• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like rap music?

• yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Creating a troll thread, numerous previous infractions for trolling; threadmaking privileges suspended
Question in the title. Do you like rap music? My favorite rapper is westside gunn. I think rap has themes and messages it presents which are not touched upon by other genres of music. Do you like it? If not, what kind of genres of music do you like?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Wait didn't we just have this one?

Should I make the "I just don't like rap and country" joke again?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
We got 2 threads of the same just today. Has this become a gag?

www.resetera.com

Do you like rap?

Given no post or communication from mods, I’m not sure why my last thread closed. I would like to know what the demographics on era think about rap music. Do you like rap music. Thank you

www.resetera.com

Do you like rap?

Is this thread, and the locked one before it, another example of Era eating itself? like, we can’t talk about a colossal entertainment industry and who likes it or not, because it will in 4 pages descend into overly politicised mud slinging?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I like rap music
&
I do not like rap music

should replace thor the dark world in all future polls

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
We got 2 threads of the same just today.

www.resetera.com

Do you like rap?

Given no post or communication from mods, I’m not sure why my last thread closed. I would like to know what the demographics on era think about rap music. Do you like rap music. Thank you

www.resetera.com

Do you like rap?

Is this thread, and the locked one before it, another example of Era eating itself? like, we can’t talk about a colossal entertainment industry and who likes it or not, because it will in 4 pages descend into overly politicised mud slinging?

This thread is about be locked.
This one's different, it's got "music" in the title!

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
When it comes to "do you like X music" more often than not it's people talking about the mainstream versions of the genre because I wholeheartedly believe that there isn't any way you can't like a single song from a genre and if you can like a song you can like an artist or album.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
5tva6tapowe11.jpg

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I enjoy, or can at least appreciate almost any genre of music. I wouldn't say that rap is my favorite style of music, but good music is good music.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
We got 2 threads of the same just today. Has this become a gag?
If you look at all the threads you can see what happened and it's kind of silly.

DongBeetle made a thread asking if people liked rap. It was closed on Page 2 with no comment from the mods.
DongBeetle remade the thread including a question as to why it was closed with no comment from the mods. The mods closed it again, this time adding a comment that the OP didn't have enough effort or commentary in it.
DongBeetle made the thread a third time, with a slightly longer OP detailing why they like a rap and want to know what music era likes. Thread was locked a third time, claiming it still wasn't enough effort, Dong's thread making privileges revoked (despite, if you ask me, there being plenty of low effort polls every day here).

Now this fourth thread is made by someone else, clearly trolling and making fun of DongBeetle's attempts to have a thread about rap being denied.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I prefer the hip-hop over rap as a genre descriptor, but yes.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I've never been thatt into it but I've been listening to a lot of Jurassic Five and Run The Jewels recently and they are great.

I'd be open to suggestions for similar sounding hip hop if anyone has any.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
If you look at all the threads you can see what happened and it's kind of silly.

DongBeetle made a thread asking if people liked rap. It was closed on Page 2 with no comment from the mods.
DongBeetle remade the thread including a question as to why it was closed with no comment from the mods. The mods closed it again, this time adding a comment that the OP didn't have enough effort or commentary in it.
DongBeetle made the thread a third time, with a slightly longer OP detailing why they like a rap and want to know what music era likes. Thread was locked a third time, claiming it still wasn't enough effort, Dong's thread making privileges revoked (despite, if you ask me, there being plenty of low effort polls every day here).

Now this fourth thread is made by someone else, clearly trolling and making fun of DongBeetle's attempts to have a thread about rap being denied.
Lmao era meta

Status
Not open for further replies.