• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Breath of the Wild 2 be shown in the February 17th, 2021 direct?

• Yes

Votes: 206 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 147 41.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
It has been a year and 7 months since we have seen any footage of BOTW2, February 21st is Zelda's 35th anniversary so Zelda news in tomorrow's direct is very likely.

I usually try not to have high expectations for directs because I hate being disappointed if something doesn't get shown but with it being the first big direct since September 2019, and Nintendo really advertising it (more so than other directs), I expect this direct to be big.

A new trailer with a title reveal is what I think will happen.

What do you all think?

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Absolutely no chance.

I think we hear about the Zelda anniversary stuff in a specialized direct.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
A teaser is likely. At the very least a mention of it.

AoC is out. It's been almost 2 years straight of no footage. At some point they've got to update us unless the project completely changed scope.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think the timing is right to re-reveal it tomorrow, but I also think Nintendo may naturally wait until the Switch Pro Direct to cover the game more in-depth - just to shine it in the best possible light.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Only if they don't plan a Zelda direct (or maybe they tie those announcements together).

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
We will definitively see Zelda and Link.
But BoTW will be for an other time, probably around "E3".

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Totally. It'll be the 'one more thing' at the end of the Direct.
Risky bet: it'll show the title and release date.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. If they announce other Zelda stuff they will show something, maybe small, with wording that we will see more later in the year.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like, exactly 50/50 on this, I'll vote no to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised if it does.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A snipet, yeah. But I don't think we'll see anything substantial, and certainly not a release date.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Doubtful. This is for the first half of 2021. Zelda is end of year at the earliest unless they announce a Switch Pro at some point then it will launch with that.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna go in expecting it but it feels like it's about time, and I won't be surprised if it happens

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I mean nothing big is coming out in the first half of 2021, and Nintendo need something BIG to show. I just hope it's odyssey 2, but I won't mind BotW 2 either.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think we will see a tease, considering we last saw it at E3 2019 in it's reveal and it's the 35th anniversary of Zelda.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
A tease, at best. Bigger showing at an anniversary Direct with release dates and such.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, unless they're planning on doing an anniversary stream for Zelda on the 21st, then it doesn't really make sense for it not to be there along with some other anniversary stuff they may be planning like Skyward Sword HD. Even if it's more of a peak with an announcement that there will be more info and footage later in additional Direct's later this year.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Nintendo is doing a full Direct days before the Anniversary, it's been almost 2 years since the first trailer and in September Aonuma said we had "to wait a bit more" for new updates. Yes, i do expect to see something BOTW2 related.

Status
Not open for further replies.