• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you agree with Far Cry 6's 74/100 Meta?

• Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No, should be higher (please specify)

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • No, should be lower (please specify)

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018
So the PS5 version is sitting on a 74/100 Metacritic critic score. IGN gave Far Cry 6 an 8/10 and Far Cry 5 an 89/100. Is the 74 justly?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I "agree" with it in that it's a somewhat accurate representation of the critic aggregate, although I think OpenCritic has a better formula.

Do I agree with the score as in, would I rate it a 74? No. I'd rate it sub-50s.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No, but I understand why it's low.
It's more of the same but it really is the best Far Cry since 3. I'm loving the setting and atmosphere, the game lools gorgeous. The female protagonist is great and the story is serviceable enough. Gameplay is the best in the series and they also improved on the Ubi-formula

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Yes

It looks like more of the same for the series, minus the USA/cult aspect that made 5 stand out for me.

Not to mention the poor optimization/high VRAM requirements on the PC version.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and it's my favorite far cry thus far and I'm not even finished fully, but I understand why someone would give this game a 75 coming from previous games

But for an actual far cry fan it's damn good

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I can understand as to why some sites gave it a lower score than Far Cry 5 because 6 barely adds something new but it improves on a lot of aspects.

As a whole I do feel the game world is a lot more interesting and so is the story. Dani is also a very loveable character (female VA) and the gunplay feels a lot better. These things actually elevate it to a higher score for me personally.

Shaz12567

Jun 7, 2021
Personally I would give it an 88 on PC. A good looking game graphically (apart from the textures) being the main reason for me. Far Cry is meant to be in a paradise setting and the Color saturated islands just keep pulling be back into the game hungry for more.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
No, but I understand why it's low.
It's more of the same but it really is the best Far Cry since 3. I'm loving the setting and atmosphere, the game lools gorgeous. The female protagonist is great and the story is serviceable enough. Gameplay is the best in the series and they also improved on the Ubi-formula
I haven't played a Far Cry other than Primal since like 1 or 2.. maybe I'll finally give this one a shot some time down the line. Encouraging impressions.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
74 is a great score for the sixth game in series that hasn't been good for me since 4.

I am enjoying my time with but don't think I'll play much more of it after my UPLAY + sub runs out.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This topic seems perfect for the review thread.
www.resetera.com

Far Cry 6 review thread

OpenCritic: 80 Eurogamer IGN 8/10 PC Gamer 75/100 Gamesradar 4/5 Gamespot 7/10 Polygon Destructiod 7.5/10 True Achievements 9/10 Press Start 8.5/10 Rock Paper Shotgun EGM 4/10 VG247 4/5 MP1st 8.5/10 Gamekult 6/10 Unranked Podcast Theouterhaven 4/5 Unboxholics...

Status
Not open for further replies.