
I honestly don't think it's going to address much.
You could even get a game that performs extremely well and with all its bugs and technical issues addressed, but this is never going to change the fact that the game has terrible mechanics and subsystems, the roleplay options are shallow at best, the reactivity/interaction is hardly even there and the entire narrative feels like it was butchered and stuffed inside a release window with kicks, punches and pushes.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
There's plenty of media with cyberpunk aesthetic that have much better stories, interesting characters, and non-cringey content.

I'm fine with cyberpunk stuff going for "cool" and having sex and nudity, but Cyberpunk 2077 comes off like a 14 year olds vision of a cyberpunk style game. It's just bad from a writing/character point of view.

For a video game, it pretty much hit the target audience. I'm not saying it is good, but it is more or less what is to be expected. Cyberpunk as a genre has always, to me at least, felt like a "this is trying too hard to be cool because its really not" kind of affair

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Literally have not thought about this game once since I requested a refund a few weeks after release. The biggest takeaway for me was being 'punk' and 'sticking it to the man' was to not play the game at all lol.

did they ever fix the 'fake' HDR?

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I honestly don't think it's going to address much.
You could even get a game that performs extremely well and with all its bugs and technical issues addressed, but this is never going to change the fact that the game has terrible mechanics and subsystems, the roleplay options are shallow at best, the reactivity/interaction is hardly even there and the entire narrative feels like it was butchered and stuffed inside a release window with kicks, punches and pushes.
Well, they keep patching it in and there will be DLC, so it should be a more pleasurable experience. Not what it was supposed to be, but still a good game overall.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Watching this video really highlights how everything is so...bland. Like...no one talked about how uninteresting and dull it all was on day 1 because of how buggy it was. But even outside of all that, the game doesn't seem to be a good experience.

MegaMetroid

Alt-Account
Banned
May 16, 2021
The npc density even on PC with a top notch gpu doesnt match the first "playable" demo they showed back in the day....

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
When I read about how the different character options didn't almost have any influence in the game and how your choices in the story also were not all that important towards the ending i lost all interest about this game.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Seeing the console version of this game look like this is crazy. PS5 version is like a desert in comparison. I finished this on PC and it was an amazing game. There were bugs, but not enough to take away from the experience. I hope they can resolve this because it a great game with a good story underneath it's present console experience.

Jun 20, 2021
It needed at least a year's delay. Stockholders and frankly gamers, wouldn't have allowed that. But we're seeing from Halo Infinite that sometimes a really long delay pays off.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
The city in the PS5/PS4 version is such a ghost town now...

The lack of npcs on PS5 is embarassing, I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like that, I completed the game during the last patch or the one before. It could be a victim of continued optimisation PS4, but it's hopefully a bug that can be fixed.

It wasn't. When I played the game around launch there were a lot of NPCs around. Completely removing the NPCs was their way of optimizing the performance of the PS5/PS4 version a few patches back...

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope they do a overhaul on this game...sounds like it's a good game but was overshadowed by all the bad press of the console versions...rightfully so.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Or a good game yet?

Are cops still a nonfunction in this open world rpg? Can you still just look up and despawn everything? Does water still have no properties and things fall to the bottom with a loud clunk?

This getting continued coverage on DF is weird to me as performance doesn't really matter when your game is bug riddled down to it's very core with non existent design choices.
This game gets regular coverage in most big media I follow and I always ask myself if they didn't learn anything from all the shit CDPR pulled before release. But I guess it's just something people still care about and what generates clicks. I think many fans have still the illusion that this game might some day become the game they wanted. Which is very unlikely considering how deep the problems go.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the console version of this game look like this is crazy. PS5 version is like a desert in comparison. I finished this on PC and it was an amazing game. There were bugs, but not enough to take away from the experience. I hope they can resolve this because it a great game with a good story underneath it's present console experience.
It's the PS4 version

Status
Not open for further replies.