• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Does the Discover Card ad or other intrusive ads need to go?

• Yes, they make the experience of this site worse

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No way, I love ads.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
So I can agree that ads keep a site running and have no issues with the small top of the screen and bottom of screen ad that weren't intrusive. But can we all agree that the Discover Card intrusive ad that fills your screen with either a ring of light before growing large, or other versions of it. I am sure there are other targeted ads on this site like this, but this is the one that keeps getting thrown at me. As I wrote this it came up twice with the tiny X I can never seem to hit... Is there anyway as a community we can influence things like this, because I would sure love to see it go back to just the top or bottom of the screen ads.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is still on the first page lol
www.resetera.com

There's a really intrusive discover ad on mobile right now on this website. Weekend Era

It keeps popping up and taking over the entire screen. A couple seconds after I too this screenshot my whole screen started turning orange from the ad.

Can report crap ads here:
www.resetera.com

The Ad Reporting Thread

Hi all, Ads are how we're able to keep the lights on here at ResetEra and we've made it our mission to provide you with a pleasant browsing experience by partnering with agencies that focus on delivering good ads. The unfortunate reality of the online ad industry however is that it's really a...

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I remember having an old navy one that you couldn't close or minimize. Made the site unusable whenever it appeared

Status
Not open for further replies.