• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all didn't really wanna make a thread to ask this but I've asked In so many threads lately and nobody seems to be able to answer this.

Was this ever removed? I want to get the game on ps4 now and I own it on Pc and the filter was removable with reshade but is it still in the console versions of the game without being removable in any way?

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017

no, 2

Im guessing by the responses in the thread that its not removable then :( oh well all good was just wondering. Also it was discussed a LOT when it first came out and within a day or 2 someone on this forum made a great reshade preset to remove the yellow which was amazing

Yellow filter? Can you post examples?

See above, sorry didnt have one at the ready when made the thread

Tbh i think it looks awful with the yellow over the screen

How about just playing the game the way the creators intended

thanks for your total nonresponse. Will keep playing games how i want to where possible

Oct 25, 2017
From the footage you posted, the game looked a lot less washed out/yellow when I played it on PS4 at the time it came out. It had generally a very naturalistic seeming palette, I think perhaps this video is simply poorly calibrated?

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I don't think my game looks like that. maybe it's my colourblindness. I knew it would help me at some point!

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
From the footage you posted, the game looked a lot less washed out/yellow when I played it on PS4 at the time it came out. It had generally a very naturalistic seeming palette, I think perhaps this video is simply poorly calibrated?

The video sucks yeah it does, it doesn't look as washed out as the video when I play, I just couldn't find a better example but yeah basically it just removes the yellow which I really didn't like but yeah seems to be it's standard thing which is all good

Mods can lock it up if you see this I think my Q has been answered thanks :)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
no, 2

Im guessing by the responses in the thread that its not removable then :( oh well all good was just wondering. Also it was discussed a LOT when it first came out and within a day or 2 someone on this forum made a great reshade preset to remove the yellow which was amazing

See above, sorry didnt have one at the ready when made the thread

Tbh i think it looks awful with the yellow over the screen

thanks for your total nonresponse. Will keep playing games how i want to where possible

I'm not sure what's going on here, but when I played RE2 on the PS4 it didn't look this flat and lifeless.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
That video looks like someone tried to record an HDR source with an SDR capture.

Or they cranked the in-game brightness all the way up.

It looks horrible and not like the game does properly calibrated.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard mention of a yellow filter in RE2 before and never noticed it myself. That comparison video looks awful. Brightness is completely out of wack before and after

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing they haven't removed it OP as based on reactions in here, it seems like a very specific and therefore minor "issue" for them to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.